• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Rack pulls for thicker back

uberdawg

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm going to begin implementing rack pulls into my routine to help thicken up my back. I've never really done them before and was wondering what the recommended set rep range would be for this would be.

I love these. I would use 10-12.

I like going between 6-8 reps on most exercises these days but, there is quite a bit of risk to strain your lower back doing pulls so, a little higher on reps and stop just short of failure.

Play with the bar placement at the bottom too. I like to pull from right at the knee or a bit higher so I take as much glute she ham out of the movement as possible. Just think about really crushing your back together at contraction instead of pulling up.

Montego nailed it. Great exercise all around for size in this area, low - mid range reps and you will definitely have to play around with where you want the rack pins to be placed so that you get good range but also keep things safe and effective. Definitely was an exercise that I used in the past to bring up some thickness I needed and can also help with your lock out if you have a sticking point in your deadlifts at knee height or above.

I pull from at, or a bit below the knees. Different rep ranges depending on weight. Keep core tight. Always wear a belt. I prefer it over deadlifts. I physically cannot do deadlifts anymore.

If you are intending to target your back, rack pulls are a better exercise then deadlifts.

Can use much more weight and only hit the muscle intended to target.

I love rack pulls/ I do them DC style so 1 set of 10-12 followed by a heavier set of 6-8. I pull from just below the knee. Its one of the few exercises that still make my traps sore

Back