• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Question About Donating Blood

Bundy74

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I have really been having the urge to clean out the pipes and flush out some blood. It has been way too long since I have done so. My question is though, what risks do I run if I donate while on cycle? How does this change the balance in the system and will I need to adjust the daily protocol after I donate.
I just started this cycle this past Monday so I am fresh in and have a looooong way to go but just getting an idea of what I can expect or what I will need to afterward.

You only donate about 350-400ml
Which is like 8-10% of your total blood. You can lose upto 30% without significant effects.
Most of the blood volume will be back to normal within minutes. Volume of plasma will increase. Your RBC count and hematocrit will decrease though.
Make sure you are well hydrated.
The only risk you have if of infections from the needle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I know you can donate during the cycle, no problem.the most important thing is not to have chronic diseases and they clean the blood after donation.as for you, you don't have any side effects during donation.as well you can think that you loose vitamins-minerals what you got from the food while donation.

Yeah don't work out after you donate either

Over the years I have done it more times then I care to say and honestly about 20% of the time I have seen swelling and bruising and pain at the site of the inejction from doing this. It can actually damage that area. Mind you, somtimes this is from too large of a needle being used, but it can happen and once it does you will instantly regret it.

I've gambled many a times and gotten away with it, but I have been burnt several times, and now that I am older, I err on the side of caution and feel like that is the right advise to give.

Good luck sir

Yeah don't work out after you donate either

Over the years I have done it more times then I care to say and honestly about 20% of the time I have seen swelling and bruising and pain at the site of the inejction from doing this. It can actually damage that area. Mind you, somtimes this is from too large of a needle being used, but it can happen and once it does you will instantly regret it.

I've gambled many a times and gotten away with it, but I have been burnt several times, and now that I am older, I err on the side of caution and feel like that is the right advise to give.

Good luck sir

I am a regular blood donor for years. Even before I started bodybuilding. I have never had this issue of bruising.
I think they used a thicker gauge needle and the person doing it was not an expert. May be some trainee ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But as far as it impacting my cycle is there any concern with that? Will it interrupt the level of AAS in the stream? Will I need to increase the dose to make up for the small amount lost or is it a drop in the bucket and have no real impact on the cycle?

But as far as it impacting my cycle is there any concern with that? Will it interrupt the level of AAS in the stream? Will I need to increase the dose to make up for the small amount lost or is it a drop in the bucket and have no real impact on the cycle?
I have donated blood a couple days before blood draw many times while cruising and it had no effect on my test levels.

Nothing measurable whatsoever.

If you are blasting I can guarantee you it will have no effect.

I have donated blood a couple days before blood draw many times while cruising and it had no effect on my test levels.

Nothing measurable whatsoever.

If you are blasting I can guarantee you it will have no effect.

Thanks Skip and as most who have ever seen my protocols will attest to I likely have more gear than blood in my system so thats a relief. I was thinking I would deflate like a balloon when I walked out there.

Thanks Skip and as most who have ever seen my protocols will attest to I likely have more gear than blood in my system so thats a relief. I was thinking I would deflate like a balloon when I walked out there.
LOL! I always feel better after donating EXCEPT I get tired from losing a pint of blood, but that is only for a day at most.

If your eligible to donate double red they fill you back up with fluids and hydrate you. I was also told its a smaller gauge needle used to draw double red by the tech. I love donating double red and feel great when I leave.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
I have never done double reds but I always donate on cycle . Makes me feel so much better .

Double red requires a specific blood type (im o-) and I'm not sure height is a requirement for standard blood donation but you must be at least so tall to donate double red. I asked why that is as I know double red is often giving to babies maybe they dont want short kids running around lol. The tech didn't know why the height restrictions.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Back