• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Post Cycle Therapy

There are many contradictions regarding usage and effects of AAS and on PCT. This post contains info that has been the standard for many years. Regarding HCG however, I think more needs to be understood. I am not sure yet but I am led to believe that in PCT, we want out bodies to return to normal,(we want normal LH production) and if we are adding HCG post cycle which acts like LH, how can we do that? can the clomid/Nolv. get our LH up when our pituitary glands think we don't need it due to the HCG? I believe in keeping my testes working and I am doing it now in my cycle. I am using 500i.u. 3 times a week every other week and using a highly accurate digital caliper have measured my nuts and have no shrinkage. When I followed the what I consider the old school info of the above post, my nuts turned into raisins. So far so good. What I plan on doing two weeks before my cycle ends, stop my HCG and long ester injections, use orals for a week around the clock and the second week, only in the morning. I feel then I will be perfectly fine using Nolvadex to get my pituitary to produce enough LH because my hypothalamus will hopefully not be too confused by crazy estrogen and androgen levels because of the last two weeks of fast acting and last week only in the morning which allow for more normal levels every night. This is what I gather and I really don't know if I am right but so far so good with the small doses of HCG. No side effects from 500i.u. EOD EOW. and no shrinkage after 6 weeks. That is my biggest surprise and I am very happy about that.

I’m on a long cycle and basically doing the same thing 250iu HCG x2 per week. Nuts only shrunk a little.

I’m switching to short eaters now and for the next two weeks. Then jumping right into PCT.

Do you not plan on using clomid??

My first cycle was 10 weeks test e 500mg I ran hcg with cycle 500mg week but my balls shrank, anyway I did normal pct nolva 40 40 20 20 clomid 50 50 25 25, 2 months after pct my lh 1.98, fsh 1.78 and total test: 3.8 but still my balls werent as big as before cycle. Now I am running 2. cycle again with hcg 500mg/w from the first day of cycle. Again they
shrank
sometimes even I think that they lost lol, because they got really small, I did 500mg hcg injection last time and they got bigger and much more heavier maybe 3x. What should I do to get back them like before after pct? I am considering 500mg/day for 4-5 days 10 days before pct?

Maybe a dumb question but it's the only thing I haven't seen anywhere. I am about to start a 15 week cycle and am looking to blast the hcg + Nolvadex midway through, as well as to kickstart my pct. Everything says to keep it refrigerated. Do you want to inject it cold as to not allow it to breakdown?

Gave rep, well deserved. Great info for newbies like myself. THANKS!

solid! thanks for the info... ive done half a cycle and long story but i had to cut it short.... i stick to peptides nowadays but once i figure out how to safely transition off of a cycle i'm going to start my first official cycle.

I will start my 1st PCT in years next week (7ish years on 200mg Test cyp every other week per my primary doc)
I'm doing pct through a clinic. Its very expensive but I currently don't have another source
My PCT protocol from the clinic is:
1) .5 mg anastrazole every other day (20 tabs will last 40 days)
2) 50 mg clomid per day (day 1-21)
3) hCG (Pregnyl) 2k IU per day for 5 days
then 1k IU per day for 10 days
4) 20mg tamoxifen per day (days 22-42)

I also plan to do 100mg test cyp per week after PCT and I plan to supplement w anavar (or possible deca because I've heard it helps w injuries) if I can find a good source.

I will start my 1st PCT in years next week (7ish years on 200mg Test cyp every other week per my primary doc)
I'm doing pct through a clinic. Its very expensive but I currently don't have another source

I also plan to do 100mg test cyp per week after PCT and I plan to supplement w anavar (or possible deca because I've heard it helps w injuries) if I can find a good source.

Then why would you even go through the PCT process if you’re just going to suppress your natural testosterone again? defeats the whole purpose of kicking in your natural test again just to introduce MORE exogenous test that will suppress again.

It’s like taking a shit, wiping your ass, then taking another shit then getting up off the toilet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just reread this... I’m on trt. Why are you doing pct or hcg if you are on TRT. That makes zero sense to me. (Unless you’re trying to get ur ol lady pregnant)

Does your doctor or clinic know about the other?

Just wondering if ur trt doctor knows you are trying pct drugs while on trt and what is answer was to that

And vice verse.. what kind of clinic is this? Endocrinologist? And why are they giving you pct drugs if you are on trt? To waste your money?

I’m confused. Unless you are trying to get prego... why the two conflicted treatment plans. It’s one or the other ... not both.

Feel like ur throwing your cash away bro... just my 2 centavos. Not shootin at you. I’m just curious

Just reread this... I’m on trt. Why are you doing pct or hcg if you are on TRT. That makes zero sense to me. (Unless you’re trying to get ur ol lady pregnant)

Does your doctor or clinic know about the other?

Just wondering if ur trt doctor knows you are trying pct drugs while on trt and what is answer was to that

And vice verse.. what kind of clinic is this? Endocrinologist? And why are they giving you pct drugs if you are on trt? To waste your money?

I’m confused. Unless you are trying to get prego... why the two conflicted treatment plans. It’s one or the other ... not both.

Feel like ur throwing your cash away bro... just my 2 centavos. Not shootin at you. I’m just curious

I have been on TRT for 6-7 years w no support meds and no cycling off. It does not seem to be working anymore. I have decided to try cycling off of TRT. I had labs drawn.
estradiol was 100.4 pg/ml
T3, free 3.7
T4 total 9.3
T4 free 1.53
I have no energy and my sex drive is pretty low. My gf commented on my testicular atrophy. orgasms are really small.
My plan is to cycle off w a PCT. Then get labs done again. I'll see how I feel after that. I will probably go back onto TRT after the next set of labs. I plan to cycle off and on from now on as I don't think it works to be on TRT nonstop.
The clinic is a hormone replacement clinic. The clinic knows I am on TRT from my primary care physician (PCP). My PCP does not know I am going to cycle off. He would just stop my prescription.
Am I wasting my money? To an extent, yes. Hormone replacement clinics are insanely expensive. I think cycling off once in awhile is a good idea. But I wanted to use a hormone replacement doc since my experience is limited. I wanted labs and someone to interpret them and I wanted a source I could 100% trust. I think I'll work on getting a new source for gear while I'm doing PCT. I might even make a trip outside the US. For now, I'm just hitting the reset button. I may take a break before I restart TRT. For now I'm still learning.
Feel free to hit me with your advice or sources of info. I'm all ears rn

Adding to my last
Testosterone, total 438
These labs were taken when I was still on TRT on the day before I was scheduled to inject 200 mg test cyp which was prescribed every 2 weeks (200 mg/every other week)

IML Gear Cream!
I have been on TRT for 6-7 years w no support meds and no cycling off. It does not seem to be working anymore. I have decided to try cycling off of TRT. I had labs drawn.
estradiol was 100.4 pg/ml
T3, free 3.7
T4 total 9.3
T4 free 1.53
I have no energy and my sex drive is pretty low. My gf commented on my testicular atrophy. orgasms are really small.
My plan is to cycle off w a PCT. Then get labs done again. I'll see how I feel after that. I will probably go back onto TRT after the next set of labs. I plan to cycle off and on from now on as I don't think it works to be on TRT nonstop.
The clinic is a hormone replacement clinic. The clinic knows I am on TRT from my primary care physician (PCP). My PCP does not know I am going to cycle off. He would just stop my prescription.
Am I wasting my money? To an extent, yes. Hormone replacement clinics are insanely expensive. I think cycling off once in awhile is a good idea. But I wanted to use a hormone replacement doc since my experience is limited. I wanted labs and someone to interpret them and I wanted a source I could 100% trust. I think I'll work on getting a new source for gear while I'm doing PCT. I might even make a trip outside the US. For now, I'm just hitting the reset button. I may take a break before I restart TRT. For now I'm still learning.
Feel free to hit me with your advice or sources of info. I'm all ears rn

Oh I see. You know... I agree with you to an extent. Seems like the first year felt like being on cycle again. But... afterwards that sex drive DOES sort of die down. My dr has me on 200mg a day.

I add 100 my of test p to my 1 weekly injection. Helped for a while. I of course dropped back to 200mg per week about 2-3weeks out from doing labs again.

But recently, I’ve took 250mg and that seems to help. But I imagine it’s due to the spike being higher and will die down again.

I feel like sometimes an endocrinologist is needed. Idk.

Oh I see. You know... I agree with you to an extent. Seems like the first year felt like being on cycle again. But... afterwards that sex drive DOES sort of die down. My dr has me on 200mg a day.

I add 100 my of test p to my 1 weekly injection. Helped for a while. I of course dropped back to 200mg per week about 2-3weeks out from doing labs again.

But recently, I’ve took 250mg and that seems to help. But I imagine it’s due to the spike being higher and will die down again.

I feel like sometimes an endocrinologist is needed. Idk.

How long have you been on TRT? Can you ask your doc for labs?

How long have you been on TRT? Can you ask your doc for labs?

4 years and I get labs every 3 months. Total and free are in range. Sometimes high and libido can still be “ehh” or sometimes when it’s on the low side, libido can be up.

Could be mood but I definitely know when I first got in it... was high as hell.

I use to run my own labs before I get on a medically prescribed trt plane.

Adding to my last
Testosterone, total 438
These labs were taken when I was still on TRT on the day before I was scheduled to inject 200 mg test cyp which was prescribed every 2 weeks (200 mg/every other week)

200mg every 2 weeks is your problem.

200 every week is more of a typical dose

I tell everyone who has a dr with that regiment... find a new dr. Cuz he doesn’t know what he’s doin. That’s too much of a “valley” or “dip down” and bet you marbles to chalk.. that’s 70-80% your issue

I agree. But 200 every other week is the max dose my primary will prescribe. Its covered by the VA and I'm pretty sure every doc there will give me the same dose.

What's your dose? Do you cycle off? If so, w what meds?

I'm considering staying at 100 mg/ week test but adding anavar or Deca Durabolin(100 mg/wk) (plus supporting meds) from the testosterone clinic. I don't know what dose they recommend for anavar tho they did quote $1050 for a 10 week cycle. Seems expensive to me so I'm going to shop around to other clinics.

I'm questioning the wisdom in this sticky recommending HCG for the first three weeks of PCT. Isn't HCG suppressive of LH, and, given that, why would you want to add suppression right at the beginning of PCT, simultaneously with SERMs? My understanding is you want to blast HCG before clomid/nolva, not right on top of them. Seems counter-productive.

I'm questioning the wisdom in this sticky recommending HCG for the first three weeks of PCT. Isn't HCG suppressive of LH, and, given that, why would you want to add suppression right at the beginning of PCT, simultaneously with SERMs? My understanding is you want to blast HCG before clomid/nolva, not right on top of them. Seems counter-productive.
You could blast hcg from the last pin up until pct. Yes hcg is suppressive

As A Doc - interesting to read. It sounds like a doc or pharmacist has been in here somewhere assisting with understanding

- - - Updated - - -

big_rich;1915753 said:
You could blast hcg from the last pin up until pct. Yes hcg is suppressive
HcG is an LH analog

Hey guys, I may have missed it somewhere in here. But what’s the difference between Hcg and hmg ? Do they do they same thing for pct?

Back