• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Let's talk gas or electric Smoakers who has them?

johnjohn

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've always wanted a nice electric or gas smoker. I'm from the deep South I've always done it the hard way buy making my own pit and using coals from a fire. That takes a lot of work so I'm looking for something more simpler. Gas or electric so who has one give me some feed back which way to go. This is what I'm thinking
4731facba0051a35bf71755a95828a34.jpg
5b0481e238b15129367ef69d07000d5a.jpg

granabolic.is granabolic@protonmail.com

I got a pitbarrelcooker. It uses charcoal but is easy to use. I was skeptical but it had good reviews and I have not been disappointed with anything I cooked in it. It also has free shipping and made in America.

Pitbarrelcooker.com

I got a pitbarrelcooker. It uses charcoal but is easy to use. I was skeptical but it had good reviews and I have not been disappointed with anything I cooked in it. It also has free shipping and made in America.

Pitbarrelcooker.com
That's pretty cool are you able to keep heat while adding coals?
68f7d3020dcdaa2a80738b45b6c93a65.jpg

Yes but Sams and Costco sell a cheaper version. Ive had mine for four years and love it.

Any difference between the gas and the electric pros cons ?

I have had both. I prefer the electric. In Summer, I keep it on my back patio and in Winter I wheel it out of my garage 2 ft plug it in and done. The electric is easier to control the heat. It has an LED control display to set the temp and time, and an internal temp probe. Controlling the heat is key to good smoking or you end up with tough meat that you would have been better cooking in you kitchen. Smoked Salmon is the best.

LowT

I have an electric Master Craft and it’s brainless but everything comes out like it was done in an oven.
Real smoked meat has a smoke ring and you can only get that one way. Old fashioned hard work with wood.
If I had it to do over again I’d go with a pellet smoker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had a Traeger and loved it. Made some of the best of ribs and birds I have ever had. Real control IF you have the digital control.

A buddy cooked a bunch of stuff for us in his Big Green Egg. Turned out perfect. The missing link and key component is using a Barbeque Guru.

I have an electric smoker and it' bad ass. I used to smoke my ribs then wrap them and put them in the oven. Now I just wrap them and put them back in the smoker. Plus they sell a lot of different chips at academy. I have a custom smoker trailer and I use my electric more than my trailer.

Get Shredded!
I have an electric smoker and it' bad ass. I used to smoke my ribs then wrap them and put them in the oven. Now I just wrap them and put them back in the smoker. Plus they sell a lot of different chips at academy. I have a custom smoker trailer and I use my electric more than my trailer.
The one I'm looking at you can put your different flavored wood chips or charcoal in the bottom pan to give what ever flavor your going for. And it's still electric so you can pretty much set it and let it do it's on thing. Just add water soaked wood chips every now and then for more smoak. I'm wanting to do some pork butts and brisket something bad

i love my traegar, its an electric grill and smoker, you control the temp and you use wood pellets for incredible flavor. Costco sells them and their not too pricey

Back