• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Calf Position

SR Health US Rep

Board Rep
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
When you think of the development of the calf you think of the standards like seated press, standing press and bent over raise. Question is, do you bros feel foot position makes a difference in the isolation or development of the calf?
Straight, pointed in, pointed out

Thanks
http://www.srhealthtech.com/

I don't think foot position matters one bit for calves, at least it has never mattered for me. Your genetic makeup dictates your calf development, not foot position. Anyone who believes otherwise is fooling themselves.

I've tried them all and now have to agree with what TouaregV8 said.

Ive watched the actual movement in the the seated and donkey versions and it doesnt look like in or out make a difference as the same group appears to be doing the heavy lifting.

Heavy weight and consistency but even at that for some reason this muscle group has its genetic limitations more than most others.

Agreed with the rest. Consistency has given shape and vascularity to mine but as far as actual size the road has been long and mundane. Genetics are a huge factor, I have large very developed traps that tie down my back and look pretty good.... I don't train my traps bc if I did they would be almost clown like. It's a genetic thing. However, I believe that regardless of genetics the calf is a stubborn muscle to grow for most.

My genetics screwed me in the calf department, I was so pissed at how small they were last year I bought a calf raise machine off amazon for 150$ and put that SOB right in front of the tv lol it helped a lot with the extra time and effort spent.

Attachments

• IMG_0739.jpg
    IMG_0739.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 15
Doing some tibialis taining like Johm Meadows recommends has done a lot to help develop my lower legs. They don't affect the calfs really...but if you can add some size to the tib it makes everything look bigger. Kind of like if you have poor quad sweep...you can help make it look better by really hammering the adductors and making them larger.

Back