• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Female anavar log

chickla

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
First steroid experience. Just started my cycle of 10mg anavar/day (split morning and night) and 20mg clen each morning (2 weeks on/off). 25.y.o., I've been lifting for about a year and half. Got a lot of newbie gains of course but am having a hard time shedding fat/gaining muscle so I've come here.

Current stats:
5'7"
150.6 lbs
25.4% BF

Planned split throughout cycle (weights to go up each week)

Lower 1:
Leg press 4 x 10 (270)
Hip thrusts 5 x 10 with 5 second hold on last ep (165)
Sumo RDL or T-bar RDL 5 x 8 (95)
Squats 4 x 10 (135)
Bulgarian split squats 4 x 12 each side (25)

Shouders and triceps:
Front raise 4 x 15 each side (12.5)
Lateral raise 4 x 15 each side (12.5)
Upright raise 4 x 12 (40)
Cable face pull backs 4 x 15 (42.5)
Cabl tricep pull down 4 x 15 (22.5)
Shoulder press 4 x 12 (17.5 dumbbells)
Cable rear delt cross overs 4 x 15 (15)

Lower 2:
Glute pressdown 4 x 12 each side (100)
Hip thrusts 5 x 10 (165)
Back extensions 3 x 20 (25)
Hamstring curls 4 x 12 (50)
Leg extensions 4 x 12 (90)

Back and biceps:
Bent over row 4 x 15 (45)
Reverse flies 4 x 15 (12.5)
Assisted pull-ups 4 x 12 (80)
T-bar row 4 x 15 (bar? +30)
Seated cable row 4 x 12 (75)
Lateral pull down 4 x 12 (75)
Cable face pullbacks 4 x 15 (42.5)

This was yesterday (first training for first day on cycle)
Squat 4 x 10 (155)
Leg press 4 x 10 (bar? +320)
Hip thrusts 5 x 10 with 5 second hold on last rep (205)
Bulgarian split squats 4 x 12 (25 lb)
Sumo RDL 5 x 8 (115)

I have absolutely terrible knees and hip/ankle mobility so getting to a 5 x 5 method AND hitting depth/proper form is still quite a challenge for me. I deal with "butt wink" if I go below parallel. My goal is to up weights and lower reps gradually.

Any tips, feedback, input is appreciated. I'll post before pictures within the next couple days. Cheers!

First steroid experience. Just started my cycle of 10mg anavar/day (split morning and night) and 20mg clen each morning (2 weeks on/off). 25.y.o., I've been lifting for about a year and half. Got a lot of newbie gains of course but am having a hard time shedding fat/gaining muscle so I've come here.

Current stats:
5'7"
150.6 lbs
25.4% BF

Lower 1:
Leg press 4 x 10 (270)
Squats 4 x 10 (135)

Shouders and triceps:

Lower 2:
Hip thrusts 5 x 10 (165)

Back and biceps:

Squat 4 x 10 (155)
Sumo RDL 5 x 8 (115)

I have absolutely terrible knees and hip/ankle mobility so getting to a 5 x 5 method AND hitting depth/proper form is still quite a challenge for me. I deal with "butt wink" if I go below parallel. My goal is to up weights and lower reps gradually.

Any tips, feedback, input is appreciated. I'll post before pictures within the next couple days. Cheers!
Subbed! I never go below parallel. I also have a bad knee along with bad ankle mobility. I use a wider stance which has really helped me alot. I incorporate hack squats too. This helps focus on my quads a little more since my squat stance incorporates more glutes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gotta see what your diet looks like

I'm not counting macros/calories currently as I've had issues with getting too obsessive about this in the past and consequently binging etc... If I feel I'm not making progress I may try to count again. For now I'm just eating less, watching my carbs, and especially fats. Always try to get enough protein.

Meal 1: Coffee with 2tbsp fat free half and half, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup eggwhites, 1/2 bagel, 1 tsp butter, 1 tbsp sugar free ketchup
Meal 2: Pancake of 1/2 mashed banana, 1/4 cup eggwhites, 1 serving plant-based protein powder with sugar free maple syrup
Meal 3: Sandwich of 2 slices 100cal bread, hefty serving of turkey or ham, spicy mustard, maybe 1 slice of swiss
Meal 4: 300g 0% fat plain Greek yogurt with splenda and frozen berries
Meal 5: Changes every week, always consists of meat/veg/starch. This week it's turkey chili (extra lean turkey, beans, crushed tomatoes, veg, spices).

For a snack sometimes I'll have shrimp cocktail just to get in some extra protein.

I usually have about 5 drinks every weekend, trying to lower this.

That's a lot of volume. How long are your workouts and how often.

When was the last time you tinkered with diet?

That's a lot of volume. How long are your workouts and how often.

When was the last time you tinkered with diet?

I perform them each once a week for a 4 day split, usually in that order. Upper days are usually an hour, lower around 1.5 hours (this includes rests, setting up equipment, etc.). You think it's too much? I guess I've just been frustrated with my lack of progress.

Prior to my current diet, I was in a surplus. Now that I'm var I figure I can get away with eating less while still hopefully building muscle and shedding fat.
Prior to the surplus I was at about 1800 calories from a IIFYM blueprint but was convinced/afraid that this was hindering my gains.

sorry but that is not a cutting diet. not even close

you are not setting up your macros properly and here is a few quick points

1.bagel
2.egg yokes ( you need good fats, but mono/poly not sat)
3.dump the plant protein get a good iso whey
4.sandwiches aren't a diet food period. thats 2 types of bread you have.
5.lunch meats are for emergency not daily
6.cheese
7.yogurts aren't a diet food (thats a marketing ploy that has worked beautifully for the manufactures)
8.beans are loaded with calories, no no

I think I'm combining the upper and lower into one session.

1 hr is a good limit. How long are your rest times for upper and lower?

Make sure you hydrate and supplement potassium and magnesium with clen. There's another young lady logging clean here. You may want to check out her log in the female section.

1.bagel
6.cheese
7.yogurts aren't a diet food (thats a marketing ploy that has worked beautifully for the manufactures)

Respectfully I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing unless I see no progress... I'm not going starve myself or cut out major food groups only to put the weight back on once the cut is over. I appreciate your input but I'm just not mentally prepared to do a drastic cut. I also had issues in the past where I cut out too much fat and didn't have a menstrual cycle, so I'm not going lower on fats. I usually never go over 45-50g anyways.

1.bagel
6.cheese

I will say I usually avoid lunch meats and instead stick with chicken breast or ground turkey with veg and brown rice.

IML Gear Cream!
I think I'm combining the upper and lower into one session.

1 hr is a good limit. How long are your rest times for upper and lower?

Make sure you hydrate and supplement potassium and magnesium with clen. There's another young lady logging clean here. You may want to check out her log in the female section.

If I'm in the 8 rep range it's usually 2 minutes rest, 12 rep range then a minute. I drink a lot of water (about a gallon a day) but will definitely look into supplementing potassium and magnesium.

Agree with pinning. Also if you want results its Gonna be really hard without tracking. I have an ED and i manage to do it. You have to know whats going in your body. If you struggle with binging i would recommend a refeed day once a month to start . It helps stay on track and have something to look forward to. I usually stick to healthier options so i get that super full feeling and get my binging behavior relieved. Are you carb cycling? My favoirte thing with this is that i can get a variety of foods different days.

Respectfully I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing unless I see no progress... I'm not going starve myself or cut out major food groups only to put the weight back on once the cut is over. I appreciate your input but I'm just not mentally prepared to do a drastic cut. I also had issues in the past where I cut out too much fat and didn't have a menstrual cycle, so I'm not going lower on fats. I usually never go over 45-50g anyways.
Once a cut is over you have to reverse diet so you dont put the weight back on. Also you are most likely gonna lose your period due to the var. It will return once you come off though.

Agree with pinning. Also if you want results its Gonna be really hard without tracking. I have an ED and i manage to do it. You have to know whats going in your body. If you struggle with binging i would recommend a refeed day once a month to start . It helps stay on track and have something to look forward to. I usually stick to healthier options so i get that super full feeling and get my binging behavior relieved. Are you carb cycling? My favoirte thing with this is that i can get a variety of foods different days.

I've never carb cycled but am familiar with it. Would I be replacing carbs with fats or protein to reach the same calorie goal if I were to do this?

I've never carb cycled but am familiar with it. Would I be replacing carbs with fats or protein to reach the same calorie goal if I were to do this?
You can do that. I do this when i am doing a recomp. I will lower my fats and even proteins if needed on highest carb days and then on low carb days i will up my fat some and protein if needed. This all depends on my calories at the time. During a cut i do not. So on a cut i guess its kinda a calorie cycle too haha.

Now that I think of it -- in terms of diet I'm wondering if this is the proper approach to an anavar cycle as a female? My idea was a body recomp... Or should I do a cycle with maintenance calories and then a cycle cutting?

Now that I think of it -- in terms of diet I'm wondering if this is the proper approach to an anavar cycle as a female? My idea was a body recomp... Or should I do a cycle with maintenance calories and then a cycle cutting?
If you want to lose fat too you have to go below maintenance. I can't say 100% what you should do. I am guessing i train different and i also weigh out everything on my food scale haha. But generally for my recomp i go about 400 calories below maintenance but gradually. I only do hiit sessions during a recomp also between 1 to 2. You can look at my first log for ideas if you would like. http://www.anabolicsteroidforums.com/showthread.php?t=74070

Even without tracking I can say for certain I'm below maintenance (maintenance for me is 2,385), I've been going to bed pretty hungry haha.

I think I may start tracking next week only to have baseline to reverse diet off of once this is over, I don't want this to be a waste where I lose all my progress...I recall you recommending 100 calories below maintenance for my first month. What is the significance of going below maintenance gradually?

Yesterday's work out (shoulders and triceps):
Cable rear delt cross overs 4 x 15 (9.5 ES)
Tricep rope pull downs 4 x 15 (27.5)
Rope face pulls 4 x 10 (52.5)
Lateral raise 4 x 12-15 (15 ES)
Front raise 4 x 12 (15 ES)
Upright raise 4 x 12-15 (20 ES)
Shoulder press 5 x 10 (22.5 ES)

I'm apprehensive to do lower rep/higher weight stuff on my shoulders/triceps day because with higher weights I tend to engage my traps and pecs, and personally that's not the look I want. I try to find a balance between challenging myself but only using the muscles intended (for the most part).

Even without tracking I can say for certain I'm below maintenance (maintenance for me is 2,385), I've been going to bed pretty hungry haha.

I think I may start tracking next week only to have baseline to reverse diet off of once this is over, I don't want this to be a waste where I lose all my progress...I recall you recommending 100 calories below maintenance for my first month. What is the significance of going below maintenance gradually?

Yesterday's work out (shoulders and triceps):
Cable rear delt cross overs 4 x 15 (9.5 ES)
Tricep rope pull downs 4 x 15 (27.5)
Rope face pulls 4 x 10 (52.5)
Lateral raise 4 x 12-15 (15 ES)
Front raise 4 x 12 (15 ES)
Upright raise 4 x 12-15 (20 ES)
Shoulder press 5 x 10 (22.5 ES)

I'm apprehensive to do lower rep/higher weight stuff on my shoulders/triceps day because with higher weights I tend to engage my traps and pecs, and personally that's not the look I want. I try to find a balance between challenging myself but only using the muscles intended (for the most part).

Welcome to the forums Chickla. As someone who has run Var quite a bit I just wanted to share what have been some of my experience with it. I LOVE the stuff and am just about your size (although twice your age LOL) It is an awesome compound for putting on muscle, and its good for helping hold onto it if your eating at a deficit. I personally have found it difficult to cut on ( I have a terrible carb addiction) and believe if you keep your diet similar to what you posted your going to see the scale going UP. Mind you, some of that will be muscle weight and EVERYONE reacts differently, but I would definitely keep an eye on that and adjust accordingly. Gymprincess has done great at cutting while running it but she also seems to be pretty meticulous with tracking her food. And you may be doing this already but I ALWAYS run some sort of liver support when taking orals like Var since they are tough on it. But its kept my liver blood work perfect.

I also think its wise to be VERY careful on a forum such as this as to whos advice you might take. And being careful of someone new with not that many posts or time here isn't a bad idea, BUT....... on rare occasions long time members will set up a new profile and start a new account ;) There are a few men who post on here who's advice I always listen to because they know what they are talking about and have some experience training females. Personally, if pinning were advising me on diet, Id pick his brain dry even though Im pretty sure I wouldn't want to hear what he would tell me :winkfinger: he knows his stuff.

I would just pay very close attention to how YOUR body reacts to certain foods, macros and workouts. It will be invaluable the next time you run it :)

Get Shredded!

Current stats:
5'7"
150.6 lbs
25.4% BF

Lower 1:
Leg press 4 x 10 (270)
Squats 4 x 10 (135)

Shouders and triceps:

Lower 2:
Hip thrusts 5 x 10 (165)

Back and biceps:

Squat 4 x 10 (155)
Sumo RDL 5 x 8 (115)

Subbed. Welcome
Same for me as GP stated,
I rarely go parallel for really most things due to my fucked up shit.
I use bands sometimes for a better pump but ultimately what I found helped me most this cycle (also my first) was a combo of “half repping” & normal repping and also a combo of slow burst / fast. I look absolutely retarded sometimes but you get this immediate intense pump.

I know this is sorta a novice link and nothing to do with the knees but it’s applicable:)
Hope this helps :) it made my booty gains ridiculous! Excited to see your pics.
https://youtu.be/wfs0wek9-FI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also think its wise to be VERY careful on a forum such as this as to whos advice you might take. And being careful of someone new with not that many posts or time here isn't a bad idea, BUT....... on rare occasions long time members will set up a new profile and start a new account ;) There are a few men who post on here who's advice I always listen to because they know what they are talking about and have some experience training females. Personally, if pinning were advising me on diet, Id pick his brain dry even though Im pretty sure I wouldn't want to hear what he would tell me :winkfinger: he knows his stuff.

Thanks hun, I try to help. Especially with women as they will get a lot of bad advise. All I can do is offer some tips. Just to elaborate on the diet. Here is what I have my wife cut on. It equals right at 2000 calories a day for the first 2 weeks then taking off little bits over time during the duration of the cut. Notice the Macros are balanced thru the meals with carbs being cut out at night.

2dkbe9w.jpg

Thanks hun, I try to help. Especially with women as they will get a lot of bad advise. All I can do is offer some tips. Just to elaborate on the diet. Here is what I have my wife cut on. It equals right at 2000 calories a day for the first 2 weeks then taking off little bits over time during the duration of the cut. Notice the Macros are balanced thru the meals with carbs being cut out at night.

Thanks for the great example! It can be hard to gauge what an appropriate cut diet looks like for an athletic woman when most of the examples you see are either huge dudes or the kind of women’s magazine fad diet crap.

Pictures

Ugh did not at all want to post these especially after the holidays/trashing my diet. On the bright side it's MAJOR motivation..

IMG_0485.jpgIMG_0486-1.jpg

Welcome to the forums Chickla. As someone who has run Var quite a bit I just wanted to share what have been some of my experience with it. I LOVE the stuff and am just about your size (although twice your age LOL) It is an awesome compound for putting on muscle, and its good for helping hold onto it if your eating at a deficit. I personally have found it difficult to cut on ( I have a terrible carb addiction) and believe if you keep your diet similar to what you posted your going to see the scale going UP. Mind you, some of that will be muscle weight and EVERYONE reacts differently, but I would definitely keep an eye on that and adjust accordingly. Gymprincess has done great at cutting while running it but she also seems to be pretty meticulous with tracking her food. And you may be doing this already but I ALWAYS run some sort of liver support when taking orals like Var since they are tough on it. But its kept my liver blood work perfect.

I would just pay very close attention to how YOUR body reacts to certain foods, macros and workouts. It will be invaluable the next time you run it :)

Glad to hear you have nothing but good experiences with it. What liver support do you recommend?

As I said before, given the number of you guys pushing for more caution with diet, I think I'll start tracking next week. Gotta bite the bullet.

Subbed. Welcome
Same for me as GP stated,
I rarely go parallel for really most things due to my fucked up shit.
I use bands sometimes for a better pump but ultimately what I found helped me most this cycle (also my first) was a combo of “half repping” & normal repping and also a combo of slow burst / fast. I look absolutely retarded sometimes but you get this immediate intense pump.

I know this is sorta a novice link and nothing to do with the knees but it’s applicable:)
Hope this helps :) it made my booty gains ridiculous! Excited to see your pics.
https://youtu.be/wfs0wek9-FI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!!!

Thanks Hugh!!!!!
Does she deviate from this much ? cals and carbs the same through the week ?

2dkbe9w.jpg

Thanks for the great example! It can be hard to gauge what an appropriate cut diet looks like for an athletic woman when most of the examples you see are either huge dudes or the kind of women’s magazine fad diet crap.
Hit that right on the nose :winkfinger:

Glad to hear you have nothing but good experiences with it. What liver support do you recommend?

As I said before, given the number of you guys pushing for more caution with diet, I think I'll start tracking next week. Gotta bite the bullet.

There have been so many debates on here about the right liver sup, there are a few Milk Thistle, Dandelion, NAC & TUDCA. As a young healthy woman on her first cycle anything you chose would probably be ok.

And truly, we all want for you to succeed. Its frustrating to put a lot of time energy and money into doing this and not having it go the way you want ;) We've all been there

Subbed

Back