• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

The Myth Of “Roid Rage”? (Beginners please read)

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
😠The Myth Of “Roid Rage”? (Beginners please read)😠

The "Myth" of Roid rage!
The unvarnished truth
(for beginners and educational value ONLY)

One of the most shrouded topics in most online body-building communities is the subject of roid rage, and does it really exist?

Today let's discuss anecdotal reports vs a study that's recognized by the endocrine society.
Whenever an individual decides to openly share his/her AAS usage there will be a stigma that may follow and unfortunately they might be subjected to accusations of mishandling their emotions,
these accusations can even occur when one is merely under speculation of usage with/without concrete evidence to support it.

Due to media and other false reports from nonsupporting outlets that seem to wage-war against the bodybuilding community and the use of PED's in sports, over exaggerated claims in blatantdisregards, and at times fueled with lies have been known to circulate, as the populace has no real understanding what the truth is, stories sell and that's the truth..

However, Co-workers, spouses, GF/wives have made anecdotal reports of actual encounters with their significant other in what appears to be a steroid induced rage, and at times being attached to a violent domesticated crime..

PED users don't have a leg to stand on, or do they?

The whole theory has been flawed as recent studies suggest, in fact most violent domesticated crimes have more of a correlation with underlining mental-health issues and/or drug/alcohol usage..
In a study of over 10,000 Swedish males, Lundholm et al found that men who had been convicted of a violent crime were much more likely to report having used anabolic steroids
(although the rates were still low in absolute terms: 2.7%, vs. 0.6% in men not convicted.)
However, they say,
“this association was substantially attenuated and lost statistical significance after adjusting for other lifetime substance abuse.”
In other words, men who’ve used steroids are not more likely to be convicted of violence after accounting for other drug use.

You're not off the hook yet, so decelerate my dude and read on!

Aside from outside influences such as drug/alcohol usages, what other aliments could contribute to some of these overzealous,
preconceived notions that our society has branded PED user with?
How about and ill mental health/cognitive thought process or simply just instability in ones normal day to day life..
Many people go undiagnosed their entire life with a mental health issue that may be a hereditary genetic predisposition, or even simply in denial due to a matter of "ones pride".
This is a cocktail for a disaster when it pertains to AAS and other PED usages.

We can slice and dice specific compounds/AAS that are more pronounced to attribute to a feeling of uneasiness/irritability with added aggression (often at times it's desired by users for the added advantage during sports/weight training, this is dose/compound dependent, i.e Trenbolone, Halotestin, TNE etc etc)..
But, the unvarnished truth no singular AAS will influence one to react or respond with "uncontrollable" behavior where one was unable to contain themselves...

If you do it, you own it!
asshole.jpg

RAGE; Everything in life that had consequences due to an outburst where we have to deal with the ramifications of our actions were made by a clear conscience decision,
there can/may be an outside influence whether socially or mentally or even alcohol in which may slightly dictates ones emotions and feelings in particular circumstances and situations.
However, nothing with a clear sober mind make one completely and utterly out of control where there was no reasoning when it concerns AAS use/cause and effects..

asshole1.png

Now for the study that finally supports the PED users suggesting that Androgen use eccentially comes with no inward/outward anger,
anger arousal and hostile outlook and anger eliciting situations..

The effects of supraphysiological doses of testosterone on angry behavior in healthy eugonadal men--a clinical research center study.

Abstract

Anecdotal reports of "roid rage" and violent crimes by androgenic steroid users have brought attention to the relationship between anabolic steroid use and angry outbursts.
However, testosterone effects on human aggression remain controversial. Previous studies have been criticized because of the low androgen doses,
lack of placebo control or blinding, and inclusion of competitive athletes and those with preexisting psychopathology.
To overcome these pitfalls, we used a double-blind, placebo-controlled design, excluded competitive athletes and those with psychiatric disorders,
and used 600 mg testosterone enanthate (TE)/week. Forty-three eugonadal men, 19-40 yr, were randomized to 1 of 4 groups:
Group I, placebo, no exercise; Group II, TE, no exercise; Group III, placebo, exercise; Group IV, TE plus exercise. Exercise consisted of thrice weekly strength training sessions.
The Multi-Dimensional Anger Inventory (MAI), which includes 5 different dimensions of anger (inward anger, outward anger, anger arousal, hostile outlook,
and anger eliciting situations), and a Mood Inventory (MI), which includes items related to mood and behavior,
were administered to subjects before, during, and after the 10 week intervention.
The subject's significant other (spouse, live-in partner, or parent) also answered the same questions about the subject's mood and behavior (Observer Mood Inventory, OMI).
No differences were observed between exercising and nonexercising and between placebo and TE treated subjects for any of the 5 subdomains of MAI.
Overall there were no significant changes in MI or OMI during the treatment period in any group.

CONCLUSION:

Supraphysiological doses of testosterone, when administered to normal men in a controlled setting,
do not increase angry behavior. These data do not exclude the possibility that still higher doses of multiple steroids
might provoke angry behavior in men with preexisting psychopathology.

Take home notes:
There's many factors to examine here.. Let's consider the age & genetics/mental health,
the cycle length and the Compound/compounds used and quantity/dosage..These are just a few examples to review!

Beyond anything else here: It's fair enough to generalize that "roid rage" is in fact a myth,
and that we have a moral obligation in society "a set of rules" the do's and don'ts in life.

However this becomes dependent on the individual and how much they diligently their values and responsibility in life..
There may not be a definitive answer bit I firmly believe if you're and asshole - gearz will make you an even bigger asshole,
but ultimately at the end of the day one should take great measures to assure no real ramifications or issues that may follow for irresponsibility,
and if they feel they are immune to the laws and principles in life and anything that may transpire than I'm not sympathetic..

If one is boundless with their action to take the plunge and use AAS, than they should expected a course of action to follow suit there after,
whether it's mentally or physically, you do it, than you own it!

Last edited:
Great read V. Thanks for taking the time to post this. I would love to see you post a thread dedicated to your experiences with Tren.....to include labwork discussion,dosages as well as side effect prevention strategies.

L

Anybody have anything that they would like to share to this quotation from above -

We can slice and dice specific compounds/AAS that are more pronounced to attribute to a feeling of uneasiness/irritability with added aggression
(often at times it's desired by users for the added advantage during sports/weight training, this is dose/compound dependent, i.e Trenbolone, Halotestin, TNE etc etc)..
But, the unvarnished truth no singular AAS will influence one to react or respond with "uncontrollable" behavior where one was unable to contain themselves...

I've never experienced any kind of roid rage. Having said that, tren did give me an "alpha as fuck" feeling that is really difficult to explain. But rather than aggression, it was more of a "don't give a fuck" feeling. If anything, it dropped my stress level to a big fat zero. Which sounds great, but it has it's own issues. Like not caring about loved ones emotions, problems, etc. I really only wanted to do two things...lift and fuck. Everything else I could have cared less about. Even if someone wanted to start an argument, I literally could just laugh it off like it was nothing.

I agree with most of the writeup, it's well written and correct.

However I will say this. Dbol gave me the shortest fuse ever. I mean to the point where I was just pissed off the minute it kicked in for hours. Aggressive. If you looked at me wrong I am going to then confront you, which might turn physical. I recall the last time I used it maybe 10 years ago, I chewed up 50mgs of Axio brand, and on the way to the gym, I got cut off by an 18 wheeler to the point I nearly crashed. We both fishtailed out. The story ended with me chasing the guy down the highway on foot (don't ask about the in between details bc those are illegal LOL) Thankfully I got out of there minus an arrest.

I went home, took all that I had and flushed it down the toilet. I will never ever use it again. It is the only AAS that actually made me understand what ppl referred to as "roid rage".

Testosterone on the other hand makes me calm and collect.

Last edited:
I do believe there is such thing as roid rage since we know hormones can in fact affect thoughts and behaviors in a negative way with some people.

Yes indeed, I’ve seen people get it but, they were pricks to begin with. I do think age and AAS experience helps a person recognize and deal with it. It seems that testosterone amplifies your personality. If your nice, it makes you a bit nicer. If your an arse, your a bigger arse! Lol

Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

However I will say this. Dbol gave me the shortest fuse ever. I mean to the point where I was just pissed off the minute it kicked in for hours. Aggressive. If you looked at me wrong I am going to then confront you, which might turn physical. I recall the last time I used it maybe 10 years ago, I chewed up 50mgs of Axio brand, and on the way to the gym, I got cut off by an 18 wheeler to the point I nearly crashed. We both fishtailed out. The story ended with me chasing the guy down the highway on foot (don't ask about the in between details bc those are illegal LOL) Thankfully I got out of there minus an arrest.

I went home, took all that I had and flushed it down the toilet. I will never ever use it again. It is the only AAS that actually made me understand what ppl referred to as "roid rage".

I found that tbol shortens my fuse. I just feel good on dbol. Proves that everyone reacts differently to different compounds...

I do believe there is such thing as roid rage since we know hormones can in fact affect thoughts and behaviors in a negative way with some people.

there is no way that I can overlook or act like hormones do not play role or manipulation with our emotions. Let's look at women for an example during their menstrual cycle, some women actually have to take medication during their menstrual cycle because they go completely cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.
It's fair to say that something does happen, but I think the word "rage" is blown out of proportion.

I have had people use it against me saying I was raging. And I recall all accounts of what happened, I did get upset and I was very passionate about how I felt, but in no fashion was my anger any worse then my neighbor or some random guy driving down the road.
Irritability with lapse in judgement it should be considered and recognized as a potential..

And for everyone else thank you for the feedback and keep on sharing your thoughts..

I can appreciate your instance and what you went through. But for myself personally I don't think we should always assess it with the stigma "raging".. because that almost sounds like something from a zombie apocalypse movie where a human being is completely out of control..
Now give me a few shots of Jack Daniels on a bad day, and we can have a whole different discussion on anger issues hahahah!

But I just think it's unfair that the moment an individual that clearly uses gets their head put on The chopping block the moment they show any type of emotion or anything that they are compassionate about..

I have seen ordinary people go completely ape shit, I have seen jacked gorillas go ape shitt. I think it comes down to the individual because I also know professional people that simply do not crack, and they are sharp as a whip yet they are pinning left and right while burping up Dbol

IML Gear Cream!
there is no way that I can overlook or act like hormones do not play role or manipulation with our emotions. Let's look at women for an example during their menstrual cycle, some women actually have to take medication during their menstrual cycle because they go completely cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.
It's fair to say that something does happen, but I think the word "rage" is blown out of proportion.

I have had people use it against me saying I was raging. And I recall all accounts of what happened, I did get upset and I was very passionate about how I felt, but in no fashion was my anger any worse then my neighbor or some random guy driving down the road.
Irritability with lapse in judgement it should be considered and recognized as a potential..

And for everyone else thank you for the feedback and keep on sharing your thoughts..

Well said!

I think my first run of clomid effected me more than anything else I ever taken

True- especially with cypionator- I do believe though that it just makes people that were already assholes bigger assholes like Vision's post poked fun at. Again, perfect example is cypionator. I dont really have an issue with the dude but he does seem like a short fused dick.

I think my first run of clomid effected me more than anything else I ever taken

Oh geez.. Clomid.. I'm glad I don't use that stuff anymore because in the evenings I love watching viral videos that are inspiring especially with individuals that go on stage with their talent winning the golden buzzer.. I would be a hot mess with a box of tissues..

memories- been a while since I used clomid but it would make me cry about the dumbest shit, especially if I was drinking too
Oh geez.. Clomid.. I'm glad I don't use that stuff anymore because in the evenings I love watching viral videos that are inspiring especially with individuals that go on stage with their talent winning the golden buzzer.. I would be a hot mess with a box of tissues..

Good stuff........Vis....as always...For me,,,if I'm doing stuff that I know makes me alittle bit wired...I remind myself,,"hey asshole you're on Drol and a gram of Test..Stay cool !!!".....Most of us know exactly what presses our buttons (wife,job,co-workers,but hole drivers) and should be conscience of how we respond whether we are one or OFF..!!

Good stuff........Vis....as always...For me,,,if I'm doing stuff that I know makes me alittle bit wired...I remind myself,,"hey asshole you're on Drol and a gram of Test..Stay cool !!!".....Most of us know exactly what presses our buttons (wife,job,co-workers,but hole drivers) and should be conscience of how we respond whether we are one or OFF..!!

Well said my brother.. everybody needs to be held accountable and be mature adults and it doesn't matter what were using, if a certain substance has the potential to alter our thought process then we are accountable for our actions.. this is a reason why I do not drink alcohol, I am not and I will not ever be a pleasure to be around when intoxicated.. but on the other hand if you give me a chill pill, I'll listen to anyone's life story with utmost enthusiasm..

Interesting how different compounds effect everyone in different ways. I notice short fuse in traffic and work but I always am on edge so I can't realy blame it on gear. . Recently I notice I'm more grumpy cruising on trt than when I dont give a shit about anything but vagina weights on a blast.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

I cant tell if its clomid or PTSD but I get emotional flashes, does that shit stay with you forever?

I cant tell if its clomid or PTSD but I get emotional flashes, does that shit stay with you forever?

No, the side effects of clomid will subside.. unfortunately for PTSD you're always going to have some sort of amplification with your emotions..

Back