• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

This Police Officer was found innocent of wrong doing.

Augustine5I

Carpet-Chewer
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
This Police Officer was found innocent of wrong doing. What do you guys think?

Personally, I think ordinary people who have no experience with LE can get really rattled. And are not used to following directions the way police officers demand they "should."

I know there is a lot of split decisions and judgement calls that are influenced by many factors including experience and dickhead factor. To me, this cop comes off as a dickhead the way he is barking simon says command. IDK.

Seems like this could have been handled differently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBUUx0jUKxc

I understand cops deal with the worst. I sympathize with them usually but sorry that was cold blooded murder. Even if he had a pistol in his waist it would have been 2 seconds for him to take it out and fire from that position. Just as deplorable as the cop who shot that black guy in the back when he tried to awkwardly run away.

Whatever happened to "lay on the ground w your hands on your hands clasped together. Cross your legs" then you get cuffed? Now you got to do all that and then some followed by the watermelon crawl toward them all the while listening too "make a mistake and die" with each command. The body cam footage was released after the usual "followed perfect protocol, nothing to see here verdict". I thought I'd read not even jury had seen it but I maybe thinking of something else. Unfortunately the only time the public has a strong presence in response to these type of shootings is when the victim is black. Bet that cop gets a raise and promotion BC now he's a " seasoned officer".

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

A murderer walking free around us.

It’s total bullshit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a tough one, but you can’t really blame the cops especially in this day and age, there’s a huge lack of respect for authority these days and more people out there trying to kill cops, add to that the fact that they are responding to a call of a guy pointing a gun at people and it’s a recipe for disaster

So you guys are saying you wouldn’t have done the same? It’s easy to sit back and watch the video with no threat to your life and say it was unnecessary, put yourself in his shoes you gonna wait and see what he does?

He was trying everything he could do for an excuse to shoot that man. He screamed 100 different conflicting orders.

Lay down. Cross your legs. Arms out to your side. Don’t move. Handcuffs. Over and a man is alive. Simple

but you can’t really blame the cops especially in this day and age, there’s a huge lack of respect for authority these days and more people out there trying to kill cops, add to that the fact that they are responding to a call of a guy pointing a gun at people and it’s a recipe for disaster

Yes, you can blame the cop. Totally wrong approach. What happened to "on the floor, hands behind your head"? WTF were all those dumb instructions?

So you guys are saying you wouldn’t have done the same? It’s easy to sit back and watch the video with no threat to your life and say it was unnecessary, put yourself in his shoes you gonna wait and see what he does?

That's absolutely what I'm saying. I would never have done what he did. He was screaming like a maniac and 100% trigger happy Rambo wannabe. Disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

He was trying everything he could do for an excuse to shoot that man. He screamed 100 different conflicting orders.

Lay down. Cross your legs. Arms out to your side. Don’t move. Handcuffs. Over and a man is alive. Simple

^ That... Agree 100%.

That was hard to watch.

I am a big supporter of police but why make them crawl when they are already face down, legs crossed and hands behind their heads?

Making them crawl to you made the situation more unstable.

Totally unnecessary.

Yes, you can blame the cop. Totally wrong approach. What happened to "on the floor, hands behind your head"? WTF were all those dumb instructions?

I agree, those commands were a bit confusing, he was probably nervous and/or scared, as I said they were responding to reports of someone pointing a gun at people which is very relevant to this situation

That's absolutely what I'm saying. I would never have done what he did. He was screaming like a maniac and 100% trigger happy Rambo wannabe.

Its a good thing you’re not a cop, you’d be dead by now

One word: COMPLY.

When a cop says do something, right or wrong, do it. You may then live to have your day in court.

When a cop says do something, right or wrong, do it. You may then live to have your day in court.
Watch the video bro. EVERYTHING the cop did screamed "I'm going to kill someone tonight!"
EVERYTHING he did was over the top wrong.
One of the biggest abortions of police work I have ever witnessed.
Honestly, he should have just shot him on sight. It would have saved a significant amount of stress on everyone else involved.
Just fucking horrible.

I didn't see that part.
But there is still culpability, mainly on the officer giving the strange and somewhat ambiguous commands.
Cops jacking other cops up is a sort of "mob mentality".

I agree, those commands were a bit confusing, he was probably nervous and/or scared, as I said they were responding to reports of someone pointing a gun at people which is very relevant to this situation
...and not to mention drunk, an autopsy revealed Shaver's blood alcohol level was .29

Absolute power corrupts absolutely!

...and not to mention drunk, an autopsy revealed Shaver's blood alcohol level was .29

I was referring to the cop since he looks young but that’s a good point you bring up that I was unaware of, doesn’t help shavers case at all

I was referring to the cop since he looks young but that’s a good point you bring up that I was unaware of, doesn’t help shavers case at all

Ok, but can you imagine how scared Shaver was? You get called out of your room, then screamed at with loaded rifles pointed at you..... and drunk, and Langley plays Simon Says with him. They fired Brailsford before the trail, and Langley has since retired and moved to the Phillipines. I understand the dilemma police are faced with but imo this amounted to an execution. Langley was baiting him and they call it good training?

Watch the video bro. EVERYTHING the cop did screamed "I'm going to kill someone tonight!"
EVERYTHING he did was over the top wrong.
One of the biggest abortions of police work I have ever witnessed.
Honestly, he should have just shot him on sight. It would have saved a significant amount of stress on everyone else involved.
Just fucking horrible.

Absolutely, it was fucking horrible. No question there. My point is: right or wrong, if you comply chances are you will live through the incident and have the opportunity to sue the cops.

Ok, but can you imagine how scared Shaver was? You get called out of your room, then screamed at with loaded rifles pointed at you..... and drunk, and Langley plays Simon Says with him. They fired Brailsford before the trail, and Langley has since retired and moved to the Phillipines. I understand the dilemma police are faced with but imo this amounted to an execution. Langley was baiting him and they call it good training?

Yeah I get what you’re saying, I’m sure shaver was crapping his pants, it seemed that way in the video to me anyway,

but he got got up and put his hands down, I doubt any cop will take that lightly these days considering what’s happened the past few years

Latest statistics I see are 2010 ranking Police and sheriff's patrol officers, at a rate of 19 per 100,000 fatally injured. At the top of that chart is -

The Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries is a great source of information, but like all statistics, it's the interpretation of the data that matters. The census produces a "fatality rate," detailing the number of individuals fatally injured per 100,000 workers. It also provides a raw number of fatal on-the-job injuries. Making the top 10 most dangerous jobs for 2010, the most recent year for which data is available, are:

Fishers and related fishing workers, at a rate of 116 deaths per 100,000

Logging workers, at a rate of 91 deaths per 100,000

Aircraft pilots and flight engineers, at a rate of 71 deaths per 100,000

Farmers and ranchers, at a rate of 41 deaths per 100,000

Mining machine operators, at a rate of 38 deaths per 100,000

That's the first 5, police ranked ten. Take into account traffic fatalities are a big percentage of that but not the majority. Furthermore I bet if we could breakdown police officer murders by area it would tell a story. For example in my small town there has been one officer involved shooting in like 15 years. That was a cop who shot a dog after he asked the owner to chain it up (and the owner did).
I'm not saying they don't have a dangerous job but the "if you were a cop you would be dead"," its just to dangerous" etc etc is well overplayed IMO.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Crawl, stand on one foot, drink water from a glass while upside down, whistle, jump, clap your hands and play guitar all at the same time, or I'll shoot you dead.

Back