• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Skinny's Worthless Workouts

Skinny, you tried anything new in the air fryer lately?

Hahah yes... macaroni and cheese balls.. so dam good it’s stupid... just the ones they sell at sams club. And terrible for you.

But I’m still using it to roast my veggies. Going to do some broccoli in a bit with a steak for din.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Them damn mac and cheese balls are the devil. I can eat dozens of those damn things. Bet they good in that fryer for sure.

Asparagus. Have you done asparagus? I always over cook it or under cook it, always pisses me off. I'm thinking in the air fryer it would be pretty fail proof.

Nice. Them damn mac and cheese balls are the devil. I can eat dozens of those damn things. Bet they good in that fryer for sure.

Asparagus. Have you done asparagus? I always over cook it or under cook it, always pisses me off. I'm thinking in the air fryer it would be pretty fail proof.

Yes but dont use it on really thin asparagus.. it over cooks to fast.

Well ate like garbage this weekend but with my schedule It was expected.. sat swim meet early in the am, then went to a volley ball tourny then went home and started cooking for a party I threw for my moms bday.. So I need to prep some food tonight. I did not have time yesterday even though literally all i did was cook yesterday. Got up at 2am to take my oldest to the airport for a class trip to catalina this morning... Didn't have time to sit down once this weekend.... Nothing like starting a week completely worn out...

No gym tonight as I will be at gymnastics right after swim practice.:jerkit:

Chest
Hs press 6 sets.. warmed up then added 2 plates each side. And did some working sets. I focused on the keeping pecs engaged and did not fully extend. Then I did some one rep pause one rep sets lowering weight as I failed.

Did the same thing on HS incline

Went to to other press movement machines

Shoulder press machine

Vbar push down

Fly machine

Triceps machine

Close grip bench

15 mins bike

Well I had issues getting the equipment I wanted and ended up all over the place today. I wanted to start at the smith doing incline then move to the hs machines... that didn’t happen...had to wait forever to get the fly machine after trying to use it twice... nothing like watching endless sets of 10 lb reverse flys.

Cardio went well. Took the boot off and it was sore by the end but that was expected.

Sounds wonderful actually. No moar gearz for me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Really? I thought you were TRT? Im not really blasting I was just kidding. I am just doing my one jab a week.. no need for more unless I can invest more time and get a more definitive goal.

Get Shredded!
Had some left over In my box so I decided to pop one of these for some extra pump to go with my mr,Hyde today.

ecb6ccbbb323ad1c21defb2ce68876ea.jpg

Dinner was air fried asparagus and steak

01f29b4d0db2cdab57ef2769cf956148.jpg

back day yesterday
Bent over BBrows
bar warm up
135*20
185*10
202*10 two sets

started doing "rest pause" drop sets
205*3*2*2*1
185*3*2*2
135*6*4*3*2

Wide grip cable pull downs
135*10
165*10
185*6 two sets
135*8

supported row 5 sets focus on the squeeze

single arm lat pull down
ss
Seated curls

Seated cable row- pulling low- 5 sets

15 mins cardio on the bike- will up this to 20 then again to 30

There's that asparagus! Looks good for sure.

Steak was air fried also?

No I am a stickler for my meat being cooked right. That Filet just has some salt and pepper then seared on a skillet and finished in the oven.(medium rare)

No more trt for now. Just giving everything a break.
Really? I thought you were TRT? Im not really blasting I was just kidding. I am just doing my one jab a week.. no need for more unless I can invest more time and get a more definitive goal.

619996b050c7d0e446c3fcb77fbb844c.jpg

Chicken thighs are for lunch this week... 6 pounds of em.

Also cooked some prawns 🦐 with lime juice... I’m gonna make it into ceviche tonight..

029ca90ac80de7685a77f5324d941a96.jpg

Did a quick leg sess... just leg extensions and leg curls yesterday. Still can’t do any pressing movements.

Did you hurt your lower back?
Also cooked some prawns 🦐 with lime juice... I’m gonna make it into ceviche tonight..

029ca90ac80de7685a77f5324d941a96.jpg

Did a quick leg sess... just leg extensions and leg curls yesterday. Still can’t do any pressing movements.

IML Gear Cream!
Did you hurt your lower back?

No I have a mid foot sprain. I got it snow boarding at the end of april.. I was flying on some good powder then hit a patch of ice and lost my edge... when it grabbed again I went flying. My foot actually busted out of the binding... I think my previous injuries led to this one. Had my foot had any flexibility I probably could have just kept riding that day. But as it stands I’m still struggling to get my shoe on.

Been sick all week havent made it to the gym

man I need a break form being injured and sick! I just want to go to the gym and feel good WTF

Ok feeling better... I still have a cough and sinus's are still trying to clear out but other than Im not sick anymore. Im still dealing with the mid foot sprain and have legs tonight. I plan to give the leg press a shot and will do leg curls and extensions.

I was looking at some pic from last summer and I have some work to do if I want to look better this summer than last.

Arms
DB over head tri extension
couple warm up sets and 3 working 100 by 12 for the last set

standing curl
70 lb flat bar three sets of 10-8 and then I did some rest pause sets- really trying to force growth in my bi's

skull crushers
three sets up to 3 tens and five on each side then a drop set pulling off a plate as I go

Curl machine
three drop sets 75 - 45lbs

Tricep push down vbar
60*10 -12 4 sets

curl machine SS Tricep machine
15-20 reps four sets

Ok I need to start taking advantage of post work out nutrition. right now I do nothing for that accept try to get dinner cooked as fast as I can after a long day. I also need at least 4 days in the gym every week and right now I lucky to get three.. I need to fix that.

If any one doesnt know what rest pause is, here is a write up T nation did on it.

Forced Growth: A New Way to Build Muscle

Advanced Rest-Pause Training for Bodybuilders

Going to failure is the most effective way to build muscle. But only when used the right way (low volume training) and on the right exercises (isolation and low stress lifts). So what's the best method for going to failure? Rest-pause training. No other training method will lead to faster hypertrophy.
Rule 1 – Hit Contractile Failure

Contractile failure is the main trigger to stimulate growth. The key in rest-pause is not the accumulation of fatigue, but rather hitting failure at several points in the same set.
Reach the maximum number of FULL reps you can do. You can't fake yourself out – you must be certain that you wouldn't be able to complete one more full repetition. But don't try another one and fail during that rep. While it is effective to stimulate hypertrophy, it comes at such a high CNS cost that it would mean that you could only do 1-3 sets in your whole workout and hope to recover.
By going to the point where you know you wouldn't be able to complete one more rep you'll have the stimulus necessary to stimulate growth without the CNS burden.
Rule 2 – Keep the Muscle Under Maximal Tension

Perform the reps so that the target muscle stays under maximal tension the whole time. This means avoiding acceleration during each rep.
The best way to describe how you perform the reps is "smooth" or constant speed. The lifting portion should take you about two seconds. Focus on flexing the muscle as hard as possible at every single point in the range of motion. The eccentric (lowering portion) should be done either under control (about 2 seconds) or slowly (about 5 seconds) depending on the method.
If you do reps using too much acceleration on the way up you'll lose a lot of the stimulus from the set. Yes, you'll use less weight with smooth and constant-speed reps. But the load used doesn't matter as much when it comes to stimulating muscle growth, as long as you hit failure.
Five Proven Rest-Pause Variations

1 – Tempo Contrast Rest-Pause

Tempo contrast refers to changing the speed of movement during the set. In a rest-pause set with two pauses (three mini-sets) you use a slower, more controlled tempo at first and increase the speed a bit more on every mini-set.
This approach works for two reasons. First, the slower eccentrics in the first portion of the rest-pause set activates mTOR to a greater extent, which turns on protein synthesis more. The slower eccentric being performed while maximally tensing the target muscle also increases the quality of the subsequent contraction, making the reps more effective at stimulating more fibers. Because the slow eccentrics are harder to execute, you'll have to use less weight than during a normal rest-pause set.
Second, each portion of the rest-pause set is done with gradually easier reps. This allows you to do a greater total workload during your rest-pause set versus a normal rest-pause set. This higher mechanical work coupled with hitting failure three times in a set will provide for a very strong stimulus to increase protein synthesis.
In each set do two rest-pauses, which means three mini-sets. The pauses are 10-15 seconds long. Use a weight that you'd use for roughly 12 normal reps.
In the first mini-set do slower reps, especially on the eccentric (lowering) phase. Lower the weight for 4-5 seconds. In the concentric (lifting portion) the actual speed isn't as important. What's important is that you try to have as little acceleration as possible. Once the weight starts moving, lift it at the same controlled speed throughout the whole range of motion, flexing the target muscle as hard as you can.
If you're doing it right you should get 6 to 8 reps. If you can do 10-12 reps you either selected the wrong weight or didn't do a good job at making the muscles work hard on each rep.
Go to the point of muscle failure – until you reach a point where you know that the next rep would not be possible. Go to the point where that last rep is extremely hard, but don't resort to cheating or changing position to be able to get more reps. The goal is failure to contract the target muscle hard enough. You defeat that purpose if you switch the stress to other muscles during the set.
When you hit failure, rest for 10-15 seconds. Keep the same weight and then do the second mini-set. Now change the rep style to "normal" reps. This means that you can accelerate the weight a bit on the way up. Still control the weight and focus on tensing the muscle. This is how you'd do your normal isolation reps. You might hit an additional 5-8 reps but in reality that doesn't matter as long as you hit failure.
When you hit failure, take another 10-15 seconds and move on to the third mini-set. Now switch to a looser rep style. Don't use horrible form! Just use enough momentum to help you get the weight to start moving. Ideally you should get another 3-5 reps. Doing more than 5 most likely indicates that you either went easy on the first two mini-sets or used too much momentum on the third one. Remember that the goal is not more reps; it's to fatigue the muscle fibers more.
2 – Death By Rest-Pause

"Death by" means that you continue to do mini-sets until you can't do any more. For our purposes, this means you continue to add mini-sets after 10 seconds of rest until you can't do one more rep in a mini-set. Since these sets are amazingly powerful but also traumatic on the body, only do one or maybe two sets per exercise.
The work set doesn't have a predetermined number of mini-sets. You go until you can't complete one quality rep. Start with a weight you can do for 6 to 8 reps. The number you get isn't important, this is just to help you pick the load.
Go to failure and then rest for 10 seconds. Using the same weight resume the set and once again go to failure. Continue the pattern: reps to failure, 10 second pause, reps to failure, 10 second pause... until you reach a point where you know you can't possibly get one more full rep.
Continue doing the same process until you can only perform a single complete rep in a mini-set, where you know that getting a second one would be impossible.
3 – Omni-Contraction Rest-Pause

The goal of this type of rest-pause set is to reach contractile failure on all three types of muscle action: concentric, isometric, and eccentric. This approach is arguably the strongest hypertrophy stimulation you can have. The only downside is that you need a training partner.
Each set is made up of three mini-sets. The pauses are 10-15 seconds long. Start with a weight you can do for 8-10 quality reps and go to contractile muscle failure. Rest 10-15 seconds.
Using the same weight, lift the weight until you reach the maximum tension position (hardest position or angle of the movement). In most exercises this is the mid-range point. Hold that position while flexing the target muscle as hard as you can until you can't hold it anymore, reaching isometric failure. Rest another 10-15 seconds.
Still using the same weight, have a partner assist you in doing the lifting portion of the movement and do the lowering portion by yourself in 4-5 seconds. Do reps like this until you can't control the weight during the lowering phase.
4 – Stage Rest-Pause

This technique works best with isolation exercises as well as pressing movements. (Not pulling exercises though.) You'll go to failure, then the second and third mini-sets use only partial reps done to failure.
It's important to understand that to be effective, partial reps should be performed slower than full reps. The range of motion is short. If too much acceleration is used from the start the muscle won't be under enough tension to be effective to stimulate growth. Do the partial reps with as little change of speed or acceleration as possible. Imagine that the partial reps have to last as long as a full rep.
Each set is made up of three mini-sets. The pauses between mini-sets are 10 seconds long. Start with a weight you can do for 8-10 reps. Do full-range reps until you hit contractile failure.
When you hit failure, rest for 10 seconds. Resume the set but this time only perform half reps in the top portion of the lifting phase – going from mid-range up to peak contraction. Perform partials until failure. Rest another 10 seconds.
Initiate the last mini-set by doing partial reps in the bottom half of the movement going from starting position to mid-range, then go to failure in that range.
5 – Drop-Set Rest-Pause

This approach, which has been successfully used by many bodybuilders, is probably the most demanding of the rest-pause variations. It combines rest-pauses and drop sets. You lower the weight when you hit failure to continue on with the set.
Think of each set as having two rest-pause episodes. The second episode being lighter than the first bout of rest-pauses. This type of rest-pause allows you to place far more demands on each muscle fiber, leading to more growth stimulation. As you might imagine, it's also very demanding and nobody should need more than two such sets per exercise. In many cases, one will be enough.
Each set is made up of four mini-sets: two rest-pause episodes of two mini-sets each. The pauses between all the mini-sets – including the drop – are 10 seconds long.
Start with a weight where you think you'll hit muscle contractile failure at around 8-10 reps. Work until you know that getting one more rep would be an absolute impossibility. Rest for 10 seconds keeping the same weight and resume the set, once again going to muscle contractile failure.
Rest another 10 seconds while you decrease the weight by roughly 20% and continue the set, reaching failure with the new lower weight. Rest for a final 10 seconds and perform one last mini-set, going to failure.
Working Rest-Pauses Into Your Program

I do heavy, non-failure work on the big basic lifts and combine it with failure work like this on isolation exercises. For hypertrophy I only use rest-pause methods now. I see no methods that are more effective. The only reason some people won't get the results they want from rest-pause is if they do too many sets per exercise.
It's a very powerful method, and proper workout nutrition is a must. When you go to true contractile failure (several times in a set) one such set will be enough for most, though slow twitch individuals will need more. So people will need two per exercise. I've yet to see people needing three such sets per exercise to get maximum growth. It's better to move on to another exercise than to continue blasting on an exercise when you've gotten all the growth stimulation from it that it can possibly offer.
Give rest-pause training an honest try. If you're tough enough to handle multiple failure points per set you'll be rewarded with maximum growth.

If any one doesnt know what rest pause is, here is a write up T nation did on it.

Forced Growth: A New Way to Build Muscle

Advanced Rest-Pause Training for Bodybuilders

Going to failure is the most effective way to build muscle. But only when used the right way (low volume training) and on the right exercises (isolation and low stress lifts). So what's the best method for going to failure? Rest-pause training. No other training method will lead to faster hypertrophy.
Rule 1 – Hit Contractile Failure

Contractile failure is the main trigger to stimulate growth. The key in rest-pause is not the accumulation of fatigue, but rather hitting failure at several points in the same set.
Reach the maximum number of FULL reps you can do. You can't fake yourself out – you must be certain that you wouldn't be able to complete one more full repetition. But don't try another one and fail during that rep. While it is effective to stimulate hypertrophy, it comes at such a high CNS cost that it would mean that you could only do 1-3 sets in your whole workout and hope to recover.
By going to the point where you know you wouldn't be able to complete one more rep you'll have the stimulus necessary to stimulate growth without the CNS burden.
Rule 2 – Keep the Muscle Under Maximal Tension

Perform the reps so that the target muscle stays under maximal tension the whole time. This means avoiding acceleration during each rep.
The best way to describe how you perform the reps is "smooth" or constant speed. The lifting portion should take you about two seconds. Focus on flexing the muscle as hard as possible at every single point in the range of motion. The eccentric (lowering portion) should be done either under control (about 2 seconds) or slowly (about 5 seconds) depending on the method.
If you do reps using too much acceleration on the way up you'll lose a lot of the stimulus from the set. Yes, you'll use less weight with smooth and constant-speed reps. But the load used doesn't matter as much when it comes to stimulating muscle growth, as long as you hit failure.
Five Proven Rest-Pause Variations

1 – Tempo Contrast Rest-Pause

Tempo contrast refers to changing the speed of movement during the set. In a rest-pause set with two pauses (three mini-sets) you use a slower, more controlled tempo at first and increase the speed a bit more on every mini-set.
This approach works for two reasons. First, the slower eccentrics in the first portion of the rest-pause set activates mTOR to a greater extent, which turns on protein synthesis more. The slower eccentric being performed while maximally tensing the target muscle also increases the quality of the subsequent contraction, making the reps more effective at stimulating more fibers. Because the slow eccentrics are harder to execute, you'll have to use less weight than during a normal rest-pause set.
Second, each portion of the rest-pause set is done with gradually easier reps. This allows you to do a greater total workload during your rest-pause set versus a normal rest-pause set. This higher mechanical work coupled with hitting failure three times in a set will provide for a very strong stimulus to increase protein synthesis.
In each set do two rest-pauses, which means three mini-sets. The pauses are 10-15 seconds long. Use a weight that you'd use for roughly 12 normal reps.
In the first mini-set do slower reps, especially on the eccentric (lowering) phase. Lower the weight for 4-5 seconds. In the concentric (lifting portion) the actual speed isn't as important. What's important is that you try to have as little acceleration as possible. Once the weight starts moving, lift it at the same controlled speed throughout the whole range of motion, flexing the target muscle as hard as you can.
If you're doing it right you should get 6 to 8 reps. If you can do 10-12 reps you either selected the wrong weight or didn't do a good job at making the muscles work hard on each rep.
Go to the point of muscle failure – until you reach a point where you know that the next rep would not be possible. Go to the point where that last rep is extremely hard, but don't resort to cheating or changing position to be able to get more reps. The goal is failure to contract the target muscle hard enough. You defeat that purpose if you switch the stress to other muscles during the set.
When you hit failure, rest for 10-15 seconds. Keep the same weight and then do the second mini-set. Now change the rep style to "normal" reps. This means that you can accelerate the weight a bit on the way up. Still control the weight and focus on tensing the muscle. This is how you'd do your normal isolation reps. You might hit an additional 5-8 reps but in reality that doesn't matter as long as you hit failure.
When you hit failure, take another 10-15 seconds and move on to the third mini-set. Now switch to a looser rep style. Don't use horrible form! Just use enough momentum to help you get the weight to start moving. Ideally you should get another 3-5 reps. Doing more than 5 most likely indicates that you either went easy on the first two mini-sets or used too much momentum on the third one. Remember that the goal is not more reps; it's to fatigue the muscle fibers more.
2 – Death By Rest-Pause

"Death by" means that you continue to do mini-sets until you can't do any more. For our purposes, this means you continue to add mini-sets after 10 seconds of rest until you can't do one more rep in a mini-set. Since these sets are amazingly powerful but also traumatic on the body, only do one or maybe two sets per exercise.
The work set doesn't have a predetermined number of mini-sets. You go until you can't complete one quality rep. Start with a weight you can do for 6 to 8 reps. The number you get isn't important, this is just to help you pick the load.
Go to failure and then rest for 10 seconds. Using the same weight resume the set and once again go to failure. Continue the pattern: reps to failure, 10 second pause, reps to failure, 10 second pause... until you reach a point where you know you can't possibly get one more full rep.
Continue doing the same process until you can only perform a single complete rep in a mini-set, where you know that getting a second one would be impossible.
3 – Omni-Contraction Rest-Pause

The goal of this type of rest-pause set is to reach contractile failure on all three types of muscle action: concentric, isometric, and eccentric. This approach is arguably the strongest hypertrophy stimulation you can have. The only downside is that you need a training partner.
Each set is made up of three mini-sets. The pauses are 10-15 seconds long. Start with a weight you can do for 8-10 quality reps and go to contractile muscle failure. Rest 10-15 seconds.
Using the same weight, lift the weight until you reach the maximum tension position (hardest position or angle of the movement). In most exercises this is the mid-range point. Hold that position while flexing the target muscle as hard as you can until you can't hold it anymore, reaching isometric failure. Rest another 10-15 seconds.
Still using the same weight, have a partner assist you in doing the lifting portion of the movement and do the lowering portion by yourself in 4-5 seconds. Do reps like this until you can't control the weight during the lowering phase.
4 – Stage Rest-Pause

This technique works best with isolation exercises as well as pressing movements. (Not pulling exercises though.) You'll go to failure, then the second and third mini-sets use only partial reps done to failure.
It's important to understand that to be effective, partial reps should be performed slower than full reps. The range of motion is short. If too much acceleration is used from the start the muscle won't be under enough tension to be effective to stimulate growth. Do the partial reps with as little change of speed or acceleration as possible. Imagine that the partial reps have to last as long as a full rep.
Each set is made up of three mini-sets. The pauses between mini-sets are 10 seconds long. Start with a weight you can do for 8-10 reps. Do full-range reps until you hit contractile failure.
When you hit failure, rest for 10 seconds. Resume the set but this time only perform half reps in the top portion of the lifting phase – going from mid-range up to peak contraction. Perform partials until failure. Rest another 10 seconds.
Initiate the last mini-set by doing partial reps in the bottom half of the movement going from starting position to mid-range, then go to failure in that range.
5 – Drop-Set Rest-Pause

This approach, which has been successfully used by many bodybuilders, is probably the most demanding of the rest-pause variations. It combines rest-pauses and drop sets. You lower the weight when you hit failure to continue on with the set.
Think of each set as having two rest-pause episodes. The second episode being lighter than the first bout of rest-pauses. This type of rest-pause allows you to place far more demands on each muscle fiber, leading to more growth stimulation. As you might imagine, it's also very demanding and nobody should need more than two such sets per exercise. In many cases, one will be enough.
Each set is made up of four mini-sets: two rest-pause episodes of two mini-sets each. The pauses between all the mini-sets – including the drop – are 10 seconds long.
Start with a weight where you think you'll hit muscle contractile failure at around 8-10 reps. Work until you know that getting one more rep would be an absolute impossibility. Rest for 10 seconds keeping the same weight and resume the set, once again going to muscle contractile failure.
Rest another 10 seconds while you decrease the weight by roughly 20% and continue the set, reaching failure with the new lower weight. Rest for a final 10 seconds and perform one last mini-set, going to failure.
Working Rest-Pauses Into Your Program

I do heavy, non-failure work on the big basic lifts and combine it with failure work like this on isolation exercises. For hypertrophy I only use rest-pause methods now. I see no methods that are more effective. The only reason some people won't get the results they want from rest-pause is if they do too many sets per exercise.
It's a very powerful method, and proper workout nutrition is a must. When you go to true contractile failure (several times in a set) one such set will be enough for most, though slow twitch individuals will need more. So people will need two per exercise. I've yet to see people needing three such sets per exercise to get maximum growth. It's better to move on to another exercise than to continue blasting on an exercise when you've gotten all the growth stimulation from it that it can possibly offer.
Give rest-pause training an honest try. If you're tough enough to handle multiple failure points per set you'll be rewarded with maximum growth.
Fuuuuuuuck yes. DC training! Get it! Grow! Kill everything gdi!

Legs- death by rest pause
Leg press
Warm ups
360*10
450*10
540*10 rest pause *4 rp *3 removed 2 plates
360*7 rp*4*2

Leg curl- tempo
80*15
80*10
80*8 RP *6rp*4
80*8 RP *4

Leg extensions- I’ll be honest my quads were fucking toast- this almost seemed point less.

Straight leg dead’s
135* 15
135*10
135*9 RP *4 rp*2

25 mins on the bike.

That’s was a beast of a work out especially for some one with messed up legs like me. But really it felt good to put some work in on my quads and glutes. This morning I am hurting pretty bad in the arms and my legs will slowly get worse over the next couple days. Feels good to get in work!

I also brought a carton of egg whites to the gym with 8 ounces of strawberry keifer as a chaser for post work out and it was actually not bad that way.

Fuuuuuuuck yes. DC training! Get it! Grow! Kill everything gdi!

I’m so beat but it feels great!

I might have missed it but are you doing the the 3 or 4 day split?

Honestly before this week I was just trying to get in but my split is arms legs push pull... if I go in an extra day I will do a day of just delts.. my push day doesn’t have a lot shoulders in it. Usually just an exercise.

I was snow boarding a lot during the start of this log and then got injured snow boarding(excuse, excuse, excuse) bottom line is I have not been consistent. But with school ending for the kids and me finally being less injured and not sick... I’m ready.

Back