• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Exercise = elevate heart rate = good <BUT> stimulants = elevated heart rate = bad. Y?

jozifp103

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Exercise = elevate heart rate = good <BUT> stimulants = elevated heart rate = bad. Y?

Why is it that elevating your heart rat via exercise is good, but elevating it via stimulants (caffeine, clen, ephedrine, etc...) is bad?

Does anybody have some decent articles/studies on this? Or even some actual knowledge on it? I'll take your word for it.

Just tell me dammit. I hate cardio, but love Adderall and caffeine. Make me feel better about my habits so I can justify them to myself.

Thanks.

2lbjryd.jpg
2qvvxax.jpg

We're all going to kick the bucket in the end... Just do what you like and don't ever feel guilty about it.

I love diet Pepsi and now they are linking it to dementia and that it raises your lethal stroke rate 3 times!! So I'm going to die drinking a diet Pepsi, but luckily I won't remember it!

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

I'll throw out a few reasons, but not sure if any of them are true reasonings..

Possible adverse effects, drug-drug interactions,addiction, liver or renal disease, etc..

I'll throw out a few reasons, but not sure if any of them are true reasonings..

Possible adverse effects, drug-drug interactions,addiction, liver or renal disease, etc..
Yes those are all a risk as well. But my question is in regards to the heart itself. Like when people say don't do clen, it's bad for your heart. What makes it bad? It elevates your heart rate...but so does cardio. What makes one more dangerous than the other?

following-i'm curious as well!

Throwing out another idea / though,

Maybe short periods of elevated heart rate is beneficial, but prolonged periods causes damage as its constant pressure for many hours?

Throwing out another idea / though,

Maybe short periods of elevated heart rate is beneficial, but prolonged periods causes damage as its constant pressure for many hours?

I think that's right on target.

All tissues need rest. Even the brain... skip sleep for a day or two and your sanity slips, waking-dreaming state, hallucinations, complete memory loss, etc. Bedridden hospital patients atrophy and waste away, hence the big push to kick people out of bed sooner than ever before. Astronauts lose muscle and bone mass due to zero gravity -- hours per day of rigorous exercise in elaborate stretch-band contraptions only slows the effect. And yet, anyone doing chronic grinding physical activity will get permanent injuries via cartilage wearing away, bone spurs, inflammation and arthritis, etc. There's a healthy middle ground of activity and rest in cycles.

We're all going to kick the bucket in the end... Just do what you like and don't ever feel guilty about it.

I love diet Pepsi and now they are linking it to dementia and that it raises your lethal stroke rate 3 times!! So I'm going to die drinking a diet Pepsi, but luckily I won't remember it!

'They' didn't make that link which they even admitted to in a recent study that was published on this. Everything in moderation and you should be ok.

'They' didn't make that link which they even admitted to in a recent study that was published on this. Everything in moderation and you should be ok.
I didn't hear that... Had my wife tweaking on me to stop drinking it. I'll find the rebuttle and make her eat it.

Thanks for the heads up. Lol

So this has me interested and I asked my gf who is a nurse and her sister in law who is a doc. Neither were exactly sure why but both agreed stimulants were not good for your heart unless you need them. One thing we talked about was how when you exercise more blood runs through your heart, creating a greater amount of pressure so the muscle has to work harder to pump that pressurized blood whereas with a stimulant the pressure is not there. You can relate that pressure to weight training.... while on stimulants yes your heart is beating faster but let's say it's a brisk walk as exercise, whereas elevating your heart rate with cardio or weight training can be related to say doing squats or curls..... there is a resistance to the heart muscle due to that pressure.

Just thought of another good analogy. Comparing stimulants to those ab machines that shock your muscles.... they don't actually work them out and you won't get abs lol. You get out what you put in. There is no actual hypertrophy of the muscles so why would your body tell it to grow and become stronger?

Last edited:

lmao!!

Stimulants have toxins in them that damage the heart and cause arterial stiffness and damage. Cardio can reverse this damage to some extent.

Back