• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

dainty shoulders

dirtymic1987

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've got a huge issue with developing big Delts and traps.. I feel I wreck them every week but can't seem to get the "yoked" out look I want. Any one have any suggestions for massive size?

My current work out is:
Behind the neck press
Military press
Lateral raises
Front raises
Dips
Arnold presses
Reverse flies..
Any suggestions !

All that for delts in one workout is overkill. They're not recovering, also when do you train them? After chest? Scale back, let them rest and see what happens.

That's totally unnecessary, bro. You are overtraining and even more if you do it on chest day. I only do db military press, lateral raises, and reverse flyes. I feel that they get worked out enough when we do chest and back as secondary muscles.

You're overtraining them, I do a pressing movement, a rear lateral movement, a side lateral movement and very rarely something for front delts. You are doing way too much in my opinion. 3-4 sets of each movement, keep the reps in the 8-12 range and if you eat right you'll grow.

Damn that explains y my shoulders are still dainty..thanks for the input..I change things up..

You're overtraining, as the others have mentioned. Cut back.
Power cleans, shrugs, cable lateral raises for the traps.

Damn..alright I'll cut back.. I never thought i would get close to over training..I always thought I wasn't doing enough

IML Gear Cream!
I've got a huge issue with developing big Delts and traps.. I feel I wreck them every week but can't seem to get the "yoked" out look I want. Any one have any suggestions for massive size?

My current work out is:
Behind the neck press
Military press
Lateral raises
Front raises
Dips
Arnold presses
Reverse flies..
Any suggestions !

to much bro. learn the basics, concentrate on working the muscle.

(heavy) Barebell shoulder press. 6-8 rep range.
PROPER upright rows or side laterals.

Do this for afew years and then wory about the fancy shit. You gotta realize when you see all the pros doing side laterals, front raises, arnold press. They already have the mass, they are looking to refine and add detail.

Damn..alright I'll cut back.. I never thought i would get close to over training..I always thought I wasn't doing enough

If you do heavy bb shoulder presses correctly and heavy enough you won't be able to do anything else.

Wow. Maybe i've been overtraining my shoulders. Heres my workout

Sitting military press
Hammer Machine Shoulder press
Arnolds (light weight)
Side Raises
Front Raises (using t-bar)
Barbell pull ups (pulling the barbell up to your chin)
For rear delts, I get on bench, lean forward, and use dumbbells and flare them out. I forget the name.

Then I do traps... lol

Re: dAinty shoulders

Sitting military press
Arnolds (light weight)
Side Raises
For rear delts, I get on bench, lean forward, and use dumbbells and flare them out. I forget the name.

Then I do traps... lol

That's quite a bit bro. I've seen both types though. Some guys can train the shit out of shoulders and have great results, others can't. Are your shoulders dainty?

Sitting military press
Arnolds (light weight)
Side Raises

Then I do traps... lol

Fuck bro you work hard. To much IMO. Have you tried less?

Militray press
Side laterals
Front laterals

For 6 weeks, see if you hit new pr's on your press.

That's quite a bit bro. I've seen both types though. Some guys can train the shit out of shoulders and have great results, others can't. Are your shoulders dainty?

Im not going to say dainty, but they could definitely be bigger. I hit my bis/tris just as hard if not harder & they grow at a rapid rate.

Fuck bro you work hard. To much IMO. Have you tried less?

Militray press
Side laterals
Front laterals

For 6 weeks, see if you hit new pr's on your press.

Good idea. I was thinking about this earlier today in the gym before seeing your reply.

How about:

Military Press
Side laterals
Barbell chin ups (pulling barbell to chin)
And then something for rear delts.

Then onto traps...

^^^ Sounds good to me. Focus on the press movement.

Get Shredded!
Bring your rear delts up bro. Concentrate on reverse flys and bent over lateral raises first in your workout.

Let yourself rest up some... each time you lift you need to channel your inner self.. you need to press the muscle force your energy into it.

Bring your rear delts up bro. Concentrate on reverse flys and bent over lateral raises first in your workout.[/QUOTE

I'm a big believer in heavy compound movements build mass. Deadlifts, Squats, BB rows, Flat/Incline Bench, Military press. His rear delts and the beginning stages should get plenty of work on back day. His front delts should get plenty of work on chest day. You should be in this beginner stage for a good 4 to 5 yrs. Just learning and mastering the basic movements. But I'm just a begineer almost three years in. All I can comment on is what worked for me.

What would I do? I would do nothing but shoulder (military) press for shoulders. TILL I FUCKING CRIED!! In the 5 to 6 rep range, after plenty of warm up. Then I would go home and eat as much meat and potatoes as I could. Give that 8 weeks or so.

Back