• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

1st cycle training routine

MarylandMike

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
The past 6 months Ive done light weight with high reps for fat loss. Now Im going shoot for building mass while running 500mg of test c weekly....

Thoughts about this routine?

Eight-Day Training Cycle: One day training, one day rest
(One day on, one day off)
Day 1: Chest, biceps
Bench presses
3 sets
6- 8 reps
Incline bench presses
2 sets
6- 8 reps
Dips with added weights
2 sets
8-10 reps
Barbell curls
3 sets
6-10 reps
Dumbbell curls
2 sets
6-10 reps
Day 3: Thighs
Squats
3 sets
6-10 reps
Leg presses
2 sets
8-10 reps
Leg curls
2 sets
8-10 reps
Day 5: Shoulder, triceps
Presses behind neck
3 sets
6- 8 reps
Upright row
2 sets
8-10 reps
Side laterals
2 sets
8-10 reps
Lying triceps presses
3 sets
6-10 reps
Triceps pulley pushdown
2 sets
8-10 reps
Day 7: Back. calves
Chins with added weight
3 sets
8-10 reps
Lat pull to neck
2 sets
8-10 reps
Barbell bent-over row
2 sets
6-10 reps
Seated cable row
2 sets
6-10 reps
Standing calf raise
3 sets
8-12 reps
Seated calf raise
2 sets
8-12 reps

This is just my opinion based off of my own experience and my own research,

If youre shooting to build mass/get stronger, you should be shooting for a rep range of maybe 4-6,6-8, and do 3-4 sets. Thats what worked for me.

It seems to me that your rep range is still alittle high, and doing 2 sets in my opinion just isnt optimal for anything. 3-4 sets of each exercise is where it should be

This looks pretty good. I like the rep ranges actually. I would suggest maybe adding in one more hamstring exercise on leg day. Other than that I don't see anything glaringly wrong with it

This looks pretty good. I like the rep ranges actually. I would suggest maybe adding in one more hamstring exercise on leg day. Other than that I don't see anything glaringly wrong with it

I was thinking about adding lunges

- - - Updated - - -

This is just my opinion based off of my own experience and my own research,

If youre shooting to build mass/get stronger, you should be shooting for a rep range of maybe 4-6,6-8, and do 3-4 sets. Thats what worked for me.

It seems to me that your rep range is still alittle high, and doing 2 sets in my opinion just isnt optimal for anything. 3-4 sets of each exercise is where it should be

Thats exactly where I was confused if I wanted to do more sets and less reps or the way I listed

I was thinking about adding lunges.

Lunges are ok, but you really need to incorporate another movement with more focus on the hamstrings. Romanian deadlifts would be better.

My glute/hamstring days typically consist of:

Romanian deadlifts
Sumo squats
Glute/ham raises w/resistance bands
lying/or kneeling leg curls

Then I have another day for quads only.

Back