• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

HIIT sessions

nuttz51

I am a pothead
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
How often do you do them? What are the walk/sprint interval times and for how long each session?

I’d like to know too. I’m thinking about implementing hiit to my workouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I’ve been doing

20 mins pre workout
80 seconds walk pace, 80 second sprint pace
i do this on a stair climber. Sprint pace is 95 steps per min, walk is 55

i try do another 20 mins post workout.

on non lifting days I go for just one 40 min session.

i do these at least 5 times a week. Trying to burn some fat

20 mins pre workout

Going to give this a try today!

5 minutes warm up
40 seconds 100%
20 seconds 50%
Repeat 12-15 times
5 minutes cool down

So like 25 minutes total...?

What machine you using? And has this been really effective in your opinion?

thanks in advance

So like 25 minutes total...?

What machine you using? And has this been really effective in your opinion?

thanks in advance
Yeah around 25 minutes total but really only the intervals are taxing. The warm up should be enough to get you loose.

I'll do bleachers or sprints for the most part. I like doing my cardio out doors on grass or turf for joint issues and it goes by faster. The bike is excellent for this but it kills my knees. Stairmaster is anther good option.

It works really really well. My legs don't shrink up with HIIT like they do with liss. Just don't do it fasted... Or don't do cardio at all like me for the last year and a half lol

I do tread mill 2 min warmup. .5 incline speed 9 to 10.5 depending on how I'm feeling. 30 seconds on 15 seconds off. do that for 10 mins and am usually dead after try to do twice a week

For sprinting on the treadmill I do 60 seconds sprinting 30 seconds complete stand still (I jump up and put my feet on the sides), for 12-15 minutes. This is my favorite but I get knee and/or ankle pain if I do it too often, at least in combination with my weight training routine.

On the spin bike I do 30 seconds all out/30 seconds slow for 10 minutes (for me this works my whole body and is a lot more tiring than sprinting, but a good option when I’m having joint pain)

Stair master I usually save for LISS, but if I’m feeling ambitious I do 1 min all out/1 min slow.

IML Gear Cream!
For sprinting on the treadmill I do 60 seconds sprinting 30 seconds complete stand still (I jump up and put my feet on the sides), for 12-15 minutes. This is my favorite but I get knee and/or ankle pain if I do it too often, at least in combination with my weight training routine.

On the spin bike I do 30 seconds all out/30 seconds slow for 10 minutes (for me this works my whole body and is a lot more tiring than sprinting, but a good option when I’m having joint pain)

Stair master I usually save for LISS, but if I’m feeling ambitious I do 1 min all out/1 min slow.

i tried this and learnt that I’m allergic to cardio. Respect.

20 mins pre workout

So many wtf's in this post.. Why would you do HIIT preworkout? If you do it properly you're going to be burnt out. Also if you're doing it properly there's no way you're going to last for 40min, 10 pure minutes of HIIT is hell, more than 15min is almost impossible for most. Look at what Montego wrote, that's a great outline of a HIIT protocol but still a hard one. 20seconds of going all out is harder than you can imagine; I usually only do 15seconds tops and have a 10minute cool down.

Actually everything you wrote is wtf. You try and do it postworkout as well? 5 times a week? WTF lol.

Last edited:
So many wtf's in this post.. Why would you do HIIT preworkout? If you do it properly you're going to be burnt out. Also if you're doing it properly there's no way you're going to last for 40min, 10 pure minutes of HIIT is hell, more than 15min is almost impossible for most. Look at what Montego wrote, that's a great outline of a HIIT protocol but still a hard one. 20seconds of going all out is harder than you can imagine; I usually only do 15seconds tops and have a 10minute cool down.

Actually everything you wrote is wtf. You try and do it postworkout as well? 5 times a week? WTF lol.

Saw an interesting video by that AthleanX dude showing that cardio prior to any workout reduces your lifting power considerably. Can’t remember if he quoted percentages but I recall being shocked at the magnitude. Moral: never do cardio prior to lifting.

Saw an interesting video by that AthleanX dude showing that cardio prior to any workout reduces your lifting power considerably. Can’t remember if he quoted percentages but I recall being shocked at the magnitude. Moral: never do cardio prior to lifting.

Anyone that has been in this sport and actually tries putting the work into working out and has been consistent knows that cardio before lifting is a nono, unless you're a crossfitter or want to look like one.

Anyone that has been in this sport and actually tries putting the work into working out and has been consistent knows that cardio before lifting is a nono, unless you're a crossfitter or want to look like one.
Yep.

We go to the gym to gain muscle first, lose fat second most all the time.

Why not use every ounce of energy for goal a?

I never do cardio before lifting. I see some guys doing that but they’re lean and non muscular as hell. I might do cardio after lifting. Usually, I separate my running and lifting. Lift am and run pm

yeah you’re right I guess it’s techincally not real HIIT by protocol, but it’s intensive interval cardio done the way I find most effective and fun cause I absolutely hate cardio. Yes I do it 10x a week if I lift 5 days. It has never made me feel too weak to lift but I don’t do it on leg days. My routine as of now has been giving me the best results I’ve had thus far in my 15 years of lifting. Thanks for your input.

Back