Any new questions : comments, etc ?

Pain is Pleasure
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts
    Rep Points

Let's give Mr Green some new questions!!!

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    939 Posts
    Rep Points

I seen what MMA fighters go through to make weight and I even seen a guy have a seizure during the process.

What do you guys do 24 hours before getting on stage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Rep Points

For me itís a week long process.

Lots of water beginning of weak , slowly cut back and drink sparingly Thursday, Friday day of weigh ins no drinking water except just to wet lips , 1/2 a diuretic like aldactone or dyazide around noon , another 1/2 diuretic after my post weigh in meal . Cardio stops for me on Wednesday so I can start filling out and loading the muscles back up with glycogen from carbs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

In a recomp...if you were only allow the same meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner what would it be? And, what would you supplement that with for in between meals?

Do you personally do fasted cardio?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Rep Points

Well you should have more than 3 meals and split them up 5-6 meals is better as eating smaller portions but more frequently aids the metabolism and fat burning.

I do prefer fasted cardio personally thatís what I do during prep.

As for if it were same meal over and over it would have to be something I like and can easily get down.

For me that would be something like a couple eggs, egg whites , maybe 1/2 an oz raw almonds.

Depending how lean I wanted to get and where I was currently at would dictate carbs or not , if carbs I like English muffins , or jasmine rice . During prep when goal is to get crazy cut I donít really have direct carbs other than one cheat meal a week. But if recomping you might be able to get away with a few just depends where your starting point is and how much fat you need to lose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Rep Points

If only on TRT and could only add one thing to help get lean what would be best option

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Rep Points

Lots of ways to go here , you just talking fat loss ?

Hgh if itís legit. 3-4 iu a day
    Clen / t3 for fat loss, Clen can start at 20mcg gradually work up to up too 100mcg split throughout day in 20mcg doses, t3 start at 25mg can work up to 75 mg

Anabolics arenít going to get you lean thatís all diet related but hgh and Clen/t3 will burn fat.

If wanting an anabolic for more definition maybe add some mast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Rep Points

Do you recommend a keto diet over all else for fat loss? A lot of you diet/fitness buffs seem to follow these. Iím also curious how you would transition from a keto diet to one that includes carbs and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Rep Points

The best diet is one you can stick to . For me yes I like the bodybuilding type keto very high protein , moderate healthy fats , no direct carbs other than one cheat meal per week . Why is it easier ? Well Iíve done both when I dieted with carbs and carb cycling I had varying blood sugar levels , more crashes where I would suddenly become seriously exhausted and had more cravings. My last prep I followed Dave Palumboís ketogenic diet and had far less cravings and came in more peeked. Iíve got Skip on a similar program and he has been progressing and cutting up like crazy , perhaps he can chime in . Of course he is very hungry right now but thatís because his metabolism is really revving right now , when it got to the point where he was very depleted and exhausted I had him have a cheat meal to restore some glycogen in the muscles , keep the body guessing , and help the mental aspect of getting through the diet after the one cheat itís back on the diet for another week or 2 before another cheat.

All in all Iím a fan of it if done right. It works for me and Iíve seen it work with clients

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    939 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreen376 View Post
    The best diet is one you can stick to . For me yes I like the bodybuilding type keto very high protein , moderate healthy fats , no direct carbs other than one cheat meal per week . Why is it easier ? Well Iíve done both when I dieted with carbs and carb cycling I had varying blood sugar levels , more crashes where I would suddenly become seriously exhausted and had more cravings. My last prep I followed Dave Palumboís ketogenic diet and had far less cravings and came in more peeked. Iíve got Skip on a similar program and he has been progressing and cutting up like crazy , perhaps he can chime in . Of course he is very hungry right now but thatís because his metabolism is really revving right now , when it got to the point where he was very depleted and exhausted I had him have a cheat meal to restore some glycogen in the muscles , keep the body guessing , and help the mental aspect of getting through the diet after the one cheat itís back on the diet for another week or 2 before another cheat.

All in all Iím a fan of it if done right. It works for me and Iíve seen it work with clients
    Hey boss!

This is the first time I have cut on a diet like this and has gone real well.

It was a little dicy in the beginning going hypo after first meal during the first few days but we fixed that after a short discussion.

I had good energy for 7 weeks then I just went flat one day and Mr. Green told me to have a cheat meal and I feel much better and energy came right back. Not sure how often we will add this refeed as this was our first time but we will gauge it going forward to decide.

As far as cutting I went from 20-22% body fat at the start and after four weeks ~15% body fat and not sure where I am after 8 weeks as of today.....maybe 12%

Goal is 8% body fat then starts the bulk.

That is when I expect pancakes for breakfast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks fellas. Yeah, it appeals to me for the reasons you just said. Iíd much rather stick to a structured plan than carb cycle and be moody 24/7. Seems like Dave Palumboís version is 60%P 30%F and 10%C.... is this something I could jump into or do you recommend gradually?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk