• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Anti-Seizure Medication For Weight Loss

Lokthan

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My wife has a few TBI injuries and has consistent headaches from it. Her doctor today recommended this anti seizure medication called Topiramate (topamax for generic). She told my wife that one of the side effects is weight loss.

I looked into it and users (literally almost ALL of them) lost an average of 3 to 5lbs a week. All with NO exercise and NO managed diet. They also reported no differences in eating patterns..it also acts as a strong sleep aid better than Ambien (tren!)

Has anyone heard of this before? If it spares muscle, could this be used as a super effective cutting agent?

Discuss

TBI and constant headaches?

Has she ever seen behavioral optometrist and been evaluated?

My supervisor was just taking about this the other day. His wife takes it for severe nerve pain. She takes 25mg/ed. She lost a lot of weight quickly as well.she went from a size 6 to a size 2 in roughly 6 weeks.

TBI and constant headaches?

Has she ever seen behavioral optometrist and been evaluated?
Yeah thats what she did today. Had a few concussions she was unaware about too. Has a brain scan in a few weeks

My supervisor was just taking about this the other day. His wife takes it for severe nerve pain. She takes 25mg/ed. She lost a lot of weight quickly as well.she went from a size 6 to a size 2 in roughly 6 weeks.
Thats what I'm saying dude. These people lose a considerable amount of weight. It could be used with gear (I think.) It can cause sever dehydration though

Yeah thats what she did today. Had a few concussions she was unaware about too. Has a brain scan in a few weeks

Only reason why I mention it is because I had a head injury with dizziness and headaches and doctors could not figure out what was wrong until I went to a behavioural optometrist and found out I had double vision. Had vision therapy for 16 weeks and I was cured.

I personally would not use anything like topamax, gabapentin, pregabalin for weight loss. They all have very high risk side effects up to and including suicidal ideation and loss of motor coordination. Coming off sustained use of any of these is also very difficult after longer term use, seizures are a common withdrawal effect. I've known a couple people personally who have come off gabapentin and topamax and had the worst month of their lives. Both had seizures while tapering off, as well as serious problems with motor skills and very debilitating mental problems.

I personally hate how readily doctors will prescribe these anticonvulsant medications above pain medications. The risks with these are MUCH greater than opiate addiction from what I've seen. I understand there are situations where they are needed but outside of that scope I wouldn't use them except as a last resort.

I personally would not use anything like topamax, gabapentin, pregabalin for weight loss. They all have very high risk side effects up to and including suicidal ideation and loss of motor coordination. Coming off sustained use of any of these is also very difficult after longer term use, seizures are a common withdrawal effect. I've known a couple people personally who have come off gabapentin and topamax and had the worst month of their lives. Both had seizures while tapering off, as well as serious problems with motor skills and very debilitating mental problems.

I personally hate how readily doctors will prescribe these anticonvulsant medications above pain medications. The risks with these are MUCH greater than opiate addiction from what I've seen. I understand there are situations where they are needed but outside of that scope I wouldn't use them except as a last resort.
This is why I ask these questions. I want to hear the negatives on this. Ill have to bring that up to the wife.

Do you by chance know what mg they were on and for how long?

My wife has a few TBI injuries and has consistent headaches from it. Her doctor today recommended this anti seizure medication called Topiramate (topamax for generic). She told my wife that one of the side effects is weight loss.

I looked into it and users (literally almost ALL of them) lost an average of 3 to 5lbs a week. All with NO exercise and NO managed diet. They also reported no differences in eating patterns..it also acts as a strong sleep aid better than Ambien (tren!)

Has anyone heard of this before? If it spares muscle, could this be used as a super effective cutting agent?

Discuss
Very interesting, I've heard of Topamax but didn't know about the weight loss or sedation. I'm definitely going to take a harder look at this. Thanks

You let this get out and your going to have a surge in women asking for Topamax scripts, lol.

Amphetamine will also help with weight loss.
I take Adderall every day, have had adhd for my whole life. I could have never gotten through college and law school without it. I also could never do the type of work I do most of the time now with out it. I use as little as I can get away with. It will cause weight loss, mostly because in the beginning people just don't want to eat. But it's so important, when taking Adderall, to drink alot of water(not iced tea or coffee or soda, lol) and eat regularly. At this point it doesn't affect my weight or eating habits at all. The biggest problem with amphetamine based drugs us the abuse potential.

This is why, before jumping on a drug because you hear some really promising things isn't smart until you do complete research on it. Now it doesn't seem so great, still I'm going to look into it.

I take Adderall every day, have had adhd for my whole life. I could have never gotten through college and law school without it. I also could never do the type of work I do most of the time now with out it. I use as little as I can get away with. It will cause weight loss, mostly because in the beginning people just don't want to eat. But it's so important, when taking Adderall, to drink alot of water(not iced tea or coffee or soda, lol) and eat regularly. At this point it doesn't affect my weight or eating habits at all. The biggest problem with amphetamine based drugs us the abuse potential.
Yeah I'm on Adderall again, 10mg a day. I don't think it would do anything lower though. I think the same way about the the ADHD meds, I use the least amount feasible and take drug holidays. By that I mean every couple of weeks I'll take about three days off just so my tolerance drops a little. It's really difficult with what I do for work now but I think the drug holidays are really important for these stimulants to keep working good.
This is why, before jumping on a drug because you hear some really promising things isn't smart until you do complete research on it. Now it doesn't seem so great, still I'm going to look into it.
Yeah they're pretty risky meds. I've always looked up everything about pharmaceutical drugs before I actually take them. I keep a nursing drug reference guide handy so I can lookup all the interactions, contraindications, etc before I'll touch them. Do some research though. I believe both people I'm referring to were on then for over a year straight, but I was given gabapentin for about two months at one point and I had strange symptoms when I came off, mostly heavy mood swings and some balance problems. At the time my neck was so bad off I determined the risks were worth the rewards, until I started having strange semi-suicidal thoughts. Then I did more research and found out that it was the medication causing it, so that was that. I've never had a true suicidal thought in my life so I knew the meds were doing something bad.

That said, I'll use a Lyrica (pregabalin) here and there when I'm having severe nerve pain. But I'm talking once or twice a month, a 50mg dose. Not real risky IMO, same could be done with gabapentin. It'll just make you so tired you can't function when used occasionally lol

Yeah I'm on Adderall again, 10mg a day. I don't think it would do anything lower though. I think the same way about the the ADHD meds, I use the least amount feasible and take drug holidays. By that I mean every couple of weeks I'll take about three days off just so my tolerance drops a little. It's really difficult with what I do for work now but I think the drug holidays are really important for these stimulants to keep working good.

Yeah they're pretty risky meds. I've always looked up everything about pharmaceutical drugs before I actually take them. I keep a nursing drug reference guide handy so I can lookup all the interactions, contraindications, etc before I'll touch them. Do some research though. I believe both people I'm referring to were on then for over a year straight, but I was given gabapentin for about two months at one point and I had strange symptoms when I came off, mostly heavy mood swings and some balance problems. At the time my neck was so bad off I determined the risks were worth the rewards, until I started having strange semi-suicidal thoughts. Then I did more research and found out that it was the medication causing it, so that was that. I've never had a true suicidal thought in my life so I knew the meds were doing something bad.

That said, I'll use a Lyrica (pregabalin) here and there when I'm having severe nerve pain. But I'm talking once or twice a month, a 50mg dose. Not real risky IMO, same could be done with gabapentin. It'll just make you so tired you can't function when used occasionally lol
Yeah, I do skip days of Adderall on the weekends sometimes. But I have to take it Monday through Friday. I usually don't take it in Sundays and I feel fine. I usually do take it on Saturday though cause I get up and go to the gym early. No pre-workout supplement can compare to an amphetamine, lol.

Yeah, I do skip days of Adderall on the weekends sometimes. But I have to take it Monday through Friday. I usually don't take it in Sundays and I feel fine. I usually do take it on Saturday though cause I get up and go to the gym early. No pre-workout supplement can compare to an amphetamine, lol.
No shit, great preworkout. Yeah it works so much better when you give it some breaks. Now this is complete bro science here, but I used to find that using ketotifen actually does help keep the amps working better too. I'd imagine in the same way it works for clenbuterol by clearing the adrenergic receptors. I'll be testing that out again in a month or so. I'm curious if others have ever noticed that too

Back