• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Keto suggestions

gregsmith37

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hi guys. I have never done a keto diet before and I'm wanting to start one to try to get rid of some of this unwanted fat I have. So stats. 6'2" 250 right about 15-18% fat depending on what contraption i use to measure it. So from everything ive read i am thinking about 250 protein and 250 fat and then maybe have some broccoli with lunch and dinner. Does it sound like im on the right track or am i way off base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a lot of variations of keto and you just opened a can of worms but here is my 2 cents I prefer the Pulumbo style clean keto with lean meats and added healthy fats and I do about 60 percent protein 35 percent fats 5 percent carbs all from Fibrous veggies . A lot will argue.too much protein. And too low fat but this works extremely well for me. An example of one of my meals would be 6 oz salmon small leafy salad with Tbs mac oil and 15 grams almonds

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I did keto years back... Now when I cut i will stay above the keto level. I feel better, not as cranky, seem to have a little more energy. It takes me an extra week or two to get down to the same bf%. However, I think staying above keto levels will help maintain muscle (even on gear) easier.. An extra week or two during contest prep isnt that big of deal. Just start my cut a lil sooner. Get ketone strips and see where you are at and youll see how many carbs you can eat if you maintain a steady training and cardio program... Just some thoughts

I am 250 as well this keto diet worked well for me. Putting up my daily guideline so you can see. You will get headaches for the first 24 hours or agitated, but your body will adjust. I do a refeed or carb load every 14 day or earlier depending on how I feel.

Meal 1 6 whole Omega-3 eggs
55protein 30 fat

Meal 2 8oz chicken with 1/2 cup raw almonds
80 protein 14 carbs 36 fat

Meal 3 60g whey with 2 udos oil
60 protein 24 fat

Meal 4 8oz salmon with 1 cup asparagus with 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
48 protein 5 carbs fat 40

Meal 5 60 g whey with 2 tablespoon PB
68 protein 6 carbs 16 fat

Meal 6 6 whole eggs Omega-3 eggs
55 protein 30 fat

366 protein / 25 carbs / 176 fat

Awesome thank you I will have to give that a try

Well so far I've lost 14 pounds in 10 days on this keto diet. Realistically I would say I know it's mostly water weight but still pretty cool been years since I've seen below 240

I think keto will be the path for me to finally get lean. Im probably in the 16-18% range. I only made it 9 days before I binged on carbs (and a few vodka tonics with the boys). But I think a keto style is manageable for me granted I can add in a refeed once a week or every other. Im mostly concerned about strength loss. Whats been everyones experience with losing strength on a keto deficit?

I can't really speak to strength loss right now because I'm in need of carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel surgeries so I've been steadily losing strength for a while from that. Biggest thing I've noticed (aside from the weight loss) is I'm hungry more often than before when i was eating a bunch of carbs

All my research tells me the opposite. After being on a keto diet for an extended period, your body becomes more proficient at using its own body fat for energy. Meaning you fell hungry less often. However, I got a similar side effect as you. I was eating keto but still eating a fuckton of food. Hungry all the time. I could definitely bulk on a keto diet easy.

I am 250 as well this keto diet worked well for me. Putting up my daily guideline so you can see. You will get headaches for the first 24 hours or agitated, but your body will adjust. I do a refeed or carb load every 14 day or earlier depending on how I feel.

55protein 30 fat

60 protein 24 fat

55 protein 30 fat

Recheck your numbers.
They are way off...

IML Gear Cream!
I think part of it for me is my body doesn't seem to process carbs very efficiently so i was constantly bloated and all that but now im actually processing the food i eat like I should so I don't have the gas and stomach discomfort causing me to not be able to eat as much as I should

yeah how do you get 80 grams of protein out of 8oz of chicken . if if its weighed post cooked

Not trying to discourage anyone from a diet that's working but the OP's question was about keto. I would be interested to see someone using that diet test for keto using stix because the ratios are way off. I would also definitely not use whey due to it raising insulin levels.
The diet listed sounds more like a hybrid diet than keto but like I said, if it works for you, great!

I'm starting a carb cycling/keto diet this coming weekend....3 days of keto eating, 4th day carb refeed. No way I can go full on keto for extended time, my body processes carbs well and I don't want to lose to much size while doing this. My 17 yr old son is doing it with me, he wants to lean out, he's already about 12% and a competitive swimmer.

Not trying to discourage anyone from a diet that's working but the OP's question was about keto. I would be interested to see someone using that diet test for keto using stix because the ratios are way off. I would also definitely not use whey due to it raising insulin levels.
The diet listed sounds more like a hybrid diet than keto but like I said, if it works for you, great!

Keep whey around 35 grams and add PB to slow down absorption and prevent gluconeogensis

Whey isn't necessary on a true keto diet as it is a medium protein diet.
You get all the protein and fat in the proper ratios if you eat the proper foods.

Keep whey around 35 grams and add PB to slow down absorption and prevent gluconeogensis
It isn't gluconeogenesis but insulin spikes that you want to prevent. Gluconeogenesis is what the body does to keep you blood sugar up for brain function if necessary.

This is all helpful stuff. I'm reading up on Keto, a buddy of mine on here does it.

I was reading his numbers and got confused as hell. I was thinking i was getting it all confused but you guys got me back on track. His meal plan yhat was posted looked nothing like keto. Looked like a high protein diet to me.

Doesnt the fats need to be around 75%, protein 20%, and carbs 5%?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Get Shredded!
Look at the macronutrients of an egg. Perfect keto balance.
Good luck. It works great.

I've been doing a big beefy steak, and then taking a small dish, putting a stick of butter in it, melting it and using that as dipping sauce. Works wonders for adding extra fat to the steak.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at the macronutrients of an egg. Perfect keto balance.
Good luck. It works great.

Agreed. I have six eggs scrambled every morning with a decent dab of butter to go with it. Shredded cheese on top. Taste amazing.

55protein 30 fat

60 protein 24 fat

55 protein 30 fat

Youd be lucky if you ever actually got into keto with a diet like that. Far too mucb protein

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Youd be lucky if you ever actually got into keto with a diet like that. Far too mucb protein

You think it's possible to stay in keto with 100-200 g a day if carbs. Before or after work outs . At night.

Yes I know the common template for keto btw. Just disagree. Depending on activity level .

You think it's possible to stay in keto with 100-200 g a day if carbs. Before or after work outs . At night.

Yes I know the common template for keto btw. Just disagree. Depending on activity level .
Plenty of people stay in keto and have ~100g timed before and after yeah. But those are the people who A. Are 100% strict with their diet everyday to water and B. People who train intensely, like still doing fasted cardio or intense workouts which will definitely ensure they stay in keto. As long as carbs are timed around the best insulin response(workout) then ya you can definitely stay in keto.

I did 1 cup oats in the am for a few weeks as an experiment and stayed in keto, had better workouts too.

Back