• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Opioid Crisis

Get Shredded!
addiction is not a choice man,,, do you not get that? you are admittedly depressed , does that make you an idiot? do you choose to be depressed?
well lots of people would argue you control your thoughts. so you can control whether or not to be depressed
This ^^^^^^^ I've never met ONE person that was an addict of some sort that is happy to say "I wanna grow up to be an ADDICT"....Thats like saying people who get cancer said...I wanna grow up and get CANCER!!!

NO homey...shit don't work that way.!!! You need to educate yourself before you speak on a subject you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!!!

With your mental illness...I would LOVE to see you 2-3 days into a non medicated detox...then holla back about how all these "ADDICTS WANTED TO BE ADDICTS"....there may be a few sick people who actually do love being an addict.
90% DO NOT WANNA BE AN ADDICT.

CHECK YOURSELF...YOU ALREADY WRECKED yourself Slick....Stick to topics you know ABOUT!!!

Shout out to Captn and BC..Flsnake...and any others who KNOW what they're talking about

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This ^^^^^^^ I've never met ONE person that was an addict of some sort that is happy to say "I wanna grow up to be an ADDICT"....Thats like saying people who get cancer said...I wanna grow up and get CANCER!!!

NO homey...shit don't work that way.!!! You need to educate yourself before you speak on a subject you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!!!

With your mental illness...I would LOVE to see you 2-3 days into a non medicated detox...then holla back about how all these "ADDICTS WANTED TO BE ADDICTS"....there may be a few sick people who actually do love being an addict.
90% DO NOT WANNA BE AN ADDICT.

CHECK YOURSELF...YOU ALREADY WRECKED yourself Slick....Stick to topics you know ABOUT!!!

Shout out to Captn and BC..Flsnake...and any others who KNOW what they're talking about

I’d truly love to see him kick from a heroin habit with no medication to help ease WD symptoms. I believe I saw in some other post on here about his mental diagnoses and how he isNt on medication right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d truly love to see him kick from a heroin habit with no medication to help ease WD symptoms. I believe I saw in some other post on here about his mental diagnoses and how he isNt on medication right now.

Exactly bro., and even worse to watch a loved one suffer from this disease!!

Better than a non medicated WD(which is only bout 5-7 days of hell and it's over)... let him get hooked on Suboxone or Methadone. Go COLD TURKEY off one of those. 40 days of hell or longer of miserable suicidal hell WD's.... No sleep...joints feel like grenades exploded inside them...feeling like it will never stop...skin crawling like a snake...the whole 9yds.!!!

I feel ya brother and I'M GLAD your alive to share your story. Thanks to Narcan that is cheap as hell and easy to use. If we as humans truly care about one another than NOBODY would be bitching about giving some $1.92 per dose of Narcan.
Look how expensive Cancer drugs are...Nobody is saying just let the cancer patients die...Nope., yet both are a disease.!!

Hot damn I could debate this till my device blows up...lol..

At any rate brother I'm glad Narcan saved your life and gave you a second chance or even 7 chances!! These people don't understand., and many fail to realize they're awarded more than ONE second chance. I bet they have been in more than 7 fights with their girl/wife and got 7 or more chances to fix the relationship.

To some degree you can prevent depression, vitamin D , more or less social interaction change in diet .i did heroin because I had a huge hydrocele and it messed with my sleeep. My. Buddy sold. h and. Painkillers said doin H was like taking ten Vicodin . I used Vicodin to. Get off H took me a week .

No. Just no.

If one suffers from clinical depression or any other mental health disorder you cannot and will not eradicate said disorder through vitamin D, change of diet and less social interaction. In fact, less social interaction for someone who meets diagnostic criteria for clinical depression furthers depression and could prove detrimental.

Are you suggesting that one limit social interaction because their depressed only coming out when they feel better?

You can not prevent something like clinical depression, bipolar, schizophrenia, borderline personality disorder, etc etc through the means you just suggested. These disorders are a result of chemical imbalances in the brain thus requiring treatment through medication and talk therapy. A lot of people, not all, who suffer from addiction have cooccurring disorders.

From a psychological point of view, self medicating is substance abuse. You stated that you used heroin because it was like taking 10 Vicodin. Welp, if you’re taking Norco on top of heroin especially in amounts not prescribed, your abusing medication. Even if your not taking it on top of heroin you’re still abusing heroin.

I think we are getting trolled hard, but I'll play along.

To think that the person doing the drugs is the only one suffering you are sadly mistaken.

Just a couple examples over the last few months.

A guy I know works close by and we talk from time to time. We got on the subject of drug abuse and how random it is. He has friends at church that have a son with all the potential of being very successful in life. Great parents, did very well in school, very sociable and so on. Because of his addiction to meth they have just about lost all contact with him. They do know of a highway overpass he sleeps under from time to time and try and stay in contact with him but that is far and few between. It absolutely has torn his family up. Every waking day they wonder if they are going to get that call of him ODing or dead. They are under such enormous stress nothing can help console them and life is a living hell to them, as it was explained to me.

Another example, my wife and a friend were downtown shopping about a month ago at a mall with restaurants and shops, very, very nice setting. On there way from the parking lot to the mall there were some druggies hanging out together. As my wife walked by she observed a young woman that looked very much like our 27 year old daughter....strung out so bad she could barely keep her eyes open. So, so vulnerable my all my wife could think of is that is someones baby and how awful this is to the point she started crying. My wife is a great interventionist but she had no idea how she could have helped as she probably would have got her ass beat by the mangy bunch this young lady was with.

Anyways, by many peoples perspective I am an asshole, can be crass and demeaning but when it comes to the issues of drug abuse I do have empathy for the abuser and the family.

I think we are getting trolled hard, but I'll play along.

To think that the person doing the drugs is the only one suffering you are sadly mistaken.

This ^^^^^ is 1000% spot on.!!!

Trolled hard = for sure but it makes for good conversation.

Absolutely getting trolled, just shows how ignorant he is though.

Drug addiction has a ripple effect, not only does it hurt those close to you but reaches out into the community and then further out state and world.

Absolutely getting trolled, just shows how ignorant he is though.

Drug addiction has a ripple effect, not only does it hurt those close to you but reaches out into the community and then further out state and world.

Your absolutely CORRECT brother.!! Look at what Skip just shared with us. The FAMILY is suffering hardest in his first example.

The 2nd story (like u said touches many more)., his wife happened to see an addict in a bad situation to the point that it effected her and she didn't even know the girl. That's a caring person. So your right when u say it touches more than just family of addicts.

This is a LEGIT problem all over the U.S.

I honestly don't have an answer as to what would help us as a nation with addiction. It varies so much from person to person. I do FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT Narcan should be available and used to save lives. We didn't have nearly as many OD's and deaths till DEA went ape shit on Dr's prescribing pain meds. Now people with legit pain issues are turning to Heroin for the cheaper price and stronger effects. Unfortunately dealer's are using small amounts of fent. to stretch out their H. When I was hooked on pain meds I was using Pharma pain meds. Not that one is better than the other but with a Pharma pill I knew what I was taking., I knew how much to take., and what to expect. With a baggie of white powder an addict doesn't TRULY know what it is....many load up thinking their gonna have a nice high., not realizing their loading their funeral.

Ughhh....just a horrible situation all around.

I have a younger sister who's addicted to heroin, she's been in rehab over a dozen times. Stole money and anything of value from every family member and friend who's tried to help her, she finally has no one left to turn to and is living on the streets. She also has diabetes and between the drugs and neglect of proper insulin use she has liver and kidney failure. We're expecting her to die anytime now. She's been hospitalized so many times for overdose I can't count, they had to use defibrillator on her twice.

I have a younger sister who's addicted to heroin, she's been in rehab over a dozen times. Stole money and anything of value from every family member and friend who's tried to help her, she finally has no one left to turn to and is living on the streets. She also has diabetes and between the drugs and neglect of proper insulin use she has liver and kidney failure. We're expecting her to die anytime now. She's been hospitalized so many times for overdose I can't count, they had to use defibrillator on her twice.

That is a shame...extremely sad situation to say the least.

IML Gear Cream!
A big % of herion overdose deaths sadly are addicts that relapsed thinking they can hit the old dose they were use too. Another large group is ones that were accustomed to shitty herion and happened to come across good stuff. Darknet herion dealers with good stuff commonly require funds in escrow before delivery for that reason. My brother did 5 years for a lousy meth lab he had to sustain his habit. Its been 7 years since his release,life and depression hit him hard recently and he relapsed and got caught w another shitty lab. Some addict bailed him out,his fiancee has 2 kids and he has two young girls from a crazy ex wife. Its very difficult to go through all this again and of course I'm angry with him but by no means am I on my high horse passing judgement BC he manufactured meth and I choose steriods. During the pain clinic epidemic I refused pain meds for years over my back then when I did need them I was unable to get any scripts. I turned to street pharma merely to continue working but I was hooked. After I moved I was prescribed methadone low dose for my back last few years but my Dr left state and had to take me off them. No Dr will even take me as a pain Dr BC I was given the methadone and I've been told goto the methadone clinic and sit with the junkies. Thankfully I found Vicaine and I don't have to drive to the next state for a daily dose of methadone or buy off the street. Toss in my wife who is insulin dependant, 34 years old and just diagnosed from stage 3 to stage 4 kidney disease I'm opting to go back on welbutrin for depression as a precaution. Vitamin d isn't going to cut it....

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

REHH., I'm very sorry to hear that man. Thats another bad thing about addiction....people often neglect their normal health needs cuz that demon has a hold of them and they live from high to high. Again very sorry man. Warm thoughts and best wishes sent to you and your family.

I’m sorry to hear this brother. I know there might not be much that I can do but just let me know. I work in the recovery industry and deal with this stuff on the daily.

You know, I was in LOVE with doing heroin. Fuck. I enjoyed the whole process. The chase to get the dope or money, coppin’, fixing and shooting that shit right into my vein. I’m grateful that I made it out alive. Now that I’m in recovery I’ve had to learn how to fall in love with recovery.

I fucking hate heroin and I’m so mad at it. It’s taken so many of my friends. In fact, this morning on the way back to my apartment, I saw a guy I used to cop dope with walking down the street. Looking miserable. I’ve seen him 4 times in the last month or two. One day I saw him shooting up at a gas pump with a needle in his neck. Fuck. It was like looking at myself. No regard for anyone or anything. All that mattered was that dope and then getting more dope.

Thanks for all the well wishes, there's really nothing that can be done at this point, she's robbed my parents blind, stole everything outta the house, stole their cars, tools, cash, jewelery, credit cards, the list goes on and on, she even stole all the spoons. The only one that can help her at this point is herself but it's probably beyond that point as well with the organ failure.

Thanks for all the well wishes, there's really nothing that can be done at this point, she's robbed my parents blind, stole everything outta the house, stole their cars, tools, cash, jewelery, credit cards, the list goes on and on, she even stole all the spoons. The only one that can help her at this point is herself but it's probably beyond that point as well with the organ failure.

Thats how my ex was . I got her clean for a minute using synthetic weed but after 10 days she had to have her dope

My mom, no joke, used to hide the spoons when I came over. She would always get mad because she didn’t have a matching set.

That's what I'm talking about bro. The human factor in all this. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Crazy ex-wife has lost everything to meth, including kids, the use of her legs, finances, friends, family the works. And she is a twisted fucked up animal.

In an ideal world I'd put a bullet in her head, but the kids would never forgive me.

<insert giant winkfinger here>

That is terrible and sorry to hear it. I am sitting here thinking how I would feel if my sister was strung out and living on the streets and it is hard to fathom how you deal with it.

Yeah it's gotten real bad down here in the southeastern US. Pills being cut with Phentanol. You can't trust anyone. I broke my ankle and they barely gave me any pain meds bc of the epidemic and im.actually in pain. You can't find much down here and if you do it high as hell

Its about to be declared a " state of emergency" here in philly because of the opiod epidemic.People are dieing left and right from Fentynol and the way more dangerous Carfentynol which narcone does NOT BRING BACK people

Get Shredded!
addiction is not a choice man,,, do you not get that? you are admittedly depressed , does that make you an idiot? do you choose to be depressed?
well lots of people would argue you control your thoughts. so you can control whether or not to be depressed
Addiction is a choice!!! I was in meth for 17 years, I, ME, MYSELF, no one else had a thought, I entertained that thoughts and before long, I made a CHOICE to use. The only drug that is a physical addictive is opiates, after a few times the body actually becomes addicted. The other drugs are all mentally addictive. But at the end of the day, I make my own choices and you do the same, this addiction isn't a choice is BULLSHIT, people say they are born this way BULLSHIT, THEY MAKE A FREE MORAL CHOICE TO DO SO. I DONT USE METH ANYMORE, WHY? I MADE A CHOICE NOT TO!!!!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yea the shit is getting really bad. You know its bad when middle/high school nurses have Narcan on hand in the office. I just have no idea how this epidemic will ever get under control. I wasn't around for the crack/cocaine epidemic in the 80s so I don't know how they got that shit under control but something, anything, needs to be done about the heroin epidemic. The more fentanyl that begins to move into the states the more deaths there are going to be. You never know what you are getting in the dope now a days. Down where I am from, it is all black tar, but it is super easy to cut that shit, so I guess that doesn't matter. The needle exchange in my city gives out Fentanyl testing strips for people to test their dope before they bang it.

My friend from h.s overdosed on heroin. Another friend is in prison for distribution and possession. It’s funny how shit works out in small towns . If you aren’t into sports or a slut you’re a druggy.

I will say this, I have been addicted to cigs, coke, oxcys, and H... not due to choice, other than cigs and coke, DR put me on oxcys after a injury and 5 years later cut me off with no help at all so I did what anyone would and turned to H.. Went down that road 3 years lost everything including freedom, got out received no help in jail other than suffer through it , first thing I did was grab a bag of H, felt so ashamed of myself.. fast forward 5 years for the most part clean still get a itch every now and then and fall off.. BUT it is a disease ..NOT a choice, I would much rather choose to live a happy go lucky life but at this point its not in the cards

I will say this, I have been addicted to cigs, coke, oxcys, and H... not due to choice, other than cigs and coke, DR put me on oxcys after a injury and 5 years later cut me off with no help at all so I did what anyone would and turned to H.. Went down that road 3 years lost everything including freedom, got out received no help in jail other than suffer through it , first thing I did was grab a bag of H, felt so ashamed of myself.. fast forward 5 years for the most part clean still get a itch every now and then and fall off.. BUT it is a disease ..NOT a choice, I would much rather choose to live a happy go lucky life but at this point its not in the cards
It's not a disease it a choice and ones that do not want to own up to their CHOICE THEY MAKE. Think about buddy really think,

It's not a disease it a choice and ones that do not want to own up to their CHOICE THEY MAKE. Think about buddy really think,

I agree with Heroin it is a physical addiction but every other drug is a mental addiction and you actually make a choice to use that drug

I agree with Heroin it is a physical addiction but every other drug is a mental addiction and you actually make a choice to use that drug

The medical communities along with big pharma are making BANK, while living to you and telling you it's a disease and we have what can cure that disease....lol rrally

thats why I said other than cigs and coke, yes thats a mental but oxcys and H are physical, I ddint make the choice to get hurt and get put on and addicted to them, I didnt make the choice to be cut off with no warning, I didnt make the choice not to be given any means of treatment toward it, america has to do something other than lock ppl up and say here you go cause the end result will be the same

Addiction is, in fact, a disease of the brain sir. I'd like to see your supporting documentation or research that proves otherwise. Yes people make the conscious choice to do drugs however it is indeed a disease of the brain. Addiction is caused by a number of factors including behavioral, environmental and biological factors. Try telling a heroin addict just to stop doing dope. See how well that works. If it were really a matter of choice then they'd just stop. Try telling someone who has Type I diabetes to just stop having T1D. Tell someone with ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, Sociopaths, Psychopaths, OCD, to just stop. By your logic, its just a choice therefore they should just be able to stop.

Last edited:
essentially anymore doctors do not prescribe any pain meds......they give Tramadol or Gaberpentin then refer you to a pain mgt center. I need a hip replacement + piraformis syndrome hwich is severe sciatica. They prescribe bullshit. So you have to go to the pain mgt centers and they work their way up from Tramadol/Gaberpentin/800mg ibuprofen to narcotics. takes a few months. Fucking easier to walk down to the park and score.

What these motherfucking doctors fail to acknowledge is THEY created this crisis. Now the people that actually need the drugs cannot get them. It is so much bullshit it is ridiculous.

Back