• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Planet Fitness Removes Squat Racks For Being 'Intimidating'

Arnold

🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Planet Fitness Removes Squat Racks For Being 'Intimidating'

Out of all the gym/fitness centers out there in the world; Planet Fitness franchises are quickly becoming a joke. One being that they offer free pizzas and bagels and now another being that they are removing squat racks because its too “intimidating”. Yesterday a redditor posted that his local Planet Fitness removed the gyms squat rack due to it being to “intimidating”.

So, I go to the “anti-gym” that is Planet Fitness. It’s cheap, and all I can afford at the moment. However, my PF wasn’t all that bad. It had squat rack, plenty of benches and dumbells, and I was able to do my workouts without hindrance. Until today.

I walked in (luckily not on leg day) noticing the outline of dust on the floor where the squat rack once stood. I was heartbroken. Especially since I had just recently found a love for squatting (was always afraid due to my knee condition). I of course had to ask an employee “WTF?” He regretfully told me that a few days prior corporate came in and removed it because “a customer complained that it was intimidating”…

Again, what the fuck.

So, me and my friend (extremely pissed) decided to come to Reddit to see if we can’t do something funny to PF for this horrible act. we came up with the idea to get a bunch of people to email corporate PF and speak our minds about how “intimidating” their circuit training section is, and that we’d feel better working out there if it were removed. I can only imagine if a few thousand emails got sent in about this. They’d be dumbfounded.

In the meantime, my friend and I are trying to figure out if we can swing paying to go to LA Fitness. Hopefully we’ll be able to get out of the anti-gym for good. I honestly am embarrassed that I go there, but as I said it’s been my only option financially.

Sorry for the vent/pointless post. Hopefully some of you will back us up on emailing corporate. It would be greatly appreciated.

Source: http://gymflow100.com/planet-fitness-removes-squat-racks-for-being-intimidating/

Wow that’s simply bullshit. Pretty sad that it’s come to that

In my home state, Planet Fitness has NOT had squat racks for the past several years now. I worked out in one of their locations twice, and then never went back. They seem to be more like cross training fem gyms.

One of the 3 Planet Fitness clubs nearest me has a squat rack but I have not been to that location in a while. While I have a PF membership at a club right down the street from my home, I also have a membership at a big gym across town and go there for my heavy days.

Yes Planet Fitness is a joke lol.

This all because of the millennial or snowflake generation.

Just being around someone strong or competitive is intimidating now........not inspirational.

Say what you want but I bet this Planet Fitness will run circles around 24 hour fitness, Gold's Gym or LA fitness in just a matter of a decade or so with this type of business plan.

I'm intimidated by the hordes of moms in the spin classes. Can we get rid of those?

Just being around someone strong or competitive is intimidating now........not inspirational.

Say what you want but I bet this Planet Fitness will run circles around 24 hour fitness, Gold's Gym or LA fitness in just a matter of a decade or so with this type of business plan.

It's pretty sad what the world is coming to, and I agree with you about PF. It has always been my dream to open my own gym, but there's no way I'd survive with my mentality. It's the kindler, gentler gym that the masses want nowadays. Sad...

I went to a PF gym in Witchita Kansas a couple years ago. I’m not a big guy but I’ve got some size. The manager offered me a really good deal since I was only gonna be there 2 weeks. Anyway, they told me not grunting, dropping of weights and wipe down every piece of equipment after each use. I was like, ok, it’s just for 2 weeks. Then I asked where the deads platform was. Holy shit the look in his face was like, OMG! That is forbidden. I just telling myself, it’s just 2 weeks. And the hotel’s shuttle stopped just past that “gym” so I didn’t have to rent a car. I’ll never go back. The assholes and prudes just ruined it for me. Even for a backup “gym”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly most gyms are going to this slowly but surely. They opened up a 24hrs gym in my home town it ended up closing down the hard core gym. We moved a few years back we have 2 gyms in this town I've been a member at one for 3 years. It's slowly but surely going to spin classes or cross fitters who use the equipment in a way it's not supposed to be used. But the next town over has a hard core gym 30min away. Or a pf 15min away lol almost thinking of going back old school. My own benches in my garage

granabolic.is granabolic@protonmail.com

IML Gear Cream!
My Planet Fitness has two squat racks. Three if you count the assisted smith one. It's mostly women who use it. The guys mostly just hang out at the free weight section. But we also have free weight dumbbells that go up to 80lbs which I understand is very unusual for a PF. We have piles of cable machines, and pretty much every type of weight machine LifeFitness makes. It's not good enough for my primary gym, but I keep a black pass for travel, plus my GF likes their classes and thinks it smells better than my real gym.

So PF absolutely can be decent. They really don't care. They'll do whatever they think makes them the most money. Absolutely complain. If one complaint gets it removed, a few more will bring it back. I doubt it's even been moved off site yet.

The same company that doesn't allow gallon jugs of water because they are "intimidating". Sure, you look like a wanker carrying around a big plastic jug, but "intimidating"?

I find purple everything to be intimidating.

I need to see if they would sale for cheap since they don’t need it. They probably turned it into a coat rack

They don’t want ppl that work out to go there. Are they still in business?

I think the hot girls are intimidating when they have clothes on, they need to ban clothing on all the sexy women, then I'll get a membership.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

The PF by my house puts candy out on their counter and has a pizza night. PF makes their money off of people who buy memberships but never go. I never judge anybody trying to get in good health/ shape but PF is a joke.

Tome let them have their platform of what they want. I personally as i get older im 45 . Get tired of the juice heads carrying around their gym bag their gallon of water in their tank top showing off all their deep meaning tattoo's/ Grunting giving everyone hard looks. And some days i get tired of them dropping the weights at my gym lol. Also if your that hardcore go too a real bodybuilding gym. I just never understand the bodybuilders who go in their. 60 pound dumbbells and no barbells and by me they have no squat rack. Would be a sign not too bother to go in.

I know what you mean about the grunting.

I ran a marathon once and all the people around me were huffing and puffing and breathing so loudly. It was soooo annoying.
Not to mention every few miles runners kept throwing little cups of water in their faces and then LITTERING!

I went there sometime ago when I would be out of my normal area. And they only had smith machines. That place judges hard more then any hardcore gym I’ve been too it’s a huge fucking joke.

It's pretty sad what the world is coming to, and I agree with you about PF. It has always been my dream to open my own gym, but there's no way I'd survive with my mentality. It's the kindler, gentler gym that the masses want nowadays. Sad...
There was a metro flex gym that opened up locally a couple years back.

Heavy iron, death metal, free weights everywhere, custom made machines people put together in their garage.

They lasted 6 months.

My personal gym would be much the same, plus ac and heater, and I know it would die too.

Get Shredded!

You think? IDK...I have hope there are still enough ppl out there who want to train hard. And not hardly train. lol.

But I agree, it is geared towards fem pussy boyz who see themselves as "equals" to women, even in the gym setting.

lol, that is freaking nuts, squat racks are essential!! I'll send them an e-mail.

They don’t want ppl that work out to go there. Are they still in business?

Heck yes they are, here is a snippet out of an article on line:

That's probably not surprising when you consider that Planet Fitness recently hit 5 million members and is now the fastest-growing gym chain in the U.S., according to co-founder and chief executive Chris Rondeau.

Like I said previously, this is a trend and it is kicking LA fitness, 24 Hour and Gold Gyms asses.

The pizza and doughtnuts on friday is way more intimidating

They are racking in the money from people who join and never go and just pay monthly to have that keychain that gym is terrible I’ve always stuck to small franchise but where I moved recently the only option I had was 24 hour but I think I rather give up training period before I go to planet fitness or youfit lol

100% is just a marketing tool my man, I don’t think emailing would do much, their whole business model is to cater to out of shape people.

Yea, PF is pussy. One in around my area didn’t even have a bench press rack. Had to pull the bench under the smith machine which I’m not knocking completely but your not working your stabilizer muscles which you all know. Comes down to, a gym without a bench press is weak as hell. Never went back.

Yea, PF is pussy. One in around my area didn’t even have a bench press rack. Had to pull the bench under the smith machine which I’m not knocking completely but your not working your stabilizer muscles which you all know. Comes down to, a gym without a bench press is weak as hell. Never went back.

I do my heavy lifting at a larger gym across town and on my light training days I'd go to the PF right down the street from my home. This one is not too shabby for a PF as while it does have those little smith machines for benching it does have various Hammer Strength machines that are quite usable. The db's go to 75lbs and there are some ez curl bars.

There is a Pf by me that has everything a real gym has.

Back