• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Filtering process.

Get Shredded!
Millipore vacuum driven disposable filtering cup is one of the most sold and respected filters on the market. There is NO plastic in my gear dude. You are off your rocker. I have 9 years experience in brewing. I know what I'm doing. You're starting to irritate me with your negativity and loss of brain function. So I will not be replying to anymore of your posts, and keep myself professional. Have a good Sunday.
You have a good weekend too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

From specs it looks like a great filter, that isn't intended for ba. At the very least you could go glass for future "humanitarian" effort but hey, I'm sure the chemical grading process is wrong!

Guess prime had a great idea though, more labs should show their equipment.

Polystyrene (what's used for the filter tops and receivers) has good resistance to alcohols and solvents (tested against concentrated tech grades). These are single use systems and work well. Let's be honest we're talking low concentration solvents (in comparison) and heat levels that should fall within manufacturer specifications. He's not filtering 85% toluene with it...Could reusable glass filter tops and vac flasks be used, definitely, but it requires much more equipment just to sterilize. Nalgene and Millipore are effective and convenient. Anyone who has brewed has ran these filtering units.

Polystyrene (what's used for the filter tops and receivers) has good resistance to alcohols and solvents (tested against concentrated tech grades). These are single use systems and work well. Let's be honest we're talking low concentration solvents (in comparison) and heat levels that should fall within manufacturer specifications. He's not filtering 85% toluene with it...Could reusable glass filter tops and vac flasks be used, definitely, but it requires much more equipment just to sterilize. Nalgene and Millipore are effective and convenient. Anyone who has brewed has ran these filtering units.

Thank you for the intelligent feedback good sir.

You are spot on.

BA content of <3% will not affect plastic for the very short period of time it is in contact with it.

These chemical resistance charts deal with absolutes. As in 100% BA and over a long duration of time.

Still, glass is obviously the best way to go.

You are spot on.

BA content of <3% will not affect plastic for the very short period of time it is in contact with it.

These chemical resistance charts deal with absolutes. As in 100% BA and over a long duration of time.

Still, glass is obviously the best way to go.

So your a Prime rep now....Lol. JK ....Good info.
So his filtering setup is g2g then huh.

So your a Prime rep now....Lol. JK ....Good info.
So his filtering setup is g2g then huh.

Oh hell no!

But right is right.

I work with various chemicals for a living. That is the only reason why I had an opinion.

But as to filtering I am not knowledgeable in that area.

Just asking a question here. Wouldn't a nylon filter be better?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Is ba listed as a solvent for poly"s like polystyrene? I know bb is.

Just asking a question here. Wouldn't a nylon filter be better?

Filter membrane material is different pvdf is the way to go. You can use polystyrene bottletop filters and nylon membranes but i wont.

IML Gear Cream!
Filter membrane material is different pvdf is the way to go. You can use polystyrene bottletop filters and nylon membranes but i wont.

I agree and also I use nothing but PVDF.

Is that because of the EO or is there another reason? Thanks for the help brother...

Ive learned quite a bit in this thread, apparently so has the lab who uses the equipment we're talking about.

Is that because of the EO or is there another reason? Thanks for the help brother...

Not sure about eo but bb is on the nono list for nylon as far as chemical resistance bb is benzyl alcohol and benzoic acid

Nylon had good resistance to oleic acid and ethanol (EO, ethyl oleate), it however, severely deteriorates in benzoic acid and benzyl alcohol. Again you have to question concentrations though. Many swear by nylon and have had no issues. I personally i use pvdf as it has the broadest compatibility range. I've had no issues. I haven't brewed a ton of gear either though. So there's that factor as well.

I think a correct filtering process is VERY important. I hope I'm not out of line but I'd like to see all the UGL's filtering process. Prime-Pharma uses a (2) step process... pre-filter with a .45 and final filter with a .22. Our gear has been tested in a laboratory and the results were 100% sterile. I think the members here at ASF deserve the transparency of what they are putting in their bodies. We are VERY proud of our process. Our gear is smooth as silk ZERO pip and 100% sterile. I'll start and hopefully all the other UGL's can join in so we can show these ASF members we are doing EVERYTHING we can to keep them safe. Also here is the lab results proving Prime-Pharma is 100% sterile-

http://www.anabolicsteroidforums.com/showthread.php/67167-Tren-ace-100mg-ml-bac-test

It looks sooooo cool dude

Nylon had good resistance to oleic acid and ethanol (EO, ethyl oleate), it however, severely deteriorates in benzoic acid and benzyl alcohol. Again you have to question concentrations though. Many swear by nylon and have had no issues. I personally i use pvdf as it has the broadest compatibility range. I've had no issues. I haven't brewed a ton of gear either though. So there's that factor as well.
I appreciate that reply I'm going to try the nylon since I already have it then switch to pvfd...

I've worked with sterile procedure before (worked doing sterility tests in a mycro lab of a Big US pharm compounding and packaging company, as well as doing dosage uniformity, assay, and impurity analysis) and the glass is the way to go. Glassware is usually washed with a simple detergent(something like jet-dri), rinsed with di water, then with 95% ethanol, then allowed to dry. In only the most sensitive impurity testing applications would the glassware be re-rinsed with methanol and allowed to air dry in a fume-hood just prior to use. The glassware is sterile and free from any contaminants at that point. Realistically, the only thing that need be done is washing with a good detergent, rinse with distilled water, then a rinse with ethanol (everclear is of the same grade that USP 95% ethanol). Anything prepared that way would pass any impurities/microbiological test. Chemical sterilization(ethanol) is how we sterilized many pieces immediately before use. Anything stored was usually autoclaved, which by the way can be done in a pressure cooker at 20PSI, but thats only needed for samples that need sterilizing after they have been packaged.

PVDF is a good choice for any type of oil, ester, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, MCT, Propylene glycol,PEG,Acetic acid, even Ethyl oleate(is an ester of oleic acid) many plastics arent too stable around esters. Having said that PTFE is the best choice given all of the above compounds that might be filtered in the manufacture of compounds of interest. A diaphragm filter setup like you are using above is identical to the type we always used to filter all of our solutions, the only difference being they were usually stainless, but we usually filtered 4 liters at a time.

The thing that concerns me the most is ever vial i've seen has a butyl-rubber stopper/septum, that isint even PTFE lined on the inside. Butyl-rubber(this is usually what the plunger on syringes is made from) is particularly sensitive to many of the compounds i've listed above. When I get around to mixing up anything like this myself, I'll def. be using silicone septa. They are the most resistant of the options to choose from. Thats the biggest reason not to pre-load syringes unless they are aqueous solutions(IGF-LR3, HGH, HCG, etc.)

Another think I just love is this clown ranting about, but.but.but...my stuffs sterile.but.but And why the hell would you filter something twice, these things arent coffee filters and your not filtering meth thru them. One pass through a 0.22 and the stuff is sterile, take the money you wasted on the 0.45's and get glass. Lab glassware is def. a buy it once, as long as its not off ebay...

Solid post! I wish I could of asked him what he uses for a laminar vent hood, my guess is nothing even though I have seen some very nice diy ones that weren't too expensive. Wouldn't of minded asking him to show a pic of his stir stick, probably metal and saying its harmless lol! I read the same thing ur talking about elsewhere where the vial toppers were getting eaten by the chemicals and they switched to the type your talking about and never bought from a lab again. Makes me think certain oils with higher acidic properties (eo,ba,bb, definitely guicalol and definitely spelling it wrong) could definitely break down the vial stoppers by weakening them. Then u push ur pin and and pieces are floating w likely micro stuff you can't see that diluted. The more I've read the more I can't wait for the rest of my supplies to show and brew my own. I'll have no worries and know its don't the best it could be outside a true lab.

Just google image search diy laminar flow hood. Very simple to build.

Get Shredded!
Good post man. He came up with the whole double filtering bullshit when he was called out for using a .45 filter instead of a .22 so he tried to make some shit up. Lol

prime must have been short for Primitive. hands down most unprofessional shop ive ever seen on asf.

Back