• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Prepare to feel weak!! with Shawn Frankl..

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Guys wanted to share this with you.

Buddy of mine and record holder power lifter. Shawn Frankl.

You very well may never see anyone hit 405 like he does at around 200lbs BW....His lifts are insane. And before anyone thinks these are fake plates, research some of his other lifts and in contest...

You will be shocked. He makes me feel very weak LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9HGzfe8oDY

damn!

Dude's a freak of nature! (In a good way).

very impressive.

last time i hit 405, felt like i was gonna die afterwards.

i wonder his hormone protocol is or his day-of comp use is..

That is solid- Great form- I am weak
Guys wanted to share this with you.

Buddy of mine and record holder power lifter. Shawn Frankl.

You very well may never see anyone hit 405 like he does at around 200lbs BW....His lifts are insane. And before anyone thinks these are fake plates, research some of his other lifts and in contest...

You will be shocked. He makes me feel very weak LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9HGzfe8oDY

He is a great person as well! I work out at his gym in NW Iowa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feet flat is an irrelevant tip. There's only one federation that requires feet to be flat on the floor.

Without being out of breathe afterwards wow

I've gone to so many Powerlifting meets I guess my perception of impressive has gotten obscured to hell and back.

I feel like most males with healthy shoulders and gear use can reasonably hit 405lbs.

Most people have just never bothered with a strength program. You can easily surprise yourself.

Last edited:
I've never been to one so "I'm impressed"

I guess

Nah not really. 405lbs isn't really that difficult to achieve. 495lbs+ is where the real challenge starts to happen. It's taken me 2 years just to get from 495 to 510.

And that's only if I peek for it.

Also this guy left out a lot of important ques. Like pressing into your traps with your heels, torquing shoulders inwards and squeezing glutes as hard as you can. And to fill your core with air and brace.

Holly shit! I maxed out at 375 and that was almost passing out

Holly shit! I maxed out at 375 and that was almost passing out

At 375 and couple months or even less with a proper strength regime would have you repping 405.

But not everyone cares about strength, just looks. Never quite understood why people only want to look good but have the mobility and functionality of a broken down rusted junk bucket.

But sometimes injuries happen and we all have our preferences.

These boards are mostly filled with guys who enjoy looking at dudes in their underwear all day anyways so it all makes sense lol.

But my hamstring keeps cramping and I've had a miserable day. So my posts probably seem asshole orientated. So I'm just going to go to bed.

Last edited:
well I havent been to a power lifting meet and work out in a chain gym... I just dont see guys lift weights like that.. Not talking about the 405 he makes his bitch... I see that a lot but the records this guy has at his weight are un fucking believable! I mean 1055 for a squat is just stupid strong and 825 for a bench!!!!! Im surprised he wasnt tossing that 405 in the air on every push...

I have competed in PL for 20+ years and his handling of 405 at 198, I have never seen before.

He has like a 600 raw bench at 220.

If anyone is not impressed with this guy, you simply have no way to be impressed. Sure we see a few guys at 320-350lbs hitting 600-700.

Jeremy Hoornstra just hit 680 lbs raw at 237lbs BW? World Record.

But to suggest bc you have powerlifted or been to events for years, this is not impressive is just simply nonsense.

You are talking a World Record lifter here. Show me ANY 198lb powerlifter hitting this weight this ease..

Show me one please..anyone.

Back