• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

17 years old. Need advise. Bulking Diet.

IML Gear Cream!
if I were gonna change anything it would be this

Meal 1 - shake - 1,195 Kcal

140g Oats - 78g C
50g Peanut Butter - 25g F
230g Egg Whites - 27g P
1 Banana - 27g C
300ml Semi slimmed milk - 9g P

Meal 2 - 732 kcal

1 Cup brown rice - 45g P change this to 1. cups rice
250g Chicken breast - 78g P
100g Broccoli - 7g C
50g Almonds - 25g F move this to meal 5

Meal 3 - 1,154 kcal

230g Salmon - 46g P
300g Sweet potato - 60g C
230g Egg whites - 27g P
50g Almonds - 25g F
30g Peanut butter - 15g F

Training: 1hr 30mins - 2hrs

Meal 4 - 760 kcal

250g Chicken breast - 78g P
1 Cup white rice - 45g C
250g Blueberries- 35g C

Meal 5 - 668 Kcal

125g Pork tenderloin - 34g P
1.5 Cups brown rice - 67g C make this1 cup rice
100g Broccoli - 7g C
2 rice cakes - 15g C add in the almonds from meal2

If I've got this right then that leaves me with;

299g - Protein
401g - Carbs
88g - Fat

I know I'm a bit over the 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight that Heavy hitter said would be best but this was what the numbers came out as from my second attempt.

So.. is it any better :/

I like the majority of my carbs pre workout and my fats towards the end of the day. This keeps fat gain minimal for me

I will do as you say, I know everyone's different and that may not be the case for me or might not even make a difference for me but Ill try it anyway and adjust as I go along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stats -
Height: 5"11
Weight: 182 lbs
Body fat: Around 10% (not accurate)

I've been training since I was 13, been training consistently since I was 14.
I'm on this forum as over the last year I've found interest in the overall topic of AAS, obviously I don't have any intentions of using at this age or until I'm at least 25 as it would do more harm than good.

Anyway....

This is my first attempt of putting together a bulking diet. I have a big appetite so I just usually eat as many carbs and protein as possible. My metabolism is high and I do tend to struggle to put on weight. Any improvements, or advice would be very helpful.

This is what I've come up with,

Meal 1 - shake - 1,014 kcal Carbs - 126g
140g oats Protein - 59g
1 banana Fat - 27g
1 tbsp peanut butter
300ml semi skimmed milk
230g egg whites

Meal 2 - 867 kcal Carbs - 76g
1 cup brown rice Protein - 104g
300g chicken breast Fat - 12g
Broccoli
3 rice cakes

Meal 3 - 979 kcal Carbs - 83g
300g chicken breast Protein - 123g
300g sweat potatoes Fat - 10g
230g egg whites
3 rice cakes

Meal 4 - 907 kcal Carbs - 77g
2 salmon fillets Protein - 123g
1 1/2 cups white rice Fat - 30g
broccoli

Meal 5 - 904 kcal Carbs - 65g
Pork tenderloin Protein - 119g
1 cup brown rice Fat - 15g
230g egg whites
Pack of blueberries

Any Inputs or advice would be very helpful.

Thanks

those macro amounts vs grams of foods are way off....and brown rice is not a good choice...use Jasmine or white long grain rice...bananas are worthless excpet from a potassium standpoint...you can get a whole tree of bananas in potassium from a $4 bottle of caps....

Why do you say brown rice is not a good choice?

I don't know that it digests poorly. The husk is fiber...and for a kid who says he has a big appetite slower digestion could be good

I'm not a diet expert, but husks aren't a slow digesting thing they are a NON digesting thing. I get the fast metabolism thing and a husk is a good way to shit out the carbs before they digest. Fats will slow down digestion some for something like GI reduction, but fiber wrapping your carbs just makes them undigestable. As someone with a fast metabolism I find fast digeasting things like the rice noodels in pho to really help with gaining weight. Quickly digested, put to use and out of the way for more food. Fats at night to keep things going while my body is slowed down, but carbs from the jump at wake up to post workout meal because not only will I get more use, I will eat more because my body is clearing the carbs so quickly. Fiber isn't bad per say, but grinding the brown rice for instance would give you access to both the internal kernel of carbs and the shell of fiber. It's a mechanical thing.

Sorry for the typos but I'm missing a fingertip atm and typing is a bitch!

I'm not a diet expert, but husks aren't a slow digesting thing they are a NON digesting thing. I get the fast metabolism thing and a husk is a good way to shit out the carbs before they digest. Fats will slow down digestion some for something like GI reduction, but fiber wrapping your carbs just makes them undigestable. As someone with a fast metabolism I find fast digeasting things like the rice noodels in pho to really help with gaining weight. Quickly digested, put to use and out of the way for more food. Fats at night to keep things going while my body is slowed down, but carbs from the jump at wake up to post workout meal because not only will I get more use, I will eat more because my body is clearing the carbs so quickly. Fiber isn't bad per say, but grinding the brown rice for instance would give you access to both the internal kernel of carbs and the shell of fiber. It's a mechanical thing.

Sorry for the typos but I'm missing a fingertip atm and typing is a bitch!

So switching all the brown rice to white rice would be a better option as far as weight gaining goes? I knew brown rice took longer to digest I just didn't realise you just 'shit them out' before you get chance to digest them.

I'm on the white rice wagon. I prefer the taste and pumps associated with it. That, and brown rice is a real bitch to cook.

So switching all the brown rice to white rice would be a better option as far as weight gaining goes? I knew brown rice took longer to digest I just didn't realise you just 'shit them out' before you get chance to digest them.

Fiber is indigestible. That is why it helps you shit. Same reason you can see kernels in the toilet after you eat corn. For all the shit you hear about processed food, some food needs to be processed before it does us any good. Grains are a prime example of which rice is an example. Think about it this way, the cultures where rice is a staple food: do you see them eating brown or white rice? The answer is white. Not because it tastes better, but because they can't waste the calories.

Fiber is indigestible. That is why it helps you shit. Same reason you can see kernels in the toilet after you eat corn. For all the shit you hear about processed food, some food needs to be processed before it does us any good. Grains are a prime example of which rice is an example. Think about it this way, the cultures where rice is a staple food: do you see them eating brown or white rice? The answer is white. Not because it tastes better, but because they can't waste the calories.

If you have to process the shit out of it then there is probably an evolutionary reason why it doesnt need to be part of your diet anyway, other than cheap accessible sources in impoverished areas where food is scares . Grains arent really a nutrient dense food regardless. If you want carbs(which is about the only thing you get from rice) then it would make more sense to use tubers or veggies as they offer much more nutrient rich essentials. The idea is to get the most you can from your food. But if thats what we truly were concerned with than we would use organ meats, shellfish, mussels and fish instead of chicken breast and lean meats which arent as nutient dense.

Get Shredded!

Makes sense. Thanks, this has been very helpful. I'll go with white!

Back