• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

new lady on board

Skullz722

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I want to say great transformations so far everyone is looking great. I myself am trying to lean out. My problem is that the more I lift the more I bulk no matter what I do. I am 5'5 155 and over the past few months I have put on 30lbs I was 125. No changes in my diet and gym routine. So I figured I might need to go a totally different direction. I am taking estrogen and progesterone I am finding that I am already very estrogen dominate. However due to medical reasons I need to continue my dosage. My test level was 0.9 and I was told that I may need to start adding that. What are the thoughts??? I could use some help please and thanks.

So I want to say great transformations so far everyone is looking great. I myself am trying to lean out. My problem is that the more I lift the more I bulk no matter what I do. I am 5'5 155 and over the past few months I have put on 30lbs I was 125. No changes in my diet and gym routine. So I figured I might need to go a totally different direction. I am taking estrogen and progesterone I am finding that I am already very estrogen dominate. However due to medical reasons I need to continue my dosage. My test level was 0.9 and I was told that I may need to start adding that. What are the thoughts??? I could use some help please and thanks.

The first thing I would do is the very obvious... change your diet and gym routine. Increase the intensity, incorporate cardio. If you've been gaining and nothing else has changed, that would be priority. Make sure you're burning more than you're consuming.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks GearGoddess for chiming in. I am doing low carb now for awhile and I have been doing lists cardio as well for 20 mins every other day. I am doing a full body workout every other day. I am doing 3 exercises for the big body parts 3 sets of 12 and 2 sets for the small body parts. I was considering switching to a push pull or upper lower. What do you think and doing Hitt cardio post workout. Also unsure about changing diet diet. I just saw my doctor and he gave me cytomel and is considering giving me small dose test as well. Not going to change my progesterone and estrogen yet. Any thoughts
thanks
The first thing I would do is the very obvious... change your diet and gym routine. Increase the intensity, incorporate cardio. If you've been gaining and nothing else has changed, that would be priority. Make sure you're burning more than you're consuming.

Thanks GearGoddess for chiming in. I am doing low carb now for awhile and I have been doing lists cardio as well for 20 mins every other day. I am doing a full body workout every other day. I am doing 3 exercises for the big body parts 3 sets of 12 and 2 sets for the small body parts. I was considering switching to a push pull or upper lower. What do you think and doing Hitt cardio post workout. Also unsure about changing diet diet. I just saw my doctor and he gave me cytomel and is considering giving me small dose test as well. Not going to change my progesterone and estrogen yet. Any thoughts
thanks

LMAO $50 on GG saying "fasted cardio"
....wait for iiiiiiiiiit.....
......wait for iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.........
(She's right when she does say it. I started listening to her about 6 months ish ago and the fasted cardio changed my entire physique)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GG ❤️❤️❤️
I miss you!
I want a new leg day routine lol

GG ❤️❤️❤️
I miss you!
I want a new leg day routine lol

Miss you too girlie!! Will need to touch base and get you new routine going.... you don't love stairway to heaven anymore? 😉😙

Hello GG and Belle any help would be great. Like I said I am doing low carb and full body routine right now every other day. Liss cardio on days I don't go to the gym If you can give me something else I would be more then happy to give that a try. My doctor just gave me cytomel to see if that helps but I am on estrogen and progesterone already as stated above for while now. Nothing has changed in my diet and workout and all of a sudden the weight has come on.

Hello GG and Belle any help would be great. Like I said I am doing low carb and full body routine right now every other day. Liss cardio on days I don't go to the gym If you can give me something else I would be more then happy to give that a try. My doctor just gave me cytomel to see if that helps but I am on estrogen and progesterone already as stated above for while now. Nothing has changed in my diet and workout and all of a sudden the weight has come on.
Sorry for the delay. I started replying but didn't hit post then timed out. So let's try again.

Based on everything your doc has you on, there has to be more issues there. Was your T3, T4 and total tested? What were the numbers? What dose of Cytomel does he have you on?
If this isn't something you want to post in the open then you can always send me a pm with details. Seems like your doc is adding a lot of hormones but for what reason? What is your age and stats? Medical history?

As for your routine in the gym. I'd be incorporating cardio after your workouts for 30mins LISS or 15 HIIT and 30-45 min LISS on days off. And yes, Bell is correct, I personally swear by fasted cardio. Especially if you are lower bf%. It works amazing. 30 min LISS first thing in the morning on empty stomach every day. It will give you the energy throughout the day as well as kick start your metabolism.

As for weight training. I would definately switch things up. Even if you work out 3 days then 1 rest, then 4 days then 1 rest day. I would suggest trying the body split. Do upper body/lower body. Even something simple as this but enough to keep you challenged. Aim for 4 sets. Get used to lifting proper form for 12-20 reps, then the following week aim for 8-12, then back to 12-20 reps the next week. And repeat.

Day 1 chest/tris
Day 2 back/bis
Day 3 quads/hammies/glutes
Day 4 rest
Day 5 shoulders
Day 6 abs/calves
Day 7 chest/back
Day 8 quads/hammies/glutes
Day 9 rest

Finish your workout with cardio. And repeat 😊

I didn't read all the replies but if your gaining weight with no changes you def need your thyroid checked. I would add test to your hrt if it's low, my wife was on gel, then weekly injects, now pellets and after being on all three she wants to go back to weekly injections, which is what most guys ultimately settle with too. Good luck.

IML Gear Cream!
Hello All,

Thank you for the responses and the questions. I will try to answer them all.
First my reason for being on estrogen and progesterone was because I had to have my ovaries removed about 10 yrs ago. Not for any cancer reasons but other reasons. Thank God about that. My thyroid levels are as follows based off of what the doctor did.
TSH 2.81
T4 7.4
T3 122
Test Free 0.9
Test Total 9.7

I am taking 1.5mg of Estrogen and 100mg of Progesterone. The doctor has started me on 5mcg of Cytomel to jump start my Thyroid. He is about to start with test in about a week. Unsure of what the dose will be.
Any thoughts on what he is thinking??? And how can I use it to help me loss the weight I am so quickly gaining. He was also concerned that my HDL/cholesterol level was severally low and my insulin was borderline. However my glucose level was normal as well as my A1c.

Thanks,
Skullz722

Hello All,

First my reason for being on estrogen and progesterone was because I had to have my ovaries removed about 10 yrs ago. Not for any cancer reasons but other reasons. Thank God about that. My thyroid levels are as follows based off of what the doctor did.
TSH 2.81
T4 7.4
T3 122
Test Free 0.9
Test Total 9.7

I am taking 1.5mg of Estrogen and 100mg of Progesterone. The doctor has started me on 5mcg of Cytomel to jump start my Thyroid. He is about to start with test in about a week. Unsure of what the dose will be.
Any thoughts on what he is thinking??? And how can I use it to help me loss the weight I am so quickly gaining. He was also concerned that my HDL/cholesterol level was severally low and my insulin was borderline. However my glucose level was normal as well as my A1c.

Thanks,
Skullz722
This is a little odd... your cholesterol is low but typically with low thyroid hormones levels, cholesterol rises.

From what I know, your tsh is well in range which is good, actually ideal as its under 3. You want to ensure you're between the 0.5-5... looks like your T4 is also good at 7.4 which is in the range of 5-11 but T4 122? Or 1.22? Typically, when one of the thyroid hormones is low, the tsh is higher to keep up. So yours look fine and I'm not sure why your doc gave you T3 to take?!? You don't need it.

Your test is low simply due to the fact that you no longer have ovaries. This could be the reason for it as well as your other results. Have you even gone through issues such us PCOS or similar? That would explain a lot with insulin resistance/being borderline. And your diet is low carb too, correct?

I would get another doc to get a second opinion but from all you mentioned and if I'm understanding it all, supplementing with test might be the answer to all the other issues. Also change your diet and training. And definitely drop the T3. You don't need it. If your diet includes soy, drop it to and switch to coconut milk or almond or cashew.

Sorry I'm all over with my response. Hope it makes sense.

HI,
Lol no I don't think your all over the place. Ok so as far as I know and have be told I never had PCOS. Yes I thought my thyroid level was normal too and felt it was partly related to my test level being low. However the doctor stated that if I take the Cytomel for a few months while getting ready to start test it would help me with the weight that I have been gaining. He does not plan on keeping me on it for long. However he feels I maybe becoming insulin resistant. He is worried because all numbers are low but the insulin. He will be monitoring the levels for the next few months.

As as far as my diet yes it is low carb and I do eat a lot of almonds, coconut water. I have tried several different diets with no results. I am hoping that what the doctor puts me on will help or otherwise I'll soon become one of those women with spandex that you don't want to be behind 😱🙃😉😳😳.

So nothing new to report. Nothing new from doctor. Still says use the 5mcg of cytomel and go low carb and see how that works for at least a month. Then follow up.

New week same results getting blood work done to see if doc wants to put me on low dose test. Maybe that will solve everything :confused:

I am going to see a stomach doctor because the bloating seems to be getting worse everyday. Flat stomach in am a few hours later look 5 months pregnant no one seems to know why. Wth. Still no word from doc about test. Really don't like how my stomach looks. :confused:

Hello All,

TSH 2.81
T4 7.4
T3 122
Test Free 0.9
Test Total 9.7

Thanks,
Skullz722

If he does put you on test...it will be a very low dose. Youd be amazed what 10mgs weekly can do for a woman

Said shot not available for women not FDA approved. So if I want has to be gel

So its actually testosterone cream. Which is 7mg a week. I use it daily. Lets see what's happens

It's been 12 days and really haven't noticed anything yet. He said that it will probably take a month to notice a difference.

So its been about a month and I hate to say this but no real difference at all. NO strength increase, no libido increase, no change in body composition. I saw the doc yesterday and he is taking me off progesterone for 2 weeks to see if any difference. Also he is going to add t3 again at 10mcg to see if that helps with weight loss. Getting discouraged. I am hitting the gym, doing cardio 4x a week. Diet going as should be hitting 1300 calories daily. Any suggestions

So its been about a month and I hate to say this but no real difference at all. NO strength increase, no libido increase, no change in body composition. I saw the doc yesterday and he is taking me off progesterone for 2 weeks to see if any difference. Also he is going to add t3 again at 10mcg to see if that helps with weight loss. Getting discouraged. I am hitting the gym, doing cardio 4x a week. Diet going as should be hitting 1300 calories daily. Any suggestions

assuming you have recent bloodwork... what are your test levels like now that you've been on the test cream for a month?

doing cardio 4x a week. Diet going as should be hitting 1300 calories daily.
Describe your cardio.

This is simple math. You consume 1300 calories daily. You must expend more than 1300 calories daily if you want to shed any fat at all. The average basal metabolic rate for a woman is 1493 calories. With age and certain conditions it can and does go lower. One of those conditions is dieting. There are studies showing that your basal metabolic rate can be reduced anywhere from 15-25% when restricting calories. Assuming the worst, a huge drop at 25%, this means that your basal metabolic rate could drop by 373 calories a day, which means your new BMR would be only 1119 calories.

1300 Eaten and drunk
1119 BMR
0181 calories extra adding to fat everyday.

181 calories times 7 days a week is 1,267 extra calories a week. That's about a pound of fat added to your body every three weeks, or 17-18 pounds of weight gain every year.

Is your cardio, performed four times a week, enough to burn an extra 1,267 weekly? Even if it is, this just means you will stay exactly the same weight, never losing or gaining. Do you see where I am heading with this?

Also, with the calories at 1300, which is very low, what makes up the calories? What is it you eat and drink? What are your macros? I think this is important.

Cycling carbs works, because it prevents the drop in BMR I described above. The high calorie, high carb day tricks the body into thinking there is plenty and shuts off the starvation mode that causes the BMR to drop, meaning your body will continue to burn calories at a higher rate even on your lower calorie low carb days.

thanks

I went back to re-read your earlier posts, and two things stick out. (1) "I am doing low carb now for a while" and (2) "cardio as well for 20 mins."

(1) Low carb - as I suggested above, cycle your carbs. You have slowed down your metabolic rate. Every fourth or fifth day add a bunch of oats, rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and so on to your diet, then resume low carbs, repeat. Just mark it on your calendar. In fact, I might have two or three high carb days at first and do a WHOLE BUNCH of exercise to get my metabolism fired up again. Your body will sense the extra food and will stop panicking. <--- That is literally what your body is doing. It is panicking. It sees a lack of food and is trying to hold onto everything it can so that you will not starve to death and die. Your body does not know you are trying to get healthy. Your body just thinks there is a famine and is trying to preserve itself to keep you alive. Feed it. Then diet for four days. Then feed it (cleanly, add oats and rice and such) for one day, then diet for four days low carb and just keep repeating over and over. You can experiment with the number of high carb days. Some find they only need to do it once a week. But you need to do it. Your body thinks it is starving.

(2) Cardio - 20 mins is definitely not enough. Bump it to 30-40. Take a careful look at your intensity level and the number of calories burned as well.

assuming you have recent bloodwork... what are your test levels like now that you've been on the test cream for a month?
No blood work as of yet. Doc has not requested. Some him yesterday and took me off progesterone for 2 weeks to see if that seems to help. Has stated that studies have shown improvement when off. I have been on for 8 years now. LOL. Wish my OB doc would have said something.

First thing that comes to mind is gut health and the stomach biome. A bloated stomach is a common "tell" that there maybe something very off with your gut health. Have you used antibiotics in the last few months?

Did the bloat in the stomach go away and any word what was the cause

Back