• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

W....T......F!!!!! Whys it blue?!?

kitchenchemist

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
5045bcca3413f317bc47b2a580840936.jpg

What the f^ck is that?!?
Ive been brewing for almost 15years (small and large quantities) and never had a blue finished product!!
Carrier: 100% EO (ive used it for 10yrs)
TestE 43.75g
TestC 43.75g
2% Ba
23% Bb

WTF

5045bcca3413f317bc47b2a580840936.jpg

What the f^ck is that?!?
Ive been brewing for almost 15years (small and large quantities) and never had a blue finished product!!
TestE 43.75g
TestC 43.75g
2% Ba
23% Bb

WTF
What kind of filter is in there brother PES,CN, Nylon or pvdf? However even if you do tell me what kind I don't think I have an answer for you but I would definitely like to hear what other people have to say we need the mad scientist AKA Tone. .

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ok. Few things first. why EO with 23% BB.. holy hell. What are the test ratios? I think I know what happened

Ok. Few things first. why EO with 23% BB.. holy hell. What are the test ratios? I think I know what happened
Bro you catch everything if I misspelled one word you correct me but GOD DAMN, why the hell would someone be abusing that much BB when using EO. I completely missed that. There was a time well there was about 5 years that I thought I was allergic to EO until this genius, mad scientist, or Tone whatever you want to call him told me about people not realizing when they are using EO or guiaiacol that they don't need to keep their solvent so high especially the BB. So to test out his theory I Shot 2ml of 100% Eo that night thinking I wouldn't be able to walk for a week the next day. Well just so everyone knows how smart this guy is I was fine the next day after 5 years I've not taken stuff like tne or any High mg gear just in case somebody have put EO in it.. keep in mind this guy has a master degree in chemistry I'm sure if I did I would know all this to..lol..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ive always kept my Benzyl solvents at a total percent of 25...........2% Ba and 23% Bb.
Never had an issue.

The final solution is 350mg/ml
175mg/ml Test E
175mg/ml Test C

EO and BB is likely breaking down that filter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dude. Get some mig840 and make that batch with only 8% BB.

If you only have MCT oil then use 10% BB.

I don't know if I miss where you said what type of filter membrane that is but my first guess is you're eating up your filters with those solvents.

Report back with what type of membrane that is if you haven't already!

I feel like you're doing a terrible job at answering questions. We can't help you if you won't answer our questions.

Lol I was thinking the same......why do you ask for help and then not answer Qs.

Sorry.....just reread my original post and noticed I didnt add the filter info.
Its a PVDF filter.....and guess what......its blue. FML

Sorry.....just reread my original post and noticed I didnt add the filter info.
Its a PVDF filter.....and guess what......its blue. FML
You filtering too hot maybe?
I'd re- filter and see what happens.

My guess would be not the filter but the housing. Pretty sure EO will break down polystyrene especially at the 100% EO and massive BB level. The blue should be the tip off here.

It's why so many of us use all glass filtering with PVDF membranes. I only use those bottle tops on simple oil recipes.

And you should really get some Pyrex receiving flasks. You can store the product in them, sterile, until you get around to packaging your stuff.

Coild it be that because you have been brewing so long you have failed to evolve?

My guess would be not the filter but the housing. Pretty sure EO will break down polystyrene especially at the 100% EO and massive BB level. The blue should be the tip off here.

It's why so many of us use all glass filtering with PVDF membranes. I only use those bottle tops on simple oil recipes.

And you should really get some Pyrex receiving flasks. You can store the product in them, sterile, until you get around to packaging your stuff.

Coild it be that because you have been brewing so long you have failed to evolve?

ZERO arguments from me.......Ive clearly missed a few steps in evolution.
Can it be refiltered and safe to use?

ZERO arguments from me.......Ive clearly missed a few steps in evolution.
Can it be refiltered and safe to use?
My take would be there will be some residual pigments and polymers left behind but probably these are negligible. We live in a world that surrounds us with toxic everything, I can't imagine a little blue plastic would matter. You get more poison from touching the gas pump handles.
Having said this, I would personally toss that batch. I am not interested in any cutting of corners or acceptability of sub-standards, but that's just me. Test is soooo cheap.
And for a very simple test like you brewed, I wouldn't waste EO when oil works fine.
I used some EO at 25% with no BB, Cyp 300, just to see if any of my clients had negative reactions to EO (as I had heard about) but otherwise I'm a GSO and/or Mig guy now.

When you have been doing something a while it is sometimes hard to evolve. I was using 18% BB straight across the board until recently.
Never knew any better, so you aren't alone.

Get Shredded!
My take would be there will be some residual pigments and polymers left behind but probably these are negligible. We live in a world that surrounds us with toxic everything, I can't imagine a little blue plastic would matter. You get more poison from touching the gas pump handles.
Having said this, I would personally toss that batch. I am not interested in any cutting of corners or acceptability of sub-standards, but that's just me. Test is soooo cheap.
And for a very simple test like you brewed, I wouldn't waste EO when oil works fine.
I used some EO at 25% with no BB, Cyp 300, just to see if any of my clients had negative reactions to EO (as I had heard about) but otherwise I'm a GSO and/or Mig guy now.

When you have been doing something a while it is sometimes hard to evolve. I was using 18% BB straight across the board until recently.
Never knew any better, so you aren't alone.

I definitely appreciate the help.
Im in a much different (life) situation than I was 10, even 5yrs ago. We all have incredible access to these materials, but the life I live now restricts alot of my contact with any of the compounds we use on a regular basis so Im going to refilter this batch and see how it goes.
Any easy suggestions for filtering materials? What to replace on that system I have pictured above?
Or are you saying the blue tint on this finished product will most likely have no negative effects?
Thanks again

Last edited:
I am far from as adept as Tone or some of these other cats but I DO know my way around a lab.
Let's just say I didn't really need to buy anything to start brewing on a larger scale than before.

On the blue residue...I don't know. It shouldn't have much effect. The body is absolutely amazing at pushing shit out that doesn't belong.
I don't think refiltering it with the same rig would present different results so you'd just be wasting another $15 filter.
Could you syringe filter it with PVDF and clean it up a bit? Maybe.

Just learn from this and be aware that EO can tear some shit up.

Last edited:
You can try cold filtering through a nylon filter. Chances are you you filtered too hot with too much solvent. You have a chance that you can save the batch by cold filtering causing the filter to crash out and be caught. But you may also be screwed or for safety just toss it. If you have to try something, cold filtering is all I know. Might try smaller filter runs. It's going to be slow even with all the EO

The correct answers are already given.. but a few things..

If this was some expensive raw like primo or Trest I would try to salvage it. Since its test you need to toss it and try again.

Test 350 (mct or grapeseed)
2%BA
14% BB

Test 350 (Mig840)
2%BA
8%BB (You can get away with 5% if you heat and stir correctly)

You need look into glass filtration systems (buncher funnel system would work nicely). Filter it while it's still warm but do not transfer to vials until the filter solution is at room temperature again. I say it all the time just from say measure... but hot oil expands and will throw off your measurements.

Ditch the plastic stuff. Go with a glass or porcelain system.

If you're going to refilter it then make sure you transfer it over to a glass container because the eo will melt the plastic receiver. It's the eo that is melting part of the filter so lowering the ratio will help.

Toss it, the solvents ate your filter and possibly the plastic, the nalgenes are worse I’ve had the mct oil break down the plastic on those and had to throw 1000ml of test 300 away because I mixed EO and PES membranes all because I didn’t do enough research

like others have said you can get that to hold with much lower solvent ratios, the less solvent the better IMO within reason

Hahahahahaha

sorry man, I’ve totally melted filters and half-dissolved the container before, so I feel you, but that shit is too funny.

If you can afford to be out this batch, personally I’d toss it. Injecting something you know might have broken-down plastic and filter membrane in it seems less than ideal.

Sooo my second year chemistry is currently failing me but is this one of the reasons why I always store my vials upright?

TestE 43.75g
TestC 43.75g
2% Ba
23% Bb

How did you come up with that recipe? And what's the need for both test e and c? Both are pretty much the same. You probably could make it with just test e and no BB at all...

I love reviewing bumped threads and seeing that I gave good advice, Builds my ego. Although not necessary.

Last week I used the last bottletop filter I had laying around because I was too lazy to wash and sterilize my just used glass rig.
Half way through filtering a liter the stuff in the hopper started turning blue. I poured it out PDQ and refiltered all of it with PROPER filtration.
Came out crystal clear. I don't worry anyway because most of my consumers are brown, so you wouldn't see a blue tinge to their skin anyway.

My carriers/co-solvents were Mig and EO.

Seriously, you can get a Chinese filter rig off eBay for $60 mas o menos. I bought 23 PVDF membranes for $60 off eBay too so I didn't even have to order 300 of them.

Cutting corner just doesn't pay.

Back