• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Diet questions

gymprincess1989

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I am just wondering when the best time to take a break from my diet is or reverse diet. Should I be doing this after a cycle? Then when I come back on slowly lower calories again? This cycle I am really just doing a recomp. So I have gained a ton of strength and have leaned out. But I am thinking next cycle I would like to have a little more progress in getting leaner. Any advice would be great. I am not the best when it comes to what exactly I should do in regards to diet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I am just wondering when the best time to take a break from my diet is or reverse diet. Should I be doing this after a cycle? Then when I come back on slowly lower calories again? This cycle I am really just doing a recomp. So I have gained a ton of strength and have leaned out. But I am thinking next cycle I would like to have a little more progress in getting leaner. Any advice would be great. I am not the best when it comes to what exactly I should do in regards to diet.

Lowering calories and adding fasted morning cardio is a start

Sent from my 5056N using Tapatalk

I hate the word diet. It sounds so temporary to me. When you say take a break, what exactly does that mean. If your in recomp then your diet should not really be all that tough on you as to say take a break. It's pretty obvious what not to eat when you workout but it's ok to be normal sometimes as well. Just don't settle to stay normal though. PM me what you ate in one entire day including what you drank and don't leave nothing out.

If you are satisfied with your recomp... go back to a "regular" diet but keep it clean and maintain most of your progress. This way, when you recomp again, your starting point will have improved.

If you are satisfied with your recomp... go back to a "regular" diet but keep it clean and maintain most of your progress. This way, when you recomp again, your starting point will have improved.
Thanks. Yes I never really get off of eating clean foods. Once in awhile I will have I guess what some people call a cheat meal. But I still track that and usually horde my macros. I guess I am a little confused because I have always heard keep your calories as high as possible during a cut. I am currently in a 400 calorie deficit. So as long as I am making progress would I stick to this until my break where I reverse back to maintenance? Thanks.

I would calculate your BMR, add in your daily calorie expenditures and stick to that, if you are happy with your weight. To loose fat, subtract 500 cals/weekly. To add muscle, add 500 calories weekly.
Good luck.

Back