• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Questions for my mom

FLsnakeman

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My mom is a post menopausal woman interested in hrt. Are there forums like asf dedicated to it? I have no idea what she’d even need to take. Estrogen and progesterone?

I don't know about any forums, but I know they typically use estrogen and progesterone replacements, and if they need it testosterone. A lot of docs won't do the testosterone, not really any reason from what I've seen. It's usually the same reason they won't prescribe to men, even if a woman's testosterone is far below normal levels. Fear I suppose.

Anyhow, hopefully some of the knowledgeable women around here will help out.

Post menopausal women can really benefit from testosterone. It will help her with any negative feelings she has such as lack of energy, feeling sluggish, help maintain her metabolism, muscle mass, etc.

Can you give more details about your mom. What's her reasoning to wanting hrt? Does she work out? Overall feeling of well-being?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Post menopausal women can really benefit from testosterone. It will help her with any negative feelings she has such as lack of energy, feeling sluggish, help maintain her metabolism, muscle mass, etc.

Can you give more details about your mom. What's her reasoning to wanting hrt? Does she work out? Overall feeling of well-being?

I want her to work out but she won’t. It’s for well being and anti aging purposes. Maybe if her energy level was higher I could get her to at least ride bikes with me or something. She has no energy no sex drive, no appetite, and is always moody. Shes 57. Still beautiful and hate to see her feel that way.

I want her to work out but she won’t. It’s for well being and anti aging purposes. Maybe if her energy level was higher I could get her to at least ride bikes with me or something. She has no energy no sex drive, no appetite, and is always moody. Shes 57. Still beautiful and hate to see her feel that way.
I think based on those details. A little drop of test could make a world of difference for her.

If she wants to try self medicating, I'd suggest trying 10-15mg of test cyp or sust once per week. If she wants something quicker, test prop at 5mg e3d would be worth a try. Both those using sub q. Then give a couple weeks and see how she feels.

Also, is she taking any vitamins/otc supplements?

I think based on those details. A little drop of test could make a world of difference for her.

If she wants to try self medicating, I'd suggest trying 10-15mg of test cyp or sust once per week. If she wants something quicker, test prop at 5mg e3d would be worth a try. Both those using sub q. Then give a couple weeks and see how she feels.

Also, is she taking any vitamins/otc supplements?

I have plenty of enanthate on hand i figure that will be as good as cyp? willthe test turn into estro inside her system? I thought that’s what she needed. Thanks for replying. She’s expressed dismay she couldn’t find stuff for herself like guys can on asf. Have you seen any first hand evidence of test only hrt for non bb women or is this anecdotal?

I have plenty of enanthate on hand i figure that will be as good as cyp? willthe test turn into estro inside her system? I thought that’s what she needed. Thanks for replying. She’s expressed dismay she couldn’t find stuff for herself like guys can on asf. Have you seen any first hand evidence of test only hrt for non bb women or is this anecdotal?
I have seen studies how doctors are turning to test for women. You can do some Google and I'll try to find it again as well. It's been a controversial subject for years now but they are starting to see that it's not estrogen they need to pump women with and there are many benefits of testosterone.

As for personal experience, I have worked with many women between 45-60 and they tried it as well with great benefits. I think it's definitely worth a shot.

Enanthate works too. Just about the same as cyp but one day less half life. If you have it dosed at 250mg, get 1/2ml long slin pins and do sub q - 0.05- 0.1ml on syringe and see how she feels for the next few weeks. If nothing, increase to 0.15-0.2ml.

My fiancee is 40 and was very low in test when we had labs done a couple times, below 7ng/dL. The doctors wouldn't do anything for her, she was experiencing most of the low test effects that men display. We started her on 5mg test enanthate 2x per week, she ended up wanting to bump it up to 10mg 2x per week. We switched her to cyp because she was noticing fluctuations with enanthate. She's taking hers IM and not sub-q though. All of the depression, low energy, low sex drive, etc went away within two weeks of starting. It's been a huge game changer for her. Almost zero side effects, very slight thickening of her body hair, pretty much unnoticeable, is the only real side. Of course her sex drive is through the roof again, but it's calmed down some. She barely gets headaches anymore, has added muscle and lost some bodyfat with almost no change in diet and exercise.

Do some looking around on Google, there's some info out there. For her the info we found between here and the internet has been spot on. There's a thread under here somewhere about women and TRT that started the whole process for her. GG won't steer you in the wrong direction I assure you!

My fiancee is 40 and was very low in test when we had labs done a couple times, below 7ng/dL. The doctors wouldn't do anything for her, she was experiencing most of the low test effects that men display. We started her on 5mg test enanthate 2x per week, she ended up wanting to bump it up to 10mg 2x per week. We switched her to cyp because she was noticing fluctuations with enanthate. She's taking hers IM and not sub-q though. All of the depression, low energy, low sex drive, etc went away within two weeks of starting. It's been a huge game changer for her. Almost zero side effects, very slight thickening of her body hair, pretty much unnoticeable, is the only real side. Of course her sex drive is through the roof again, but it's calmed down some. She barely gets headaches anymore, has added muscle and lost some bodyfat with almost no change in diet and exercise.

Do some looking around on Google, there's some info out there. For her the info we found between here and the internet has been spot on. There's a thread under here somewhere about women and TRT that started the whole process for her. GG won't steer you in the wrong direction I assure you!
Thanks for the compliment.

Yes, IM is ideal in my opinion as well but with such tiny doses, some have a harder time dosing so I suggest slin pins for the ease of use. Plus subq, is less intimidating to start if she has the very common fear of needles...then graduate to I'M. SubQ is fine but from what I've seen, the absorbtion rate seems slower versus IM. So in a way, could be better at keeping the levels more stable perhaps? Everyone is different, so she'll have to see for herself.

Thanks for the compliment.

Yes, IM is ideal in my opinion as well but with such tiny doses, some have a harder time dosing so I suggest slin pins for the ease of use. Plus subq, is less intimidating to start if she has the very common fear of needles...then graduate to I'M. SubQ is fine but from what I've seen, the absorbtion rate seems slower versus IM. So in a way, could be better at keeping the levels more stable perhaps? Everyone is different, so she'll have to see for herself.

Of course, you're always giving sound, experienced advice. It's really hard to come by with fem chem.

We might try switching my fiancee to sub-q instead of IM. We use 1/2" slin pins and cut the oil to 100mg/mL for more accurate dosing, but I'd imagine the slower release of sub-q shots would lessen the fluctuations compared to IM. She's very sensitive to fluctuation, especially acne. She forgets for two days and it makes her breakout some. Kinda crazy how much more difference it makes for her.

Thank you again for all your advice. It's much appreciated

IML Gear Cream!
Going to start her out with.05 ml 2x a week with the 250 mg enanthate and see how she reacts. Thanks for your input.

Going to start her out with.05 ml 2x a week with the 250 mg enanthate and see how she reacts. Thanks for your input.
Keep us posted!

Great thread!
My wife is about to turn 47 and she started weight training with me about six months ago, having never done any sort of weight training ever.
Her progress of course, is incredible!
She hasn't had her period in about four months and they were infrequent the last year. She had also been complaining of lack of sleep, hot flashes...the usual.
About two weeks ago she started conjugated estrogen (Premarin) and progesterone. Now she sleeps better, less hot flashes and increased vaginal lubrication.
I am concerned that her adding these hormones will diminish her gym progress as I guessed that the decreased estrogen was helping her, in the gym at least.
She wanted to try a wee bit of anavar so I made a batch for her to try, which she hasn't yet.

Now I hear this testosterone thing. No doubt any amount of Test would be superior to anavar. If it would help her in the gym, great too!
Shes finally gotten to the stage where she is wanting to try the pin one plate lower and grabbing the next size up dumbbells. Starting to challenge herself without any pushing from me.

I would love to see if Test helps her but can she do it while still doing her fem HRT?
Also, she has zero facial hair and body hair only in the right places. Wouldn't want to change that, for sure.

What do you think GG?

Great thread!
My wife is about to turn 47 and she started weight training with me about six months ago, having never done any sort of weight training ever.
Her progress of course, is incredible!
She hasn't had her period in about four months and they were infrequent the last year. She had also been complaining of lack of sleep, hot flashes...the usual.
About two weeks ago she started conjugated estrogen (Premarin) and progesterone. Now she sleeps better, less hot flashes and increased vaginal lubrication.
I am concerned that her adding these hormones will diminish her gym progress as I guessed that the decreased estrogen was helping her, in the gym at least.
She wanted to try a wee bit of anavar so I made a batch for her to try, which she hasn't yet.

Now I hear this testosterone thing. No doubt any amount of Test would be superior to anavar. If it would help her in the gym, great too!
Shes finally gotten to the stage where she is wanting to try the pin one plate lower and grabbing the next size up dumbbells. Starting to challenge herself without any pushing from me.

I would love to see if Test helps her but can she do it while still doing her fem HRT?
Also, she has zero facial hair and body hair only in the right places. Wouldn't want to change that, for sure.

What do you think GG?
This is a classic example of what I was talking about earlier. Doctors are quick to go straight for progesterone and estrogen, and whatever else BUT test. Her being 47 now and just starting out at the gym, I'd hold off on var for now.

As for test. Give it few more weeks, maybe even 2 months and see how she feels. I'd be going a drop of test route first. But see how her current hormone dosing/set up works for her. If she becomes sluggish/tired/moody/etc and her menopausal sides stay the same or worse... it will be time to adjust or change things up.

At this point, too early to tell so just wait a bit more.

A response between sips of coffee! So quick!
Cheers!

She's about to take a five week trip back in her home country/neighborhood around her childhood mates. Last thing I want to do is dose her with "horny juice". Lol!
Digging up old bones I call it.

As always, you give sound advice GG. Seeing as how I just bought a two months supply of the estrogens, I wanted to see how that went too.
This thread got my gears turning. No pun intended.

We will wait until January to revisit this subject.

A response between sips of coffee! So quick!
Cheers!

She's about to take a five week trip back in her home country/neighborhood around her childhood mates. Last thing I want to do is dose her with "horny juice". Lol!
Digging up old bones I call it.

As always, you give sound advice GG. Seeing as how I just bought a two months supply of the estrogens, I wanted to see how that went too.
This thread got my gears turning. No pun intended.

We will wait until January to revisit this subject.
Haha that's right but more between sips of espresso and my second breaky. You caught me at a good time! 😉 plus I'm trying to be a better contributor and stay active.

Haha yea, definately no need to make her want to hump a tree with additional supplements. Actually, don't be surprised if she looses her drive for a bit while the hormones are regulating. It's not uncommon. Maybe that will kick in while away!

Thank you and yes! Keep us posted.

She going to see her new twin grandsons for the first time so I think she'll be more in granny mode than archeological.
Not that it really matters anyway, I'm too old to be worried about shit like that anymore, trying to control people, especially ones I love.
Besides, there is a saying down here:

"Ojos que no ven, corazón que no siente."

She going to see her new twin grandsons for the first time so I think she'll be more in granny mode than archeological.
Not that it really matters anyway, I'm too old to be worried about shit like that anymore, trying to control people, especially ones I love.
Besides, there is a saying down here:

"Ojos que no ven, corazón que no siente."
Granny mode! Lol you're probably right!

Haha and you're absolutely spot on!

Mom’s energy seems higher, her mood better, and she says she feels more productive at work. It’s awesome.

Get Shredded!
Yes there is some forums, I seen them.. some have real actually drs that take time to answer questions

Back