• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

From Fattie to Abs Before 50

Numbers look great. What's the concern?

Not a doctor, but HDL is a bit low. Nothing to be worried about though.
Yeah it looks really good except the hematocrit. That I would be wanting to start doing something about.

HDL is actually very good for using gear.

I haven't seen what you're on malf so outside of the general numbers there's not much I can say other than you're looking pretty damn healthy lol

I see 100mg test. Those look good, especially the lipids since you were on a blast not long ago

Yeah it looks really good except the hematocrit. That I would be wanting to start doing something about.

HDL is actually very good for using gear.

I haven't seen what you're on malf so outside of the general numbers there's not much I can say other than you're looking pretty damn healthy lol
Overall his numbers are great. I think he's just fluffing his feathers at us lol

Get Shredded!
What about thyroid? Both T4 and T3 are in the "normal" range, but both are way down at the bottom. We would not tolerate that if it was a testosterone number. Any suggestions on supplementing thyroid, just to bring those numbers up to middle-higher end?

What about thyroid? Both T4 and T3 are in the "normal" range, but both are way down at the bottom. We would not tolerate that if it was a testosterone number. Any suggestions on supplementing thyroid, just to bring those numbers up to middle-higher end?
I've often wondered this myself. Mine are always at the low end of normal too

Any explanations for the free testosterone number? The total test is in range and good (really good for only 100mg a week), but the free test being twice the top end of the range - I have no explanation.

Yep, 100 mg test, nothing else.

NO growth hormone. That IGF-1 number is outstanding for my age, I think.

Iceman1977 gets it.

Nice labs sir :)

I believe maddog just posted that same level IGF as you just did and he is consistently running 3ius per day. I have no personal experience with this result but I have read exogenous testosterone can increase your IGF levels by roughly 50-80 points

I have read exogenous testosterone can increase your IGF levels by roughly 50-80 points
At 100mg a week? Anyway, I guess it's not too bad for an old man. I am trying to catch up to Might Mouse :D Hopefully I respond as well as he does to injecting hgh.

Numbers look great. What's the concern?

Not a doctor, but HDL is a bit low. Nothing to be worried about though.
Thanks for your input. I am researching ways to raise HDL. None of the sources here carry HDL, though. :thumbsdown:

I am doing items 1-7 on the list I found. Item 8 is "eat fatty fish more often." Fatty fish is a rare treat due to cost, but I guess I am going to need to work it into the grocery budget.

I am doing items 1-7 on the list I found. Item 8 is "eat fatty fish more often." Fatty fish is a rare treat due to cost, but I guess I am going to need to work it into the grocery budget.
I eat salmon on the regular ... it’s expensive everywhere but Costco, they sell it frozen at a decent price., since you’re new with fatty fish ... here’s an easy and tasty prep method.
I like to cook it on the grill with basil and olive oil- good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, that sounds wonderful. Actually, we eat salmon, it is just a once a month or so treat. I am going to increase the frequency.

And page 2
I really am looking for input to thyroid from post #153.

I don't know a lot about thyroid. As you can see, everything is within the range they call "normal." The "normal" testosterone range is 264-916. I had 286 when I went on TRT. Massive difference. You can see that 100mg a week of testosterone brought me to the high end of that range but within the "normal" range.

I am thinking it would probably be best to do the same with thyroid, that is, bring things from the lower end to the higher end of the range. I was not using growth hormone on that blood panel, but I will be using hgh the next time I do a blood panel. I am aware the standard advice is to add T4.

I have on hand pharma T4, 100mcg, and pharma T3 at 25 mcg. I was thinking about adding one daily of each, and perhaps retest in a month or so.

Thoughts and advice and suggestions are welcome, especially if you know what the hell you are talking about. :winkfinger:

IML Gear Cream!

I don't know a lot about thyroid. As you can see, everything is within the range they call "normal." The "normal" testosterone range is 264-916. I had 286 when I went on TRT. Massive difference. You can see that 100mg a week of testosterone brought me to the high end of that range but within the "normal" range.

I am thinking it would probably be best to do the same with thyroid, that is, bring things from the lower end to the higher end of the range. I was not using growth hormone on that blood panel, but I will be using hgh the next time I do a blood panel. I am aware the standard advice is to add T4.

I have on hand pharma T4, 100mcg, and pharma T3 at 25 mcg. I was thinking about adding one daily of each, and perhaps retest in a month or so.

Thoughts and advice and suggestions are welcome, especially if you know what the hell you are talking about. :winkfinger:

Way too much thyroid to start off with. I suggest just start at 50mcg t4. My prescription started at 25mcg t4 about 8yrs ago, now its 50mcg.

Way too much thyroid to start off with. I suggest just start at 50mcg t4. My prescription started at 25mcg t4 about 8yrs ago, now its 50mcg.
Do you recall how that affected your T4 numbers on the same range as my panel in post #153?

Also, are you considering the need to supplement T4 with hgh? The T4 number is low to begin with. Won't hgh at 15-20 iu daily (LOL! just kidding) won't hgh drive T4 even lower, perhaps even out of range?

I am asking these questions because I see the universal advice for hgh being 100 mcg. Just because advice is common knowledge, however, does not mean it is based on anything solid, like blood tests.

I was surprised to see you suggest 50 mcg, but you may very well be correct.

Also, are you considering the need to supplement T4 with hgh? The T4 number is low to begin with. Won't hgh at 15-20 iu daily (LOL! just kidding) won't hgh drive T4 even lower, perhaps even out of range?

I am asking these questions because I see the universal advice for hgh being 100 mcg. Just because advice is common knowledge, however, does not mean it is based on anything solid, like blood tests.

When I run 2iu daily, after a couple weeks being on I need 50mcg T4 daily to stay in the middle of the reference range. Without it I dip way below range. My normal T4 is also always at the bottom of the reference range normally without GH.

I have some labs somewhere from a few months back showing T4 while I was on gh but they were printed out from the ER so I'll have to try to find them

Weird.

Today I had a personal best on barbell rows. First I did four sets of the heaviest weight on the lat pulldown machine at the gym.

Then I started barbell rows.

095 x 12
135 x 12
185 x 12
225 x 10
185 x 10

Ten reps for 225 is a new personal record. Kind of funny since I am not on cycle and I am calorie restricted (although I loosened up a bit because not on cycle). It's taken me a long time to work up to 225, but I have been working on improving my back for a while now, because it was lagging (and lagging seriously by bodybuilding standards). I did not do barbell rows all my life until the second half century of life. I did not know what I was missing.
Bah! :thumbsdown: Only got 8 today. I did more on the wide grip pulldowns, but when I got to the barbell rows, I just could not get more than 8 with 225. My lats were all swollen up, though, and I could really feel them working, so for some reason I still feel like it was a good workout.

I would say as your TSH as looks now, 25mcg. If adding hgh then 50mcg.

I am running 5iu a day keeping igf around 540-610 and I’m running 150mcg a day split 100mcg morning 50mcg night and it is keeping me at 5.5.

Nice baseline igf though

I eat salmon on the regular ... it’s expensive everywhere but Costco, they sell it frozen at a decent price., since you’re new with fatty fish ... here’s an easy and tasty prep method.
I like to cook it on the grill with basil and olive oil- good stuff

Wife surprised me with salmon last night! :twothumbs:

Hey . . . :thinking: Think she's reading my posts here??? :bitenails:

Bah! :thumbsdown: Only got 8 today. I did more on the wide grip pulldowns, but when I got to the barbell rows, I just could not get more than 8 with 225. My lats were all swollen up, though, and I could really feel them working, so for some reason I still feel like it was a good workout.

On bent over barbell rows I got 13 with 225.

Dumb bell incline press, 110s for 10 reps

I know that's not impressive for many of you reading, but they are new personal records for me. In fact, that was my first time ever attempting 110s, so I was thinking only 5 or 6 reps . . . for a guy in his 50s who looks natty, I am continuing to break new ground for myself.

Back