• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Tesla Semi truck and Roadster event in 9 minutes

Being from the trucking industry I think an electric truck has a long upward battle.

You can fuel a diesel truck in 15 minutes, how long does it take to charge a battery?

Time is money, dead on arrival.

Being from the trucking industry I think an electric truck has a long upward battle.

You can fuel a diesel truck in 15 minutes, how long does it take to charge a battery?

He is saying 500 miles 30 min charge. No brakes to change ever, No tranny to service, 1 mil warranty.

That's pretty damn good.

How much? Sorry, don't have time for video.

I dunno the price. They said it's cheaper than a normal truck per mile. They averaged diesel at 2.50 a gallon when doing the comparison.

Did you see the roadster?
roadster that can do the 1/4 mile in 8.9 secs.

0-60 in 1.9 secs

Can go over 250+ mph

620 miles highway range.

10,000 nm torque.

Old thread, I know, but one point Musk makes is pretty powerful: The charging can be done *anywhere* you've got cables on the grid... like say, where the truck is being unloaded.

So the 15 minute refueling job at a station (along w travel to/from those stations) can potentially be cut out entirely. Only long haul will require charging stops at a station.

The trucks may still be hype, but if the design is feasible now then this switchover is completely inevitable. It'll change the entire trucking industry.

Put the lot lizards outta business :(

Back