• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Do other steroids show up or interfere with testosterone lab test?

cleggtwopointoh

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hello all. I just moved to another state and am trying to establish with a new endocrinologist. Ive been on TRT for a few years and am just getting into steroid cycles.

I'm on my third cycle, and am doing low test/moderate mast/moderate tren. My question is...Im only doing TRT doses of test (100 mg/wk) and my tren is at 300 mg/wk. Will any of those steroids interfere with the testosterone reading? Or will my testosterone show up at normal levels? Thanks.

Im TRT as well and I always let my system clear for 16 days prior to testing. Works every time. But to answer your question I believe certain ones can skew numbers.

Gotcha. Thanks fellas. Since its all shorter esters Ill probably just let them clear out a week before I have the appt.

IML Gear Cream!
I never got bloods done when on EQ, but I have seen some unusually high Test results posted on the boards.
What they had in common was EQ use and Quest - LC/MS/MS.
Problem is mass spec if using proper references should not be thrown by this. I would believe the eq was test before I believed mass spec was wrong in a us medical lab. People always say that eq being liquid makes it seldom faked, but there is a whole side of logistics that makes mislabeling test an attractive option, not least of which is transportation and price.

I find it very hard to believe that MS can be thrown off by EQ as test.

Well my mast is legit; definitely get the dry/vascular/mast feeling (DHT derivatives definitely give me a certain feeling). Not saying that it couldnt be CUT with test; thats a possibility, but theres def some real mast in there.

And Im in the EU; not sure what the standard testing apparatus is here.

Well my mast is legit; definitely get the dry/vascular/mast feeling (DHT derivatives definitely give me a certain feeling). Not saying that it couldnt be CUT with test; thats a possibility, but theres def some real mast in there.

And Im in the EU; not sure what the standard testing apparatus is here.

If you call and ask the lab they will be able to give you an answer.
It will most likely be LC/MS/MS, LC/MS or ECLIA.

Don't mean to pile on, but I'm also doubting the mass spec assay could be thrown by EQ or any other non-T hormone. There are many that are just one simple atomic shift away from T -- e.g. DHT is just one 5a reduction, E2 is just an aromatization step, and the precursors of T are just one shift away as well. And this goes for many analogues too. And yet mass spec sorts it all out with extreme precision, much better than the cheaper immunoassays. It would be strange if EQ in particular violated this mechanism.

Some quick research shows EQ having molecular mass of 286 vs 288 for T due to a double bond being formed which cuts loose two hydrogens. This ought to be trivial to sort out in a mass spec machine.

I had trouble tracking down any mass spec cross-reactivity rates and it looks like that's because there aren't any. Here's a nice blurb about it at Quest:

“If one is dealing with someone who has a normal level of testosterone, let’s say 500 ng/DL in an adult male, the amount of imprecision might not be critical to making decisions. However, there are important populations—adult males who have hypogonadism, and female or pediatric patients, where the levels are substantially lower. Interference at these lower levels of testosterone becomes much more problematic with immunoassays, causing imprecision. This does not occur with LC/MS/MS, which is unaffected by cross-reactivity at low concentrations.

http://education.questdiagnostics.com/insights/96

So yeah, if an "EQ" vial is causing unexpected massive T levels on lc/ms/ms, it's got T in it.

Don't mean to pile on, but I'm also doubting the mass spec assay could be thrown by EQ or any other non-T hormone. There are many that are just one simple atomic shift away from T -- e.g. DHT is just one 5a reduction, E2 is just an aromatization step, and the precursors of T are just one shift away as well. And this goes for many analogues too. And yet mass spec sorts it all out with extreme precision, much better than the cheaper immunoassays. It would be strange if EQ in particular violated this mechanism.

Some quick research shows EQ having molecular mass of 286 vs 288 for T due to a double bond being formed which cuts loose two hydrogens. This ought to be trivial to sort out in a mass spec machine.

I had trouble tracking down any mass spec cross-reactivity rates and it looks like that's because there aren't any. Here's a nice blurb about it at Quest:

“If one is dealing with someone who has a normal level of testosterone, let’s say 500 ng/DL in an adult male, the amount of imprecision might not be critical to making decisions. However, there are important populations—adult males who have hypogonadism, and female or pediatric patients, where the levels are substantially lower. Interference at these lower levels of testosterone becomes much more problematic with immunoassays, causing imprecision. This does not occur with LC/MS/MS, which is unaffected by cross-reactivity at low concentrations.

So yeah, if an "EQ" vial is causing unexpected massive T levels on lc/ms/ms, it's got T in it.
Check out my recent bloods in my Perma bulk log.

Tell me what you think. Not sure about a couple things I mentioned in the outline

That last sentence, define "low concentrations" does that mean normal physiology levels? What would high concentrations define?

Check out my recent bloods in my Perma bulk log.

Tell me what you think. Not sure about a couple things I mentioned in the outline

Never saw this... unreliable forum software. :/ I'll go look.

That last sentence, define "low concentrations" does that mean normal physiology levels? What would high concentrations define?

In this context, "normal/high" concentrations probably means 200-300 and above ... that's my guess. And immunoassays are generally fine there since the target hormone is plentiful enough not to get thrown by other hormones. "Low" is below that, obviously. Women and children of course will have normal levels in that low range as well. The labwork has always specified that these populations should be using LC/MS/MS so this isn't a surprise.

In this context, "normal/high" concentrations probably means 200-300 and above ... that's my guess. And immunoassays are generally fine there since the target hormone is plentiful enough not to get thrown by other hormones. "Low" is below that, obviously. Women and children of course will have normal levels in that low range as well. The labwork has always specified that these populations should be using LC/MS/MS so this isn't a surprise.[/QUOTE]

My point exactly, it's not affected at lower concentrations. What's the average eq dosage on this board? 500-600mg per week conservatively? Add that much test as well and we are no longer talking about cross reactivity at low concentrations. I would say 5-8 times as much testosterone in the blood with as much or likely more eq would qualify as not only high but super high concentrations. Could it throw of the test? Possibly, more than possibly going by what's written.... won't know for sure unless someone tests this or gets more information on what qualifies as low and high concentrations and the likelihood to affect the test.

Back