• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Bench

mass121

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Which do you guys prefer, barbell or dumbbell?
I've always did barbell until about a year ago while I was on cycle. My pops (old school lifter) sugested going to dumbells for more range after I continuously bitched about the lack of growth and pump (weight went up, but not size) and i tried everything over the years. Running the plate racks/pyramids, to lower weight with 20 reps or to failure sets. I liked how my pecs felt like they were seizing along my sternum to across my chest with each lift of the dumbbells and finally achieving descent pumps with being able to get lower than with the barbell.

I used to PL so barbell for me. However, I now incorporate DB sets as well. I wish I had done so when I was competing. I feel with the increased range of motion with DB's I can strengthen the bottom of the bench press.

I prefer to do bench press, however, lately, I have been doing a lot of dumbbell work with my chest. I can get a lot lower like you said and really get a good pump in.

I do both barbell and db, switching them up once in a while.

I’ve been doing Barbell one week and then db the next, if I hit chest twice a week I’ll do db and Barbell. I can’t wait to hit the gym Monday. Been out for almost a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I feel your pain...I been sick the past days and my attempt at going to the gym today failed miserably as got gassed out quick on the stairmaster. Hoping to recharge tomorrow so I can hit the bench with full force Monday.

Ya I feel your pain...I been sick the past days and my attempt at going to the gym today failed miserably as got gassed out quick on the stairmaster. Hoping to recharge tomorrow so I can hit the bench with full force Monday.

Yessire. Nothing like starting the week off with some chest! Feel better brother! Positive energy my friend!

Yessire. Nothing like starting the week off with some chest! Feel better brother! Positive energy my friend!

Thanks brother...and same to you all who had the misfortune of catching the nasties.

I do prefer BB Bench Press. But, with seriously fecked up shoulders, I switch it up, and use the DB's.
Ive always done both anyways, but if I cant flat bench, I go heavy (for me) w/ dumbbells. The 115's are fine for me.
After 40 years of lifting, I can barely get my hands to head to wash my hair in the shower. (Torn delts of peace) :)

I do prefer BB Bench Press. But, with seriously fecked up shoulders, I switch it up, and use the DB's.
Ive always done both anyways, but if I cant flat bench, I go heavy (for me) w/ dumbbells. The 115's are fine for me.
After 40 years of lifting, I can barely get my hands to head to wash my hair in the shower. (Torn delts of peace) :)

I thought you were going to say it’s because you’re so swole not because of torn delts!

I'll use the BB when going with heavier weight or finishing out chest.

Yeah, the heavy sets done with bb then lighter ones to finish out sets using db. A great pump you get out of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta get your woman to wash your hair for you :p

Which ever you choose, be sure only do decline. Scream a lot and if using dumbbells, drop them in fantastic fashion after last rep.
Get up, look around to see who's watching then IMMEDIATELY check FB status.
Now, your chest probably will never grow but you'll get some decent triceps and by golly, you'll feel really strong.

Thats why I switched to pushups.
Too old to hurt all the time.

Dumbell for me. Shoulers can't do BB anymore. Actually hammer strength/cybex machine incline(the kind where you load your own plates) have been a life saver for me.

Back