• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Carbs, protein, fats help!

Jruss1991

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
On my second week of my first cycle of test cyp. taking 600mg split into 2 days (Sunday/Wednesday) current stats are 25yrs old 6ft 270lbs. Work a pretty active job and before I even workout at night I've burned about 4,000 calories. Just wanted to check what I found online. Says I should eat about 4,500 calories a day. Carbs 433g protein 289 and fats 107g. Currently I'm eating about half of that right now. Just want to double check if anyone thinks those numbers are to high I obviously don't want to gain weight except for muscle and the water weight. Want to lean out so that's my concern if anybody has any thoughts.

Last edited:
This is my current plan which I feel needs to be almost doubled for my goals.

Current plan
Breakfast
5 Eggs
1 slice Ezekiel bread
Greek yogurt with flax seeds

Mid morning snack
Oikos w/ granola

Lunch
Sweet potato
Broccoli
Ground turkey

Afternoon snack
Protein shake

Dinner
Sweet potato
Broccoli
Ground turkey

Before workout
Whey shake and white bread with peanut butter

Post workout
Whey shake
Broccoli
Sweet potato
Ground turkey

Bedtime
Cottage cheese

If you can't afford a coach at least pay one for a one time diet plan to get you started on the right direction. At your weight I'd personally run more test than that but I don't know any of your history.

Also you need to give us some serving sizes with what you're eating, how the hell are we supposed to know what your portions are .

PS post a pic and your body fat percentage. That's the only way anyone can truly give you proper advice.

4500 cal a day to lean out? probably not.

Your probably pretty over weight man.. 270lbs for a guy less than a inch taller than me is a lot of weight.

4500 cal a day to lean out? probably not.

Your probably pretty over weight man.. 270lbs for a guy less than a inch taller than me is a lot of weight.

i agree @270 and wanting to lean out, you're body fat is probably up there. you could attempt a recomp...maybe. At this point though, you should choose one goal add muscle, or drop bodyfat...dropping bodyfat would be a better option. use your cycle you help spare lbm...or do what most would suggest save the cycle and get your diet and training under control while at a moderate deficit. then add gear when your foundation is cleaned up. you'll end up doing what you want though, so now you have options.

36% is very dangerous for your health.
If I were you I would stay off gear until you learn how to eat. I would drop all sugar, grains, protein powders and all processed foods. Get your carbs from what grows in the ground and concentrate on eating beef, chicken, eggs and fish.
Good luck

Drop it
Get diet in check first and foremost
Pct immediately
Cleanse urself and start smart

Current plan
Breakfast
5 Eggs
1 slice Ezekiel bread

Mid morning snack
Oikos w/ granola

Lunch
Sweet potato
Broccoli
Ground turkey

Afternoon snack
Protein shake

Dinner
Sweet potato
Broccoli
Ground turkey

Before workout

Post workout
Whey shake
Broccoli
Sweet potato
Ground turkey

Bedtime
Cottage cheese

4500 cal is a lot to lean out. Is that what the calculator said to feed current body?

Post some pics or send to me in a pm and I will help out however I can. What's the workouts look like? What about cardio.

Your in the right place to get it figured out. Look into cyclical ketogenic diet. That might help you quite a bit as well. Unfortunately there is no cookie cutter diet. What works for 1 might not work for another but if we bounce enough ideas around and some trial and error you can figure it out!

Let me know if you need anything brother.

IML Gear Cream!
If you can't afford a coach at least pay one for a one time diet plan to get you started on the right direction. At your weight I'd personally run more test than that but I don't know any of your history.

Also you need to give us some serving sizes with what you're eating, how the hell are we supposed to know what your portions are .

If u burn 4000 but take in 4500 u are in a surplus. U can lean out but u will have to get your macros rite. For more info dm me and maybe I can help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Body fat is 36% bmi is 37

At 36% bf at 270lbs you need to drop about 70 pounds of fat man... That should get you to about 10% bf. I would concentrate on that personally and not worry about putting on muscle.

Ya brother at that body fat you don't want to risk the potential spike in BP. As the others have suggested, save that first round of money to get a diet plan and really take the guesswork out of it. If the diet isn't right the gear won't do as much as it could.

Your maintenance is around 4000 calories. *IF* you're as active as you say you are. You can't lie to yourself here. Eat around 3500 calories. Once you stop noticing results after a week drop it another 200. Repeat. Simple. Don't over think it. Macro make-up isn't all that important. 50C/30P/20F% split is fine.

There's no need to pay someone for a "diet plan". They all tell you to eat the same shit. Chicken, broccoli and sweet potatoes. Don't waste your money. Eat whole foods as 80% of your caloric intake and you will lose weight. Do NOT attempt to diet like a Bodybuilder in pre-comp.

Current plan
Breakfast
5 Eggs
1 slice Ezekiel bread

Mid morning snack
Oikos w/ granola

Lunch
Sweet potato
Broccoli
Ground turkey

Afternoon snack
Protein shake

Dinner
Sweet potato
Broccoli
Ground turkey

Before workout

Post workout
Whey shake
Broccoli
Sweet potato
Ground turkey

Bedtime
Cottage cheese

Curious why ur eating white bread pre workout and not post

Your maintenance is around 4000 calories. *IF* you're as active as you say you are. You can't lie to yourself here. Eat around 3500 calories. Once you stop noticing results after a week drop it another 200. Repeat. Simple. Don't over think it. Macro make-up isn't all that important. 50C/30P/20F% split is fine.

There's no need to pay someone for a "diet plan". They all tell you to eat the same shit. Chicken, broccoli and sweet potatoes. Don't waste your money. Eat whole foods as 80% of your caloric intake and you will lose weight. Do NOT attempt to diet like a Bodybuilder in pre-comp.

Don't be a cheap cunt like this guy and you'll get a good return on your investment. :coffee:

Don't be a cheap cunt like this guy and you'll get a good return on your investment. :coffee:
Yep, cheap cunt because I can write a diet just like everyone else and not charge 100$ a week to bullshit you about how often you need to change it up when you're 30% bodyfat.

The ONLY people who need professionally written diets are those in pre-comp, not average joe trying to get healthy. My friend who competes regularly has had Shelby Starnes coach him several times. He doesn't do much changing in the diet unless he starts looking flat at sub 6% body-fat and close to competition. And even then it's minuscule. Something that's entirely useless for a guy whose 36% bodyfat. But keep running in yourself in circles worrying about the little things.

That's why 80% of you don't get anywhere even with your abusive dosages of steroids. Too busy throwing money down the drain instead of putting any real work in.

Curious why ur eating white bread pre workout and not post
It's very common to see a fast digesting carb before workouts. Things like Fruity Pebbles seem to be popular among a lot of strength lifters. I myself personally do Rice Krispies and add Splenda. If they're anything like myself, I don't do well with heavy food in my stomach when lifting.

If it were me I would cut the sweet potatoes from your meals just do meat and vegetable. Carbs pre and post workout, and some carbs first thing in morning. Hit the cardio hard, drink lots of water and you'll see results. If you must be on gear I'd keep doses very low, as to not antagonize BP if your Bf% is really that high. You can't get shredded if you stroke out.

try to cycle through meats too don't just always eat turkey. Switch between chicken, turkey, beef and fish.

Get Shredded!
Yep, cheap cunt because I can write a diet just like everyone else and not charge 100$ a week to bullshit you about how often you need to change it up when you're 30% bodyfat.

The ONLY people who need professionally written diets are those in pre-comp, not average joe trying to get healthy. My friend who competes regularly has had Shelby Starnes coach him several times. He doesn't do much changing in the diet unless he starts looking flat at sub 6% body-fat and close to competition. And even then it's minuscule. Something that's entirely useless for a guy whose 36% bodyfat. But keep running in yourself in circles worrying about the little things.

That's why 80% of you don't get anywhere even with your abusive dosages of steroids. Too busy throwing money down the drain instead of putting any real work in.
I think diets are very individualistic.

I see guys talk about fasted cardio and I have no idea how they can do that.

Low carb, carb cycling and CKD are the death of me.

No way can I workout without an absolute minimum of 3 but usually 5 meals.

I can tell you I wasted a lot of time trying to figure it out on my own.

Hiring a coach even for three months can get you to that next level a lot quicker than trying to figure it out on your own.

Back