• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Setting up a power rack in a condo with wood floors?

Hard Puff

EL PUFFO
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Has anyone here set up a power rack on nice wood floors in a condo? I’m looking into getting one but not sure of the best setup since I can’t bolt to the floor or walls. I want a full rack, and ceiling height is not a limiting factor.

Get some of those interlocking gym floor pads. The puzzle piece looking things.

Yeah, I was thinking those would be helpful, but most of the full racks seem to need to be bolted down, so I dunno how stable they’d be if not bolted. Wouldn’t the pads introduce even more wobble potential?

Yeah, I was thinking those would be helpful, but most of the full racks seem to need to be bolted down, so I dunno how stable they’d be if not bolted. Wouldn’t the pads introduce even more wobble potential?
They should stabilize it for the most part ...and also do they sell racks that have the legs connected by metal rails or the ones that have welded metal pieces connecting at the bottom. My gym has them.(hope I explained that right)I would think that would eliminate wobble all together along e the mats.

Ironlion@keemail.me

If the floor can support the heavy weight of the rack itself as well as the weights you squat or bench with then that is good. I have a 2nd floor condo with wood floors as well and was curious about this as well. Just be careful not to make noise.

Forget deadlifts unless doing block pulls.

If the floor can support the heavy weight of the rack itself as well as the weights you squat or bench with then that is good. I have a 2nd floor condo with wood floors as well and was curious about this as well. Just be careful not to make noise.

Forget deadlifts unless doing block pulls.

The place is a converted factory, so I’m reasonably sure the floors can take the weight. Luckily the room I want to put it in is over the parking garage, so I only need to worry about the neighbours next door and upstairs - as long as I’m not totally stupid about noise it should be fine to use during the day. Deadlifts would be out, yeah. I’d be way too worried about dropping the bar and fucking up the floors.

Back