• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Ask Mr Green, Diet, Supplement, Training, Workouts, Gear

Get Shredded!
I vary exercise choice , when gaining mass I’ll do 6-8 rep range sometimes for about 8 weeks and then up to 10-12 range another 8 weeks.

As for legs I do a hamstring focused day early in week , and a quad focused day later in week.

One of 2 things ,
1. You may not be recovering enough from leg workouts. You can be overtraining and short circuiting your legs. Sometimes less training days but more intensity is better and allows for recovery.

I’d try spacing out the leg workouts more 4 days apart at least with one focused on hamstrings, glutes, calves. Other day quad focussed

Try that for 8-12 weeks and assess.

If not responding try doing just one massive leg day a week but only once a week to allow for more recovery.

Those would be my 2 recommendations, drop sets and stuff are good to shock the body maybe once every 3-4 weeks to make sure muscles constantly being shocked but I wouldn’t do it every time if trying to build legs and mass. I’d rather do heavier loads on your working sets 6-8 reps for mass and split your leg days further apart to allow for recovery.

And then after 8-12 weeks try just one leg day a week and see which you respond to better. Everyone is different but sometimes we don’t grow because we are overtraining or training similar muscle groups too close together.

As always make sure you have a solid nutrition plan for your goal whether that be to add mass or to cut.
Sounds good..I'll implement these suggestions..Thanx brother

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Good stuff guys. Keep the questions coming!!

I'll go again..this time a little nutrition question.... I shoot for 250-275 grams of protein per day... Most of my protein intake comes from beef,chicken,fish,and liquid egg whites, which I chug down..tastes like milk to me now.... I drink 50g of whey post workout...my question is what are your thoughts on whey? Do you use it and how much? It seems some guys supplement it alot more than others... Your thoughts please... Thanx

What I enjoyed 60mins after pwo whey shake... Tri tip, rice, carrots
f643aed97666f5cfee7f7e09b856ab48.jpg

You should strive for most of your meals from food sources. Your proteins listed are good sources. I like you have 50g whey iso post workout.

The only other time I have whey is with my liquid egg whites I drink down in the morning to mask the flavor. 1 scoop of whey there.

It’s a great tool if you can’t get all the food down or in a pinch time wise or something but real food is where the bulk of protein should come from which it sounds like yours is. Whey especially iso is absorbed and used up pretty quick in the body which is why it’s good to have food sources that take a little longer to breakdown and offer that constant protein trickle into the bloodstream

Hey mr green
i wanted to make a more focused hamstring day. What do you like to do for your ham day?

Best? The one you can stick to long term

The key to any diet is to be in a caloric deificit.

I personally like the bodybuilding keto diet high protein moderate healthy fats low carbs , no direct source of carbs , I would then incorporate a refeed/ Cheat meal once a week as the last meal of the day. This helped restore glycogen and gave me something to look forward to each week.

Without the swing in blood sugar levels I didn’t have as many cravings and was able to utilize ketosis to ensure I was burning fat.

Carb cycling can also work, many ways to skin this cat but the key is something you can sustain , stick to , and ensure calories input is less than calorie output ie being in a caloric deficit.

I’ve been looking at this kind of diet for a while. I think I’ll start now. Do you only eat organic and grass fed? This is what they’re saying for keto. Ty

IML Gear Cream!
Hamstring focused days ,
I like hamstring curls laying down to warm them up, then Roman deadlifts , then seated hamstring curls, then leg press legs high up on the platform.

As for the question about diet, doesn’t have to be organic or grass fed . Not going to make your progress any better or worse healthier yes if you have the extra income to blow and you want organic but not a necessity.

Ok mrgreen, what is your opinion on stacking tren and deca? I understand that with them both being 19nors that it greatly increases the risk for prolactin gyno, but if proper precautions were taken and an individual reacts great to both separately, wouldn’t this be a hell of a stack? With a test base, of course.

What’s the goal to bulk or cut ?

Watch prolactin induces gyno.

If bulking it could work but I’d rather just do deca and eq and test for bulk and save tren for cuts. But it can certainly be done. Just watch the dosages don’t want them higher than your test.

For bulks another good one is test, deca, anadrol/or d-bol that’s a tried and true stack

What’s the goal to bulk or cut ?

Watch prolactin induces gyno.

If bulking it could work but I’d rather just do deca and eq and test for bulk and save tren for cuts. But it can certainly be done. Just watch the dosages don’t want them higher than your test.

For bulks another good one is test, deca, anadrol/or d-bol that’s a tried and true stack
I’ve never used eq before. What are the benefits of adding to a test Deca stack. Also, what ratio test Deca eq and how long?

Eq is more long term gains as opposed to some of the water weight bloat from deca. I like it on a bulk as it also increases hunger and when bulking you got to eat and have the nutrients or you aren’t going to be successful in adding quality keepable mass. I also like it because it’s a test derivative and not another 19 nor.

I think something like 6-900 test a week
400 deca a week
5-600 eq a week

That would be a nice lil cycle right there...if you can't grow on that..something is very wrong

NO doubt...just stay on top of your bloodwork(RBC and Hematocrit)

That would be a nice lil cycle right there...if you can't grow on that..something is very wrong

Very good info. I’ve done multiple test deca dbol cycles, was looking for something else to throw in there. Looks like eq may be the answer!

EQ is great.....jacks my Hematocrit like crazy though.

Very good info. I’ve done multiple test deca dbol cycles, was looking for something else to throw in there. Looks like eq may be the answer!

What does your training split look like during a bulk and what does it look like during a cut? Days per week, muscle groups per day, number of exercises per muscle group, number of sets/reps?

3 Days on followed by a rest day
Back/ traps/ rear delts
Chest side delts
Quad focused leg day
Off
Arms
Shoulders
Then back to top
3-4 exercises per body part, 4 sets per exercise

Mr Green,

What do you think about doing an extra set to bring up a lagging body part on your non-dominant side? For example, someone who is right handed and their right bicep is bigger than their left bicep?

Occasionally I will do this but not always as you don’t want to throw off the balance even though you are trying to make up for it so it’s a good technique but don’t use each exercise and each workout maybe every other.

Personally I also like to a.of course really focus on the contraction and make sure the intended muscle is doing all the work and b. Squeeze out a few extra reps with that weaker side after failure maybe take a 5 second pause then continue to failure a couple times.

Good info. Thanks 💪

Occasionally I will do this but not always as you don’t want to throw off the balance even though you are trying to make up for it so it’s a good technique but don’t use each exercise and each workout maybe every other.

Personally I also like to a.of course really focus on the contraction and make sure the intended muscle is doing all the work and b. Squeeze out a few extra reps with that weaker side after failure maybe take a 5 second pause then continue to failure a couple times.

- - - Updated - - -

Good info. Thanks 💪

Mr. Green.... A strength question for ya... I've hit a wall on my flat bench press.. I've been stuck at 335x3/4 and 355x1 for nearly the past 6 weeks..I train chest/tris once every 6 days.. hook a brother up with some tips to get these numbers going back up... Currently coming to the last few weeks of blast of 450mg/NPP with 500mg/test e per week...thnx big guy

How is your diet have you tried increasing carbs and protein a bit ?

When are you training shoulders in the week? With bench movements obviously three biggest components for the lift are chest/ triceps/ shoulders. Increase strength in triceps and shoulders and bench should also go up. Body may be stressed maybe do an upload week with higher rep range but still good weight maybe in the 10-12 rep range per set add in an extra 50 grams of carbs per meal and then the following week keep trying to progressively overload. I train in the 8-10 rep range most of the time with occasional mass phases in the 6-7 rep range. Once I get the weight for my rep range , next week I either squeeze out another couple reps or increase weight barely. Try the diet, make sure getting adequate sleep and recovery, and make sure the ancillary muscles like triceps and shoulders are recovered but also getting progressive work. Your body may be tired of near end of your blast.

I know for crazy strength gains you could pop a halodrol or anadrol but those can be harsh and liver toxic so I wouldn’t run those past 3-4 weeks

Back