• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

36 Pec Tears at Cross Fit Regionals

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
36 Pec Tears at Cross Fit Regionals
By Brian Pyfferoen - May 30, 2017

The list of pec injuries continued to grow this weekend. We have updated the list to include Week 3 injuries as well. As far as we can tell, there were 36 pec tears at Regionals (or in the days leading up to competition).

There has also been a lot of talk about tears versus strains. According to the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), a strain is “is damage to muscle fibers and to
the other fibers that attach the muscle to the bone. Other names for a strain include ‘torn muscle’, ‘muscle pull’ and ‘ruptured tendon’.” There are three degrees of strains (1st, 2nd and 3rd), all include some degree of tissue tearing.

Regardless of the definition, the fact is that 36 athletes (35 men and 1 woman) either withdrew from competition, were eliminated due to not meeting minimum work requirements or just couldn’t compete at the highest level.

The intent of the article is not to point fingers or to place blame on the programming, CrossFit, the athletes, the movement standards, the space between the rings or anything else. Instead, we wanted to provide a comprehensive list of athletes who were affected by a pec injury over the past month.

So with that, we have done our best to compile a complete list of every athlete who has injured their pec either preparing for regionals or while on the floor. If we have missed anyone in the list below, please drop us a note in the comment section below!

SEE REST OF ARTICLE HERE: http://thebarbellspin.com/functional-fitness/pec-tears-at-regionals-23-and-counting/

Attachments

• henrylopez-injury.jpg
    henrylopez-injury.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 129
Of course there is. You're doing extremely technical lifts for high reps

There is injuries at any high level sport. When u compete at that high of level and the immense amount of training high level crossfit athletes put their bodies through. Injuries will always be there especially with the addition of competition such as regionals. Was the number of one specific injury from one specific movement extremely unusual I would say so but any time high level competition
Is introduced to any professional sport there is a greater chance of injury.

Now aren't there ways to reduce if not eliminate the risk for injury when competing? To me proper form is paramount especially when lifting real heavy weight. I've had my share of gym-related injury over the years and thankfully no serious tears (but had rotator, knee and bicep strain).

Crossfitters are the ones that put themselves at the most risk due to putting volume over proper form.

- - - Updated - - -

Crossfit training has made surgeons and chiropractors a lot of money. They love it!

Powerlifters are next on that list.

Crossfitters do movements that by nature put them at tisk for injury. Add in incompetent trainers and its a perfect recipe for disaster.

Crossfitters do movements that by nature put them at tisk for injury. Add in incompetent trainers and its a perfect recipe for disaster.
Ohh yes and don’t forget the ego of older people.

Man, not one person these days seems to care about how dangerous cross-fit is.. they make it out to be that its the path to extreme cardio and health..it has captured more soccer moms and cardio junkies if anything, and people end up hurt, people even jump into it without consulting with their physician on their physical health...its a recipe for disaster, stretch and contract at such speeds with short intervals,repetitively?!?! I'm cool..

every-time I see cross-fit, I hear fabric ripping in my ears!

Anyone I know that did cross fit either got hurt an can't do it no more or got hurt an can't do it no more.

Back