• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

When does your day start and end

1stplace

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What time are you starting your day typically and how long does it last? For me I get up at 3 am and go to the gym then off to work which on average I get home at 8pm eat sleep and repeat. Just curious what the normal is. I know sleep is a big part of success in the gym but how much is to much or not enough?

I’m on the same schedule up at 3:30am down at 8:00pm. I nap for 30min at 12pm. I say 7-8 hours sleep is good but 9-10 would be the best. Sleep is very very important!

Up at 6am, try to hit the cardio most mornings, home from work an hour after sunset, about an hour of paperwork, try to be in the gym by 9pm, in bed by 11pm. I hardly ever get more than 7 hours sleep a night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work two different shifts 7am to 7 pm or the opposite. Been working rotating shifts for over 20 years .

On the 7 am I get up at 4:00 Cook , shower and feed animals then the hr to work . Hour home by 8 ish . Gym , eat , 11:00 to 11:30 is bed time .

7 pm to am i get home 8ish . Bed by 9 up at 2 . Eat , preworkout and gym then cook ,shower and run out the door.

I wish i slept more . Been going on 5 hours or less for years .

I work two different shifts 7am to 7 pm or the opposite. Been working rotating shifts for over 20 years .

On the 7 am I get up at 4:00 Cook , shower and feed animals then the hr to work . Hour home by 8 ish . Gym , eat , 11:00 to 11:30 is bed time .

7 pm to am i get home 8ish . Bed by 9 up at 2 . Eat , preworkout and gym then cook ,shower and run out the door.

I wish i slept more . Been going on 5 hours or less for years .

That’s rough man. I don’t know how you can handle that swing shift thing. That would kill me.

Currently on days so 3:10am/gym at 4am /work at 6am and home at 6pm. Bed by 9

Up at 2:50AM. Gym 5AM. Work 7-3:30, home by 4:30-5. In bed by 8. Weekends I get an extra hour or 2 of sleep.

It’s nice to see that I’m not the only one up super early to hit the gym

IML Gear Cream!
Dang I'm surprised how many workout in the morning. It definitely helps me wake up for the day but come 1700 I'm fighting to stay awake! I only go in the morning because of my work schedule.

I go first thing in the morning for the sole reason that I work a physically laborous job. I found myself missing too many workouts in the afternoon for the reason that I’m absolutely drained after working all day. Would get home and the gym sounded like the last thing I wanted to battle through. After a while it was obvious I was as going backwards in my training and physique. Switched to mornings after that and I really enjoy it. Less people at the gym, and a great way to get my day started. I’ve always been a morning person anyways so it works out great for me.

I go first thing in the morning for the sole reason that I work a physically laborous job. I found myself missing too many workouts in the afternoon for the reason that I’m absolutely drained after working all day. Would get home and the gym sounded like the last thing I wanted to battle through. After a while it was obvious I was as going backwards in my training and physique. Switched to mornings after that and I really enjoy it. Less people at the gym, and a great way to get my day started. I’ve always been a morning person anyways so it works out great for me.

yes sir that's exactly why I go in the am. I drive about 2 hrs after work all I want to do is get to my bed!

I’m up at four and work by five . I’m off around five to get the daughter from whatever she has going on . The wife goes to school at night so I do dinner and than hit the gym around seven and In bed between nine or ten.

Up at 5:10 am, at work by 6:45 am. Gym by 4:00 pm, about an hour or more. Go home, get my beautiful Golden Retriever (12 years old), take her out for playtime and pee pee - poopie. I prep all week for breakfast, lunch, and meals in between. But dinner is always an adventure, and always spur of the moment. Might be chicken, might be 96% ground beef, might be filet mignon (why does every one treat beef like the plague?) .... always with broccoli or cauliflower.... Not planning on getting on a stage, so weekends are a free for all. Today me and my woman just had an incredible french dip, provolone, au jus, horseradish sauce, beer battered fries. She looks great at 58..... but insisted on an hour of cardio following that meal, lol.... GO EAGLES

Last edited:
Up at 7:00am, in bed by 10:30pm.

I’m up at four and work by five . I’m off around five to get the daughter from whatever she has going on . The wife goes to school at night so I do dinner and than hit the gym around seven and In bed between nine or ten.
Does your daughter go to the gym with you? Is there a gym daycare like some have (assuming she is young enought to have to be watched while you workout and the wife is at school)

I have no set hours for work, I just need to get my work done and not fall behind.

Typically I get up between 5:00-5:30, have a coffee and talk to my wife for a little bit then head to office. I eat four meals there and by 3:00 I am hopefully headed out of there, stop by house to change clothes and gym is just a few blocks away. I get home around 5:30 drink a protien shake and tablespoon of natural peanut butter then jump in shower. Dinner is around 7:00 and after that do meal prep for a few days if necessary.

In bed by 10:00

I did workout first thing in the morning for years, got up at 4:00 to make b-line for the gym. As much of a morning person I am I found I was not fueled up enough to train so I gave afternoon workouts a try after eating several meals during the day and I just had so much more energy this way, I will never go back to early morning workouts.

I have no set hours for work, I just need to get my work done and not fall behind.

Typically I get up between 5:00-5:30, have a coffee and talk to my wife for a little bit then head to office. I eat four meals there and by 3:00 I am hopefully headed out of there, stop by house to change clothes and gym is just a few blocks away. I get home around 5:30 drink a protien shake and tablespoon of natural peanut butter then jump in shower. Dinner is around 7:00 and after that do meal prep for a few days if necessary.

In bed by 10:00

I did workout first thing in the morning for years, got up at 4:00 to make b-line for the gym. As much of a morning person I am I found I was not fueled up enough to train so I gave afternoon workouts a try after eating several meals during the day and I just had so much more energy this way, I will never go back to early morning workouts.

Jealous ^^^

Get Shredded!
Jealous ^^^

LOL!

It's not always like that.

Last year was pretty mellow as I had one major out of town assignment for almost the entire month of May with a few others that took a week here and there. Year before last I worked out of town during the summer every 1-2 weeks for 1-1 1/2 weeks and put in some long hours!!!

This year so far just a week or so out of town in early April and I know I have some other short zingers as I called them.

I thought adding all that in would be a detractor to my schedule so I left that out.

I'm up at 4:30 cook breakfast, then off to the gym for about 1 1/2. I do the major muscle groups Mon - Fri, then to work from 7"30 to 4:30. On my way home I stop back by the gym for about 30 - 45mn. and do abs/calfs on Mon/Wes/Fri and very light cardio on Tues/Thurs. I've been skipping the cardio days here lately though. I'm usually wore the hell out by 9:00, so I'm in the bed by 9:30 or so.

I get up between 5:00-6:30 depending on if I'm doing fasted cardio, working it of town, etc. Lifting is in the evening around 6-7:00 and I end up getting to bed around midnight-01:30 depending. I can't sleep nearly as much as my body needs with my training intensity which sucks, so I end up tired as hell all day long. I sleep in on weekends though, I try to get in a solid 8 hours or so and a nap if possible. Usually doesn't happen though lol

On training days I’m up at 3 and non training days I’m up between 5-6. I go to bed most every night around 8.

I should also add that I take naps on my training days as well

I wake up when I feel like getting up, usually 8-10 am make coffee and then open laptop work for what ever I feel like eat breakfast and then hit gym anywhere from 11am - 2pm then come home have a shake a small meal and put in a few more hours or work.. always get 8-9 hours sleep..

Blessed that I work from home and work what ever hours I want as long as work is done.

5:30
eggs, oats
coffee
work
breakfast
work out about 10am
eat
work
home
eat
do the daily necessaries
sleep 11ish

430am everyday
work,gym,chores
put kids to bed at 830pm
follow suit around 9pm

Up anywhere between 4 and 6 depends on what time I finally go to bed can't sleep more than 5 hours straight for some reason. Breakfast, Gym, lunch, possibly the gym again depends on wat training schedule I'm doing, maybe a nap all dependent on wat my body is telling me to do, and then dinner, and in bed around 11 or 12. Work is squeezed in between the gym and eating a few hours on the laptop here and there as long as the tasks r done I'm free to roam love it and will never go back to a cubicle EVER!!

Wake up at 4 go to sleep at 8-9

Back