• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Food dehydrator ?

sixsix250

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Any of you Juice heads use a food dehydrator? If so what brand and do you like it? Do you have a link? What do you use it for? Any good recipes?
I'm ready to start to make my own jerky and dried fruits BUT I know absolutely nothing about it lol.
Let me know your secrets damn it !
I'm looking to buy one in the next 2 weeks. Preferably under 100 bucks unless it makes a HUGE difference.
Hopefully I can get some advice

Last edited:
Yep! Get this one. It's very easy to use and works great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...dehydrator&dpPl=1&dpID=51corH4nYUL&ref=plSrch

You can use any kind of meat really. The gun it comes with let's you make strips from ground meat at well.

I use pectoral meat from the butcher since it's lean and cheaper then flank.

It comes with seasons and they are actually really good.
It was you!!
Did you post up some jerky that you made in a thread?
I'm an Amazon Prime addict lol
I'll have to find a local butcher. Always wanted to buy a 1/4 cattle.
Did you get the extra tray or the fruit roll things ?
The gun looks interesting. Looks like this has great reviews too

How long have you owned yours?
Thanks brother!

It comes with everything fit the fruit stuff to. They are solid trays that sit in the regular ones.

I've had mine about a month now. Love it .

Everyone should own a dehydrator, a slow cooker and a vac seal machine. They make life sooo much easier and keep waste doen to a bare minimum.

Everyone should own a dehydrator, a slow cooker and a vac seal machine. They make life sooo much easier and keep waste doen to a bare minimum.
Funny you say that,
I have 3 slow cookers and love them but the very next thing on my list was a vac seal machine. I buy in bulk and double saran wrap my portions and then put that into a large labeled plastic freezer bag . I've been looking at them for a couple weeks on Amazon.
Any suggestions ?
I'm just going by reviews right now. Looks like I can get a good basic machine for around 65-75 bucks.
I really want to get a nice hunk of whole rib eye and dry age it then trim it up and cut my steaks out then vac seal and freeze.
I've watched plenty of videos but still nervous about waiting a month to find out I messed up a $300 piece of meat lol.

Keep in mind you can vac seal and age them in the fridge to.... so lets say a steak cut vac sealed for a week or two will make it super tender. Dry aging makes a big different on the texture with even a cheap cut

Keep in mind you can vac seal and age them in the fridge to.... so lets say a steak cut vac sealed for a week or two will make it super tender. Dry aging makes a big different on the texture with even a cheap cut
I did watch 1 video where the guy dry aged a steak after he vac sealed it. I'll have to look into that method a bit more. Probably a good way to start.
I've done a salt cure dry aged. It's like a fast ghetto version. Salt both sides place on wires rack then fridge for 24-48 hrs. It actually did make a big difference. The meat got a deep rich red color and the flavor/texture was so much better.
So you have a suggestion on brand? I'm probably over researching this, not sure if it makes a huge difference for what I'll use it for.

IML Gear Cream!
This is what i use, i make about 30 pounds of ground wild boar jerky every few weeks.... i get rave reviews
4e8fc2e1cdb66e07e87d4566e63295f8.jpg
df81e74371328d213f158fa1ce7280a0.jpg
2a6bbb3e214378b0e0d1c8a023b1c317.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I did watch 1 video where the guy dry aged a steak after he vac sealed it. I'll have to look into that method a bit more. Probably a good way to start.
I've done a salt cure dry aged. It's like a fast ghetto version. Salt both sides place on wires rack then fridge for 24-48 hrs. It actually did make a big difference. The meat got a deep rich red color and the flavor/texture was so much better.
So you have a suggestion on brand? I'm probably over researching this, not sure if it makes a huge difference for what I'll use it for.

Bed Bath and Beyond sells a good unit. The brand i cant think of of the top of my head.

Wow!
Please explain what you have here. Is this something you put together?
It is an excaliber dehydrator.

I used parts of a jerky cannon and a milwaukee cordless caulking gun to extrude the strips out of the double barrel extruder tip.

It makes quick work of making 30 lbs

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Back