• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

All the CCW folks:

I carry a Dan Wesson ECO .45 it’s a small compact 1911. Wouldn’t be without it. Best thing for anyone wanting to carrry is to find a gun you are comfortable with and practice.

Not sure how it is where you live but here one can have up to three weapons on one's CCW and must qualify with each. With this in mind it's important to choose a weapon that you're comfortable shooting and is comfortable wearing. When I first started carrying it was a USP9, which is a full sized frame and not generally considered a good conceal pistol, but it's what I felt most comfortable with. And ultimately carrying is useless unless you can group accurately and quickly.

I got a Springfield xd40 sub compact.. I like but it's heavy.. I'm normally in gym clothes all day so usually I carry my glock 42.. it's a .380 and has in 6+1 but man this is the best pocket pistol around... thing is amazing accurate for a little guy and recoil is very nice for a smaller frame... go to a shop and test some out.. see what you like best

I carry either a H&K USP9c, SIG P220r, or S&W 686pc.

The USP9 compact is my daily, it's small and light and lethal. I use the P220 if I'm going to be indoors as I'd rather use a larger, slower moving round where over-penetration is a concern. Lastly I carry the 686 when I'm in a rural setting- it's utterly reliable and a 148gr JHP has a fantastic one-shot stopping ratio.

My CCW was not hard to obtain.
They fixed the 220 right? Got rid of that funky euro mag release like on the 230?

You have a CCW? Like I said, gotta be connected. Lol!

I borrowed a USP in .40 to do my class. Never had one in my hand before and hadn't shot in 5 years. I still outshot everyone in the class. By a margin. USPs are solid pistols. Big, but solid. I always be a Sig guy. I do get a good price on them though.

Glocks and Glock clones are odd. You either like them or not. I think they are excellent, reliable pistols but I just never warmed up to them. I bought one of the first 27s available in California. Loved the size but never could get used to the switch from full sized Sigs.

They fixed the 220 right? Got rid of that funky euro mag release like on the 230?

You have a CCW? Like I said, gotta be connected. Lol!

You know me well Coach.

And yes, the last two generations of the 220 are super-usable with 1911 like thumb release magazines.

S&w shield or Glock 43. Way better accessories and holsters available in the aftermath and both are solid as it gets.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I switch it up often... beretta px4 storm, glock 23, walther ppk, or taurus CIA 650

Thanks for the input all. It’s not required in my state to have a ccw to carry and conceal, but I’m going to get it regardless to learn the current laws and to get some practice with a handgun. I’ve only ever shot rifles. To start off, I’m going to look at the m&p shield and a glock.

G19 is a solid choice. As stated earlier carry in the house. If you're not familiar with the firearm. Unload and clear then practice drawing reholstering while your at home just to get used to handling it.

Get Shredded!
G19 is a solid choice. As stated earlier carry in the house. If you're not familiar with the firearm. Unload and clear then practice drawing reholstering while your at home just to get used to handling it.

Glocks fatal flaw is that carrying one in the chamber isn't a safe option. Other than that they're probably the best bang-for-buck auto out there.

I would say get the Sig p230. One of the most versatile guns out there. You can have one gun with cheap kits switch from sub compact through full size. Also switch out calibers from 9 mm, 357, 40 and 45 all with same gun. Military just switched to this gun. Also it is extremely accurate striker fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glocks fatal flaw is that carrying one in the chamber isn't a safe option. Other than that they're probably the best bang-for-buck auto out there.
I've read that in places but luckily haven't had any first hand experience. Alot of the incidents I've read about happen when people use holsters that don't cover the trigger guard.

What is the love for glocks?? Heavy trigger,plastic no thanks 👎🏻. I’ll take a 1911 steel frame thumb safety any day.

Myself, I carry a cellphone. Don't fuck wit me.

Make sure you shoot a glock before you buy one. Most people absolutely love or can’t stand them

What is the love for glocks?? Heavy trigger,plastic no thanks . I’ll take a 1911 steel frame thumb safety any day.

Glocks make a great throwing weapon when it fails. The 1911 chassis is the only pistol to ever matter.

you can get ccw in cali, i got my wife an lc9 and it turns out its not an approve gun so now I have to get her something else

Yup lc9 is banned in Cali unless you're buying it used in California from a Californian.

you can get ccw in cali, i got my wife an lc9 and it turns out its not an approve gun so now I have to get her something else
I have an LC9 in California. I bought it here, has the gay ass "loaded chamber" marker and everything

Edit: I've had mine for a while. Can't even remember what year I bought it, probably 2010-11ish

I would say get the Sig p230. One of the most versatile guns out there. You can have one gun with cheap kits switch from sub compact through full size. Also switch out calibers from 9 mm, 357, 40 and 45 all with same gun. Military just switched to this gun. Also it is extremely accurate striker fire.

I think you mean the P229.
Or maybe the new P226?
The 230 is like a PPKS but better, except for the shitty euro mag release. The 230 isn't even around anymore. Now it's a 232.

I have an LC9 in California. I bought it here, has the gay ass "loaded chamber" marker and everything

Edit: I've had mine for a while. Can't even remember what year I bought it, probably 2010-11ish
same here, but you cant legally conceal carry it, I got it specifically because it was small for my wife to carry, afterwards I found out there was a list of approved firearms

Back