• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

17 years old. Need advise. Bulking Diet.

Rhysdavied

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Stats -
Height: 5"11
Weight: 182 lbs
Body fat: Around 10% (not accurate)

I've been training since I was 13, been training consistently since I was 14.
I'm on this forum as over the last year I've found interest in the overall topic of AAS, obviously I don't have any intentions of using at this age or until I'm at least 25 as it would do more harm than good.

Anyway....

This is my first attempt of putting together a bulking diet. I have a big appetite so I just usually eat as many carbs and protein as possible. My metabolism is high and I do tend to struggle to put on weight. Any improvements, or advice would be very helpful.

This is what I've come up with,

Meal 1 - shake - 1,014 kcal Carbs - 126g
140g oats Protein - 59g
1 banana Fat - 27g
1 tbsp peanut butter
300ml semi skimmed milk
230g egg whites

Meal 2 - 867 kcal Carbs - 76g
1 cup brown rice Protein - 104g
300g chicken breast Fat - 12g
Broccoli
3 rice cakes

Meal 3 - 979 kcal Carbs - 83g
300g chicken breast Protein - 123g
300g sweat potatoes Fat - 10g
230g egg whites
3 rice cakes

Meal 4 - 907 kcal Carbs - 77g
2 salmon fillets Protein - 123g
1 1/2 cups white rice Fat - 30g
broccoli

Meal 5 - 904 kcal Carbs - 65g
Pork tenderloin Protein - 119g
1 cup brown rice Fat - 15g
230g egg whites
Pack of blueberries

Any Inputs or advice would be very helpful.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stats -
Height: 5"11
Weight: 182 lbs
Body fat: Around 10% (not accurate)

I've been training since I was 13, been training consistently since I was 14.
I'm on this forum as over the last year I've found interest in the overall topic of AAS, obviously I don't have any intentions of using at this age or until I'm at least 25 as it would do more harm than good.

Anyway....

This is my first attempt of putting together a bulking diet. I have a big appetite so I just usually eat as many carbs and protein as possible. My metabolism is high and I do tend to struggle to put on weight. Any improvements, or advice would be very helpful.

This is what I've come up with,

Meal 1 - shake - 1,014 kcal Carbs - 126g
140g oats Protein - 59g
1 banana Fat - 27g
1 tbsp peanut butter
300ml semi skimmed milk
230g egg whites

Meal 2 - 867 kcal Carbs - 76g
1 cup brown rice Protein - 104g
300g chicken breast Fat - 12g
Broccoli
3 rice cakes

Meal 3 - 979 kcal Carbs - 83g
300g chicken breast Protein - 123g
300g sweat potatoes Fat - 10g
230g egg whites
3 rice cakes

Meal 4 - 907 kcal Carbs - 77g
2 salmon fillets Protein - 123g
1 1/2 cups white rice Fat - 30g
broccoli

Meal 5 - 904 kcal Carbs - 65g
Pork tenderloin Protein - 119g
1 cup brown rice Fat - 15g
230g egg whites
Pack of blueberries

Any Inputs or advice would be very helpful.

Thanks

These numbers don't add up on the food totals....or I'm confused at how you posted this

I've uploaded it through my iPhone and the carbs, protein, fat was supposed to be a rough estimate for each meal, I'll delete this post and do in from my computer.

I've uploaded it through my iPhone and the carbs, protein, fat was supposed to be a rough estimate for each meal, I'll delete this post and do in from my computer.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I see now.

I think you set yourself up a very good plan. Roll with it sir!

It'd be a hell of a lot easier if you just wrote the total amount of carbs/protein/fat in your macros instead. Here's an example:

Meal 1:
Cooked Chicken Breast - 50g P
Cooked Rice - 40g C
Almonds - 10g F

It takes 20g of almonds to get 10g of fat but you only write the amount of fat you're getting, the same applies to the rest of your food.

You should be seeing weight gain on that for sure. That's a lot of protein.

Those protein amounts cant be right. That puts you around 500ish grams of protein a day. Youd have to be eating over a pound of pork tenderloin to be getting 119 grams of protein from it

Those protein amounts cant be right. That puts you around 500ish grams of protein a day. Youd have to be eating over a pound of pork tenderloin to be getting 119 grams of protein from it
Plus the egg whites

It'd be a hell of a lot easier if you just wrote the total amount of carbs/protein/fat in your macros instead. Here's an example:

Meal 1:
Cooked Chicken Breast - 50g P
Cooked Rice - 40g C
Almonds - 10g F

It takes 20g of almonds to get 10g of fat but you only write the amount of fat you're getting, the same applies to the rest of your food.

I shall do that from now, as I said this is my first time trying to put together a diet plan, i didn't really know how to set it out correctly.

Thank you

IML Gear Cream!

119g was the pork and the egg whites together. I've posted this from my iPhone, the format changed and the carbs protein and fats are for each meal over all

I shall do that from now, as I said this is my first time trying to put together a diet plan, i didn't really know how to set it out correctly.

Thank you

No problem, we all started somewhere. When you're figuring out how much protein, carbs, and fat are in each meal/food only count the macro you're looking for. So with the chicken breast only count the protein in it, not the fat. When you're counting your carb source don't count the fat or protein in it. Your overall calorie intake will be a bit higher than you calculated but that's ok, as long as you're consistent you'll be able to easily make adjustments to your diet plan as you go.

No problem, we all started somewhere. When you're figuring out how much protein, carbs, and fat are in each meal/food only count the macro you're looking for. So with the chicken breast only count the protein in it, not the fat. When you're counting your carb source don't count the fat or protein in it. Your overall calorie intake will be a bit higher than you calculated but that's ok, as long as you're consistent you'll be able to easily make adjustments to your diet plan as you go.

Okay that's great help. For this I've calculated the carbs, fat and protein for each food in each meal and as you say that's where I've gone wrong.

Thank you good sir!

Okay that's great help. For this I've calculated the carbs, fat and protein for each food in each meal and as you say that's where I've gone wrong.

Thank you good sir!

Haha you've gone wrong in a lot more places than just that but that's ok, just keep learning and asking smart questions. Like some guys have mentioned, it looks like your protein intake is way to high. When I have some time I'll try and go over your plan.

Hahah and I had no idea! That would be very useful if you could do that or just mention all my mistakes.

So youre going to be eating over 500 grams of protein a day at a bodyweight of around 185? That's waaaay too high. Plus it will cost a ton. Im sitting around 235 right now and in a mass gaining phase I only take in around 400 grams of protein....and some people would say that's even still too high

So youre going to be eating over 500 grams of protein a day at a bodyweight of around 185? That's waaaay too high. Plus it will cost a ton. Im sitting around 235 right now and in a mass gaining phase I only take in around 400 grams of protein....and some people would say that's even still too high

Like I said I'm only a beginner lol and don't know exactly what I'm doing. Any ideas and how much I should be consuming at my body weight ?

And i think some f your calculations are off. Like fore instance two salmon fillets at 123 grams of protein. An 8 ounce serving of salmon is about 41 grams of protein. So youd have to be eating 24 ounces of salmon that meal.

Like I said I'm only a beginner lol and don't know exactly what I'm doing. Any ideas and how much I should be consuming at my body weight ?

Probably closer to 275 grams. That puts you at 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight which I personally feel is about right for gaining mass

Probably closer to 275 grams. That puts you at 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight which I personally feel is about right for gaining mass

I obviously need to go back to the drawing board with this one! I will attempt another one and make changes as you guys have suggested. And do a lot more research while I'm at it!

Get Shredded!
I think your carbs look pretty good. Id start with protein at 275...carbs and fat where you have them now. If the gains slow down...id start by adding some more healthy fat into 3 and then adjust from there

I think your carbs look pretty good. Id start with protein at 275...carbs and fat where you have them now. If the gains slow down...id start by adding some more healthy fat into 3 and then adjust from there

Okay. I obviously need to go back to the drawing board with this, so I'll attempt another diet plan with the changes that you guys have suggested and see what I come up with. I will post the new one as soon as it is done.

Op you're doing great.

The overall layout, despite the numbers, is a great looking plan for a decently seasoned trainee. Considering your age, I think you are light years ahead of anyone close to your age in comprehension of food to eat.

Put it to work, journal all your meals, lifts and weigh ins. They journal will teach you more then any forum ever will.

Op you're doing great.

The overall layout, despite the numbers, is a great looking plan for a decently seasoned trainee. Considering your age, I think you are light years ahead of anyone close to your age in comprehension of food to eat.

Put it to work, journal all your meals, lifts and weigh ins. They journal will teach you more then any forum ever will.
I agree. Much more nutritionally balanced than a lot of the meal plans I see experienced guys putting together

Op you're doing great.

Ill take that compliment lol! I will be sure to adjust all the numbers as suggested and I will journal it all. I will update you guys to see how I'm getting on. Thank!

Woah. Slow down. Way to many calories man. If you're gaining over 1-2 pounds a month I assure you it's going to be more fat than muscle assuming it's not your first year lifting. Even then 2 pounds of muscle a month is a fast rate.

Okay so I took your guys advice and came up with a new diet plan. Here it goes...

Meal 1 - shake - 1,195 Kcal

140g Oats - 78g C
50g Peanut Butter - 25g F
230g Egg Whites - 27g P
1 Banana - 27g C
300ml Semi slimmed milk - 9g P

Meal 2 - 732 kcal

1 Cup brown rice - 45g P
250g Chicken breast - 78g P
100g Broccoli - 7g C
50g Almonds - 25g F

Meal 3 - 1,154 kcal

230g Salmon - 46g P
300g Sweet potato - 60g C
230g Egg whites - 27g P
50g Almonds - 25g F
30g Peanut butter - 15g F

Training: 1hr 30mins - 2hrs

Meal 4 - 760 kcal

1 Cup white rice - 45g C
250g Blueberries- 35g C

Meal 5 - 668 Kcal

125g Pork tenderloin - 34g P
1.5 Cups brown rice - 67g C
100g Broccoli - 7g C
2 rice cakes - 15g C

If I've got this right then that leaves me with;

299g - Protein
401g - Carbs
88g - Fat

I know I'm a bit over the 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight that Heavy hitter said would be best but this was what the numbers came out as from my second attempt.

So.. is it any better :/

Last edited:
I like this. Your macros are pretty balanced. I think this should be a great start to get you putting on some size(and if im being honest, ive always gone closer to the 2 gram per pound mark. And old thing form Dante Trudell that's always stuck with me). Great job

I like this. Your macros are pretty balanced. I think this should be a great start to get you putting on some size(and if im being honest, ive always gone closer to the 2 gram per pound mark. And old thing form Dante Trudell that's always stuck with me). Great job

Great! I'm looking forward to starting it and seeing how it goes. Thanks for the help man!

if I were gonna change anything it would be this

Meal 1 - shake - 1,195 Kcal

140g Oats - 78g C
50g Peanut Butter - 25g F
230g Egg Whites - 27g P
1 Banana - 27g C
300ml Semi slimmed milk - 9g P

Meal 2 - 732 kcal

1 Cup brown rice - 45g P change this to 1. cups rice
100g Broccoli - 7g C
50g Almonds - 25g F move this to meal 5

Meal 3 - 1,154 kcal

230g Salmon - 46g P
300g Sweet potato - 60g C
230g Egg whites - 27g P
50g Almonds - 25g F
30g Peanut butter - 15g F

Training: 1hr 30mins - 2hrs

Meal 4 - 760 kcal

1 Cup white rice - 45g C
250g Blueberries- 35g C

Meal 5 - 668 Kcal

125g Pork tenderloin - 34g P
1.5 Cups brown rice - 67g C make this1 cup rice
100g Broccoli - 7g C
2 rice cakes - 15g C add in the almonds from meal2

If I've got this right then that leaves me with;

299g - Protein
401g - Carbs
88g - Fat

I know I'm a bit over the 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight that Heavy hitter said would be best but this was what the numbers came out as from my second attempt.

So.. is it any better :/

I like the majority of my carbs pre workout and my fats towards the end of the day. This keeps fat gain minimal for me

Back