• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Which type of cardio to feel good?

TheShadow

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Putting which cardio style is most efficient for improving body composition to the side for a second, which type of cardio gives the best 'high'?

Exercise-induced endorphin release depends on the intensity of the exercise.

In the research linked below, when comparing HIIT to a 60 minute moderate-intensity aerobic session, HIIT significantly increased the release of endorphins/opioids in the brain. No change was noted in the MISS cardio group.

HIIT also generated 'negative emotionality' in the subjects (stress, depression, anxiety), which was associated with greater endorphin release. The MISS group reported increased pleasurable/euphoric emotions.

In summary, as we all know, HIIT makes you feel dreadful. So pick MISS if feeling good is your primary goal with your cardio choice! Bare in mind, this may not be the best choice for your body composition goals, although an argument could be made that the better you feel, the greater your motivation and adherence to the task long-term.

https://www.nature.com/articles/npp2017148

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll just say that I don't do cardio to "feel good" nor to acheive a "high". I do cardio to strengthen my heart, improve blood circulation, manage blood pressure, and yes, to lose a few fat cells along the way too. HIIT might not be the absolute best for all that, but it certainly helps

Stairmaster makes me feel great after a 20 min session.

Back