• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Need to vent

macedog24

PSL Rep
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My 20 year old son has been dealing with a cyst wrapped around the nerves located at the base of his spine. He is always in pain.
He has been working for just over 6 months. So they fired him just when his insurance kicked in .. we are seeking legal advice about this issue to see if we have a case or not. I've been texting him today and I've been wondering why I haven't got a response back I've been at work. I guess about 4 a.m. he thought he could go to the hospital and tell them he's in too much pain he doesn't stay this way or live this way thinking they would prescribe him something to help with pain, instead I got a call that he was admitted and being held in the hospital for suicide watch.. now he is not being released. So I'm on my way up to the hospital as we speak.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

If his employer has paid the insurance premium it's usually good until the end of the month

Sorry to hear this brother

once you say you may harm yourself or if someone reports that you said you may harm yourself they will kidnap you and make you take a mandatory mental evaluation. it's a bunch of bullshit. but I can tell he's in a bunch of pain and is not in a good mental state all due to the nerve pain. that's some serious shit. I hope it all works out for you guys.

once you say you may harm yourself or if someone reports that you said you may harm yourself they will kidnap you and make you take a mandatory mental evaluation. it's a bunch of bullshit. but I can tell he's in a bunch of pain and is not in a good mental state all due to the nerve pain. that's some serious shit. I hope it all works out for you guys.
Nerve pain is a whole other level of pain. Its no joke. I have sciatica from bulging discs and its take your breath away pain.

If his employer has paid the insurance premium it's usually good until the end of the month

Sorry to hear this brother
Thanks .Just leaving the E.R. talk in a bit.
We got them to release him to us. Im suprised after everything i was just told.

Thanks everyone for the support!
Heavy, swiper, gneo, tmart, suraonyx, nwguy,
Machinist.. I Really do appreciate it.
Im at a loss for words! He left the house about 4am. Left a note in his room. He had to of taken an uber! He told the psychiatrist he took a few different pain meds and was gonna jump off a bridge. Anyway ill be on throughout the nite.. We didnt tell his brothers or sisters. They asked where we were earlier and where yhere brother was.

Thanks everyone for the support!
Heavy, swiper, gneo, tmart, suraonyx, nwguy,
Machinist.. I Really do appreciate it.
Im at a loss for words! He left the house about 4am. Left a note in his room. He had to of taken an uber! He told the psychiatrist he took a few different pain meds and was gonna jump off a bridge. Anyway ill be on throughout the nite.. We didnt tell his brothers or sisters. They asked where we were earlier and where yhere brother was.

I'm sorry to hear this. Suicidal thoughts are the worst. You feel like you will never get past it. The hole you are in just gets deaper. I've been there not to long ago. Its up to him to snap out of it. Your in a fog. Can't see clearly. Things that made you happy don't have any meaning any more. I wouldn't talk to anyone and stayed away from family and friends as much as i could. Sorry for going on about this but i feel his pain . Feels so hopeless. I hope he gets the help he needs.
I wish i had the answer for you mace. Just support him and hopefully he will come back from this.

Talk to him and love him. If he wants to talk spend as much time listening as you can.

bro, I'm really sorry man, you gotta see if you can help him cope with the pain. maybe try medical marijuana. I dont smoke but a lot of people claim it works

Debilitating pain can take you to a very dark place. My son has a 3 level fusion in L3,4,5 in a couple weeks. Been living on Fentanyl patches for a couple years.
Pure hell.
All you can do is support him brother, you can't take the pain away.
Hoping for a good outcome for your son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to hear this, has to be tough, stay strong big mann

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

A therapist once told me, in response to someone I know committing suicide, that you equate the mental position as sorta "temporary insanity."

I believe there is truth to this. Good thing is it is temporary.

I knew this older woman. Her daughter had "attempted" suicide a few times. It always seemed like attention seeking, until she eventually succeeded in her final attempt.

So taking things ppl say or do with regards to suicide have to be taken seriously.

Thank you everyone for all the support!!!! It truly means a lot.
He is a good kid. Him getting fired from his job, because of his back and getting sick due to the pain , I think pushed him over the edge. We had been waiting for his insurance to kick in so he could finally get the help he needs. We found a surgeon in texas that deals with his problem. The only one we know of. He has excellent results and his patients rave about him! He has dealt with this for the last few years .For a long time time they(DR.) tried to insist it was in his head. When they finally found the cyst , we were relieved it wasnt anything worse! But no one wanted anything to do with this or him due to the risk and location. So when we finally found someone , and told him, he was very excited and relieved. Now, he is back to square one. Obviously This has overwhelmed him and taken a serious toll on his state of mind.
Again thank you everyone for all your support. We will keep him close and make sure he knows he is loved and keep him involved with the family. Now im gonna try and see what i can work out to get him surgery or add him to my insurance..
I appreciate everyone here and all your comments and support.

Get Shredded!
I feel so bad for your son and you Mace. All he can do is take it one day at a time and hope for the best. He is way too young to have to deal with that. It always seem like bad things happen to good people.

Good luck mace.. hope he gets better. There is nothing worse in this world than to see your kids suffering and not be able to help.

Thank you everyone for all the support!!!! It truly means a lot.
He is a good kid. Him getting fired from his job, because of his back and getting sick due to the pain , I think pushed him over the edge. We had been waiting for his insurance to kick in so he could finally get the help he needs. We found a surgeon in texas that deals with his problem. The only one we know of. He has excellent results and his patients rave about him! He has dealt with this for the last few years .For a long time time they(DR.) tried to insist it was in his head. When they finally found the cyst , we were relieved it wasnt anything worse! But no one wanted anything to do with this or him due to the risk and location. So when we finally found someone , and told him, he was very excited and relieved. Now, he is back to square one. Obviously This has overwhelmed him and taken a serious toll on his state of mind.
Again thank you everyone for all your support. We will keep him close and make sure he knows he is loved and keep him involved with the family. Now im gonna try and see what i can work out to get him surgery or add him to my insurance..
I appreciate everyone here and all your comments and support.

I thought you could keep them on insurance until 26?

https://www.chministries.org/programs.aspx

My friend belonged to this a long time ago. Basically, you pay 150 a month. You can't miss a payment. You go to your doctors or whoever, and when you get the bill, you submit it. The members paying into it basically are paying the cost. Check it out.

I'm very sorry to hear all this brotha., severe pain can and will change a person. Just remember that your boy is still the same boy inside somewhere and when he gets his pain relieved from his treatment he will be back to himself in no time. That's gotta be a really tough situation for a 20yr old to deal with man. Best of luck to your young man and family MDog.

Some mental health places have connections for other medical treatment. I went to rehab and had surgery on my varicocelle and hernia 100% free through the place . Perhaps he's faking the suicidal thing just trying to get treatment. I hope that's the case here and wish you and your son luck in getting his life back to normal

https://www.chministries.org/programs.aspx

My friend belonged to this a long time ago. Basically, you pay 150 a month. You can't miss a payment. You go to your doctors or whoever, and when you get the bill, you submit it. The members paying into it basically are paying the cost. Check it out.
I will thank you.

I thought you could keep them on insurance until 26?
Im trying to get him on mine. Enrollment opens up soon. I can only add someone in november.

Back