• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Share your mistakes with past gear use (please):

Tall Deck

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I thought it would be extremely helpful to less experienced gear users like myself to hear about the mistakes that some of you more experienced and long time gear users have made in the past. Yep, this will take some honesty, but I for one sure do think it would be very helpful and that others can learn from your mistakes and avoid uneccessary side effects. Yeah, it's still gear all in all, and it still comes with it risks. I get that. But I still think that there are things to be learned from the road that others have traveled down already. Maybe this thread will turn out to be a dud, but I figured I'd give it a try anyway. I don't believe this is one of those sites that's all about certain actors merely pushing their gear to boost their sales. I believe that many are here to learn and also to be of help, so that's why I thought about starting a thread like this.

And if anyone has horror stories, then by all means bring it on, and let's hear it. Not for entertainment purposes, but for a warning to others, lest they make the same mistakes as you have. But I'm not asking for horror stories alone. I also invite stories of bad choices which lead to unsuccessfull cycles/poor results. I for one would like to hear what changes have made a considerable difference with regard to your training and especially gear choices, ( including things like excessive cycle durations, PCT that wasn't adequate, etc). I made the mistake 12 years ago of remaining on a Trenbolone cycle for too long with a dosage that was too high, ( 16 weeks@150mg daily of acetate) and I didn't use HCG, and also I stayed on Nolvadex for only 6 weeks for PCT. I learned the hard way that 6 weeks recovery period with anti-E's after a 16 week blast wasn't long enough, and I experienced some minor gyno as sson as I halted the Nolvadex. I say minor, but even minor gyno sucks.

I didn't start early enough and didn't take enough.

I listened and heeded the advice of people before doing any research on my own, as these people stood firm saying "just do this, trust me"... What may work for them may not be the same for you!

That was a very long time ago

secondly, my biggest mistake is letting my ego get the best of me because it will congest and hinder all logic.. If one is good, two will be better, and 3 will be amazing, right? Wrong..

One thing I learned early on and fast was use labs that are tried and proven(yrs if possible). Just don't jump on some new lab because everyone else is. It really sucks to put in a lot of time and money with good food only to realize your gear is sub par. Price isn't a problem for me, but I ALWAYS see noobs only worried about price. That is bad! You're probably getting what you paid for. Do research and really study your lab of choice.

Not eating enough food while on cycle. It's a waste if you don't.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I started too early and riddled myself with injuries. I'm only 25, but there's A LOT of things I would have done differently 6 years ago if I could.

Back when "research" consisted of reading Dan Duchaine's book and Bill Phillip's Reference Guide, and talking to some gym bros: Running a 12 week cycle of Deca, Primo, and something I thought was Sust but clearly wasn't. All sourced in Mexico, sometime in the late 90s or so.

I was too young (maybe 20 at the time), under fed, shitty training, and thought I was HARD CORE.

I put on probably 25lb in that cycle, bloated, so much water retention, Deca dick, and acne. My lifts took off, and I clearly put some lean mass on... but no PCT other than Nolvadex for a week or so. Lost whatever shitty gainz I made within a couple months.

And I did it again 6 months later.....

1988, before the word steroid was really even known in the mainstream public. I literally typed with a typewriter on a piece of paper the size of a script, a prescription for 100 Anadrol tablets. I took it to a local drug store pharmacy and they ordered it for me to pick up the next day. I can remember trying not to smile as I walked away from the counter. It was $89 plus tax for Syntex/2902 pharm grade tablets.

I started taking them 50mg/day. I had no idea what I was doing but I'd heard in Dan Duchaine's book that it was the strongest. I took it for almost 4 weeks and started feeling fucked up pain in my gut area. So I stopped. That was it, I had nothing else. Slowly started developing gyno and had no idea what to do. Figured it'd go away but it didn't. Luckily it's not horrible but it's not good.
I would love to see that script I made again just so I could laugh at how unbelievably homemade it looked and yet it still worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started too early and riddled myself with injuries. I'm only 25, but there's A LOT of things I would have done differently 6 years ago if I could.
On the same boat as you... two torn labrums, currently prepping through it.

Still young here

IML Gear Cream!
I am still new compared to most here, but I made the mistake of buying really cheap crap gear on sale one time....PIP was unreal. RC labs.

If the gear is half the cost of most others, IMO I wouldn't even consider it.

Great Thread OP , subbed !

I no longer mix test Susp (water) and any other oilbased steroid on the same syringe. Talk about crippling PiP...

Some guys can get away with it. I cant .

I am still new compared to most here, but I made the mistake of buying really cheap crap gear on sale one time....PIP was unreal. RC labs.

If the gear is half the cost of most others, IMO I wouldn't even consider it.

Woof, woof.. :coffee:

I no longer mix test Susp (water) and any other oilbased steroid on the same syringe. Talk about crippling PiP...

and I cant do high volume injections..regardless of the area, I have to minimize my sites to low volume..How some guys can squeeze ml after ml after ml into the same site over and over baffles me

I did something stupid today, i drew up my trt dose, I injected it and got ready for work, after a few minutes I get a familiar taste in my mouth, FUCK, I just pinned a PWO and omw to work, I ended up calling in, and going to the gym. Next time I'll double check the label before I draw up.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Not eating enough. My first one I didn't eat as much as I should have and it really made a difference. After that I learned how to eat right and next thing you know I was cutting on 3600 cals. Food is the number one fuck up of guys that use gear. I'd be willing to say at least 90+% of guys that squeeze don't eat right/enough, which is why they never progress like they should.

Also not staying hydrated. Just learned this lesson. Started tren a couple weeks ago and let myself get dehydrated. Ended up with a trip to the hospital last Friday, a catheter for the night, and morphine so my kidneys stopped hurting. Gave me interstitial cystitis, basically my dick hole and bladder are inflamed so it backed up into my kidneys. Now I'm on bactrim and flomax for a couple weeks. I have to sit to piss because it sprays everywhere lol. Now that's humiliating

I didn't start early enough and didn't take enough.
I can relate to the first part. I didn't try any gear until I was 43 yrs old. Well past my prime. I had perscriptions in my hand from the doctor for Anavar, Anadrol, Deca and Nolvadex back in 1986 when I was 25 and it was still legal for docs to perscribe them for althletic purposes. But I was scared of the side effects and I never used them.

1988, before the word steroid was really even known in the mainstream public. I literally typed with a typewriter on a piece of paper the size of a script, a prescription for 100 Anadrol tablets. I took it to a local drug store pharmacy and they ordered it for me to pick up the next day. I can remember trying not to smile as I walked away from the counter. It was $89 plus tax for Syntex/2902 pharm grade tablets.

I started taking them 50mg/day. I had no idea what I was doing but I'd heard in Dan Duchaine's book that it was the strongest. I took it for almost 4 weeks and started feeling fucked up pain in my gut area. So I stopped. That was it, I had nothing else. Slowly started developing gyno and had no idea what to do. Figured it'd go away but it didn't. Luckily it's not horrible but it's not good.
I would love to see that script I made again just so I could laugh at how unbelievably homemade it looked and yet it still worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow!! That's quite a story LOL.

Tall Deck OP

Kudos to you for making posts like you are asking questions and getting around the angles with attempting to understand things from all sorts of the spectrum..
Thanks for the encouragement. I could use it. I didn't know if I was gonna get laughed off the board for starting a thread like this, but because I felt the need to, I had to do it. I figured that if a thread like this didn't go over too well, then it would've been time for me to move on because in that case, I would've been on the wrong board and barking up the wrong tree. I'm very appreciative of everyone's participation and input so far. Good stuff!!!!

Thanks my friend.

I did something stupid today, i drew up my trt dose, I injected it and got ready for work, after a few minutes I get a familiar taste in my mouth, FUCK, I just pinned a PWO and omw to work, I ended up calling in, and going to the gym. Next time I'll double check the label before I draw up.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Sorry if I'm a little slow with the abbreviations, but I have to ask: what is "PWO" and "OMW"??

Not eating enough. My first one I didn't eat as much as I should have and it really made a difference. After that I learned how to eat right and next thing you know I was cutting on 3600 cals. Food is the number one fuck up of guys that use gear. I'd be willing to say at least 90+% of guys that squeeze don't eat right/enough, which is why they never progress like they should.

Also not staying hydrated. Just learned this lesson. Started tren a couple weeks ago and let myself get dehydrated. Ended up with a trip to the hospital last Friday, a catheter for the night, and morphine so my kidneys stopped hurting. Gave me interstitial cystitis, basically my dick hole and bladder are inflamed so it backed up into my kidneys. Now I'm on bactrim and flomax for a couple weeks. I have to sit to piss because it sprays everywhere lol. Now that's humiliating
Holy cow!!!! I knew about the hydration part, but in my view, it was mostly to avoid muscle cramping, with a secondary or fringe benefit of keeping the kidneys working good, but I didn't know all that has happened to you can be a possibility with gear use!!! Geez, I hope you get better soon my friend. Please keep us updated on your progress, and feel free to chime in this thread with that progress report on your health.

I just remembered another part to my first failed cycle...

Pinning twice a week with an 18ga needle.
Along with that, I had only 6 needles for the 12 week cycle. Those fuckers got dull by the third or fourth use... and no clue how I didn't get some kinda infection...

It's a little known thing. You rarely hear about it on the boards, same with permanent liver damage, heart problems, etc. I've seen a couple guys just locally that pushed it too far with orals and really fucked up their liver. Both of the guys I'm thinking of were on beta blockers and statins by the time they were 25 too, as well as stuff they use to treat cirrhosis. It's always the guys that push it too hard too fast because they want to be professional bbers and look like big Ronnie. They want it overnight and they kinda reaped what they sewed.

Anyhow, short story long lol. Tren especially is more toxic than people think. Not sure why it irritates the urinary tract but it definitely does. Happened to another guy I know too, he got a UTI on tren. Never had one before. I believe it's more common than we realize

Get Shredded!
It's a little known thing. You rarely hear about it on the boards, same with permanent liver damage, heart problems, etc. I've seen a couple guys just locally that pushed it too far with orals and really fucked up their liver. Both of the guys I'm thinking of were on beta blockers and statins by the time they were 25 too, as well as stuff they use to treat cirrhosis. It's always the guys that push it too hard too fast because they want to be professional bbers and look like big Ronnie. They want it overnight and they kinda reaped what they sewed.

Anyhow, short story long lol. Tren especially is more toxic than people think. Not sure why it irritates the urinary tract but it definitely does. Happened to another guy I know too, he got a UTI on tren. Never had one before. I believe it's more common than we realize

totally agree. everyone wants it now then when they get a lil they want to stay on the hard stuff way too long.
just cause you dont see the damage doesn't mean its not happening

listened to the wrong people. back then they were "old heads" and i thought " hey since they are much older and have been doing juice for many years they must know what they are talking about" so i failed to do my own actual research and was taking about 5 different drugs on my very first cycle. needless to say that didnt last long so i took time off and did the proper research and did a proper cycle with only 2 drugs. test and deca and had outstanding results. so you live an learn. i think those older guys still wouldnt know what arimadex is if it bit them in the dick.

I didnt start until I was 40. Thankfully I found this site and I can be sure it saved a LOT of issues. Never been close to gyno. Never ran gear without a AI or caber. Did my own first labs because of info on here. Ive always ran small doses, again because of this place. I did crank it up a bit this last run with Tren and my prostate told me enough is enough. Wont run it high again.

So I know its a bit off topic but Thanks to the members here for putting up with the basic shit questions. It really helps us newer guys.

I didnt start until I was 40. Thankfully I found this site and I can be sure it saved a LOT of issues. Never been close to gyno. Never ran gear without a AI or caber. Did my own first labs because of info on here. Ive always ran small doses, again because of this place. I did crank it up a bit this last run with Tren and my prostate told me enough is enough. Wont run it high again.

So I know its a bit off topic but Thanks to the members here for putting up with the basic shit questions. It really helps us newer guys.

thats what we are here for man. its the fuckers that wanna be spoon fed and not use the search function at all , thats my pet peeve.
questions, ask as many as it takes. when i started out 25 + years ago all you had to go on was the juice dealer in the locker room

Trying to pin boldenone prop was a HUGE mistake.. severe PIP and flu symptoms.

This is the absolute truth. Learned more from just taking the time to read and to ask the right people the right questions. Tons of knowledgeable people here. Still just a matter of reading long enough to figure out who knows what.
I think I've skipped a lot of mistakes because of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just remembered another part to my first failed cycle...

Pinning twice a week with an 18ga needle.
Along with that, I had only 6 needles for the 12 week cycle. Those fuckers got dull by the third or fourth use... and no clue how I didn't get some kinda infection...
Pokes with 18g pins????!!!! Man that must have caused some crippling pain!!! The largest I ever used was 21g and even that was a mistake. 18g are much bigger than 21g so I cannot even imagine how that must have felt!!! Must be like getting harpooned LOL.

totally agree. everyone wants it now then when they get a lil they want to stay on the hard stuff way too long.
just cause you dont see the damage doesn't mean its not happening
Well put guys.

Pokes with 18g pins????!!!! Man that must have caused some crippling pain!!! The largest I ever used was 21g and even that was a mistake. 18g are much bigger than 21g so I cannot even imagine how that must have felt!!! Must be like getting harpooned LOL.

I lived in a state that required a prescription for pins. Thought I was smart, and went to a veterinary supply store. They kept the pins behind the counter, and I had no real idea what I needed. 18 sounded pretty good. 2" seemed about right, too... asshole I got advice from was all "gotta get it in DEEP, works better that way."

Hurt like a motherfucker.

The following cycle, I got pins along with the gear in Mexico. 25ga insulin pins. Immediately felt like a moron with the first cycle, deemed myself an expert with this second cycle. hahahahahaha... Deca dick, bloating, anger issues galore.

First, I shoulda started years earlier.. Second and most important, is using crap gear from the *new shiney* UGLs that constantly have GREAT DEALS on gear or free gear with a purchase, got burned twice.. There are like maybe 6-8 UGLs that have been on ASF longer than I have and are reliable, the rest are all new, and a few have already come and gone in the past year. The first batch might be great, the next one might crisco, but its too late, they already have your money now that they earned your trust. Keep in mind the TYPE of business this really is.. Ultimately, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, is a completely true statement when it comes to gearz and a ugl.....

Back