• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Best Cardio Type For a Beginner

fattynatty

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok as ive mentioned im completely new to this. Being so out of shape I cant exactly run or do alot of crazy cardio but I am curious what the best starting point for cardio might be. I have no problem sticking it out on the treadmill but with so much other equpiment around im curious what the best cardio machine might be. I am really lucky that I still have good knees so weight withstanding I am pretty good on treadmills or other equipment. (running aside obviously)

Thank you

I agree with Skip as a beginner do LISS cardio when you get a little endurance do HIIT. After that mix them up to because you get used to all types much like weight training.

Stepmill is king
Elliptical is king low impact
Treadmill is great bc u can adjust the inclines
Biking for me is last resort bc your sitting

These are just my 2 cents

When I first started back at the gym, I used the bike and elliptical quite a bit for cardio. seemed easier on the joints, especially since I was 268lbs. I did the Keto diet and the weight dropped off relatively quick. Good luck with your training and keep at it.

I agree with Skip as a beginner do LISS cardio when you get a little endurance do HIIT. After that mix them up to because you get used to all types much like weight training.

Stepmill is king

I agree. Step master is a killer.

I was jogging on the treadmill and switched off for a while with the step master. When I tried to run the other day, I wasn't nearly as winded at my old speed.

I started out at like 5 or 10 minutes. And do about 25 minutes. Then walk fast on the treadmill for 10 min right after.

Consistency is key. And diet obviously...cardio won't reverse over eating on pizza and icecream.

Stair stepper- Liss

Once you get a little better cardio do hitt

Swim. If you can't swim then row.

Stepmill is king

I definitely agree with this post, and in that order. Treadmill just does not work for me. Not sure why. Stairmaster melts fat, and elliptical does, too. Plus you can work up levels, and both of these machines have "fat burner plus" type modes that vary the intensity that work very well for your goals.

Riding a bike works, but ONLY if it is a real bicycle and you are riding outside. Not sure why.

Best cardio for a beginner is one you can consistently do on a regular schedule.

Swimming, running and cycling are the best cardio workouts in my opinion. You can try HIIT, but it could be so hard for beginner.

Yeah, I am agree with you. Treadmill is good I have been using this one over 6 months have great impact on my body and help me to keep my body fit proform 505 cst treadmill. Happy to use this one. :)

Back