• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

First cycle questions

Dee1976

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hello ladies, I have just started a cycle of Var doing 5 in a.m. and 5 in p.m. A little background on me. I'm 5.6 and 145 pounds. Current BF% at about 21-22. I am 40. I've been training on and off for 20 years but consistsantly for 9 with one year off with pregnancy. I train 5-6 days per week with cardio in mornings as well as resistance training a little later in the day. My questions are: Has anyone experienced water retention in the first few weeks? My husband has been helping me but is new to this as well as he did the majority of the research. I also really don't feel or see anything different at all except some bloat that is driving me CRAZY! When should i notice a positive difference? I drink over a gallon of water per day and my diet is tight! Been watching sodium intake as well. It's not just the scale weight that is not budging it's the BF% so that's what's really aggravating. I've never had this problem getting the weight and BF to budge and honestly with my split the way it is now and I thought this would give me just that much more of an EDGE. Thanks in advance for any help.

image.jpegView attachment 26512
Idea of current progress.
Also sorry, today is day 8 of my cycle. Also I'm mid cycle on my monthly so it isn't that. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Hi!
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but barely a week in and you want results? That's a little silly. This isn't a miracle diet pill... far from it. Some women get water retention with var. So that's normal. Adjust your diet.

As for your weight loss and bf changes, again that doesn't happen over night. Besides, Var isn't a weight loss drug. You will add lean mass with it which in turn will help to reduce the bf. If you aren't at your goal weight right now, Var will only make you "thicker" . Your diet will play a huge role in the weight difference. Drop your calories into a deficit and keep pushing. Var will ensure you aren't losing any lean mass during your cycle.

Also, keep your doses closer together. Var has a 6-8 hr half life, so take your second dose 6 hrs after the first versus going 12 hrs in between.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response so quickly. I guess I should have been more clear on some things. I am certainly eating at a deficit on top of my training for a deficit as well. As of now I'm at 1600-1700 calories per day. I guess the way I asked the questions looked like I was expecting some real results at this point but that's not what I meant to say. In the past I have done a great job at a recomp. With the work I've done I've been able to lose about 60 pounds without losing muscle and even adding a tiny bit in the past 18 months or so. My weight will fluctuate after a cheat meal and depending on the time of the month of course but then it always comes off again. It hasn't come off this time with the work put in and the time like it always does and only since I started taking it. Just wondering how it may or may not be having an affect? That's especially why I was asking about water retention .... because that IS what it feels and looks like. My hands get right when I'm retaining water and they have been. Also, do you think I should lower my calories even more? My RMR is about 1400. I do know that is not a weight loss drug but wanted it to maybe help build a bit more while trying to lean out. Glad you told me about the life because I've been taking my second dose about 8 hours after. Thanks for the information .... really.

Thanks for the response so quickly. I guess I should have been more clear on some things. I am certainly eating at a deficit on top of my training for a deficit as well. As of now I'm at 1600-1700 calories per day. I guess the way I asked the questions looked like I was expecting some real results at this point but that's not what I meant to say. In the past I have done a great job at a recomp. With the work I've done I've been able to lose about 60 pounds without losing muscle and even adding a tiny bit in the past 18 months or so. My weight will fluctuate after a cheat meal and depending on the time of the month of course but then it always comes off again. It hasn't come off this time with the work put in and the time like it always does and only since I started taking it. Just wondering how it may or may not be having an affect? That's especially why I was asking about water retention .... because that IS what it feels and looks like. My hands get right when I'm retaining water and they have been. Also, do you think I should lower my calories even more? My RMR is about 1400. I do know that is not a weight loss drug but wanted it to maybe help build a bit more while trying to lean out. Glad you told me about the life because I've been taking my second dose about 8 hours after. Thanks for the information .... really.

Sorry that posted twice and I noticed one of my pictures didn't post as well. I'm not doing very well navigating through this site and can't figure out how to delete a reply yet from my phone. Lol!

I would definitely drop your calories and adjust your macros. If you're eating 1600-1700 now, that's only about 300 cals less from your maintenance based on your activity level. You could easily try 1400-1500. Var is great at keeping and adding lean mass. You can do some nice recomp with it in a 500-1000 Cal deficit. As long as your macros are adjusted according to your workouts.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Great! I can do that! I was at 1500 and doing ok but I have about 7 more lbs lbm since I did that little. My macros are set at 35/35/30 c/p/f right now. Thanks a BUNCH!

Are you sure it's legit var? Know other ladies who have used this particular lab successfully?

Hello ladies, I have just started a cycle of Var doing 5 in a.m. and 5 in p.m. A little background on me. I'm 5.6 and 145 pounds. Current BF% at about 21-22. I am 40. I've been training on and off for 20 years but consistsantly for 9 with one year off with pregnancy. I train 5-6 days per week with cardio in mornings as well as resistance training a little later in the day. My questions are: Has anyone experienced water retention in the first few weeks? My husband has been helping me but is new to this as well as he did the majority of the research. I also really don't feel or see anything different at all except some bloat that is driving me CRAZY! When should i notice a positive difference? I drink over a gallon of water per day and my diet is tight! Been watching sodium intake as well. It's not just the scale weight that is not budging it's the BF% so that's what's really aggravating. I've never had this problem getting the weight and BF to budge and honestly with my split the way it is now and I thought this would give me just that much more of an EDGE. Thanks in advance for any help.

Damn, if your seeing bloating on anavar what you have is not anavar, throw it away before you start getting bad side effects that are not reversalable.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
Damn, if your seeing bloating on anavar what you have is not anavar, throw it away before you start getting bad side effects that are not reversalable.

I stopped the cycle altogether. My husband researched it and bought through someone here. He looked into it a LOT! His stuff seems to be doing well for him. Maybe it's just my bodies reaction to it. I have also found that I have a couple other things going on with me so now wasn't a good time to continue after the findings. I'll need some blood work done soon to see about my iron levels in addition to my hormones to check my thyroid. Does anyone know when my bloods will be ok after about 2.5 weeks on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back