Suggestions for abs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rep Points

The stronger u make ur core the less ur back will hurt. One of the best thing for lower back pain is stretching everyday.
    Remember abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. It's all diet..

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime916 View Post
    For sure, I have lines now but I also have some extra skin from being a fat ass. So I thought I would work on em a bit and see how it goes.

Ok did more leg lifts today and ugh cardio lol. I also tried the on the knees with the cable pull downs. I was shocked it didn't hurt at all so I'll add that one.
    Kneeling cable crunches are my go to for abs.

Hanging knee/leg raises as well.

If you strengthen your posterior chain, it'll help a ton in the long run.
    Dispense Quick Rep

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I don't know anything about extra skin 
    cool sculpting lol,,, i'm gonna see if it can help with the fatty gyno i got.. lot cheaper than surgery and no down time

Rep Points

I have scoliosis and the 2 ab exersizes I do are planks and cable crunches on the lat pull down machine. Never get pain with those 2.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gold's Gym View Post
    The stronger u make ur core the less ur back will hurt. One of the best thing for lower back pain is stretching everyday.
    Remember abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. It's all diet..
    How exactly do you stretch your lower back, I could benefit from that

Rep Points

Any stretches for lower back n thighs will help allot. Just google it n u will find a allot of exercises. Some gyms will have stretching machines for u back also, precor, life fitness n freemotion to name a few have them.
    My chiropractor has a decompression machine that is amazing. They hook u into the machine, attach a harness to u and stretch out ur lower back for 20 mins. The machine will add weight each session u do pulling ur hips down harder each time.
    Many people have great results w this machine.

I Like Tren
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Honestly just practice vacuuming. Suck in as hard as you can and squeeze and repeat for reps. This require no flexion of the spine and strengthens the transverse abdominis which is neglected anyways.

I would recommend trying the cat/cow stretch in the mornings and before you go to sleep as well for your back rehab. Don't attempt if you have pain during the movement.

I Like Tren
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime916 View Post
    I did leg lifts with zero issues today. I did the seated machine with weight and bending over killed me bad! Is something like leg lifts enough? Ill try cable crunches tomorrow and see how they go. If I can move tomorrow lol.
    I don't recommend the machines for abs. They put unnecessary stress on the spine. Avoid crunches and weighted/non sit-ups. Do things that take the load off the spine and actually rehab the low back. I.E, Leg Lifts, Vacuuming (like I mentioned) Hyper-extensions and focus on squeezing the glutes hard. A Reverse-Hyper is amazing for low back rehab if you actually have it available.

Obviously, avoid any movement that hurts. Strengthening the deep core muscles, erectors, glutes and hamstrings take a lot off the spine. People avoid these muscles very commonly. And back pain is very common as a result. Weak glutes are a primary reason for lumbar problems. But you won't find that in a book anywhere.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Titan5011 View Post
    I don't recommend the machines for abs. They put unnecessary stress on the spine. Avoid crunches and weighted/non sit-ups. Do things that take the load off the spine and actually rehab the low back. I.E, Leg Lifts, Vacuuming (like I mentioned) Hyper-extensions and focus on squeezing the glutes hard. A Reverse-Hyper is amazing for low back rehab if you actually have it available.

Obviously, avoid any movement that hurts. Strengthening the deep core muscles, erectors, glutes and hamstrings take a lot off the spine. People avoid these muscles very commonly. And back pain is very common as a result. Weak glutes are a primary reason for lumbar problems. But you won't find that in a book anywhere.
    Thanks funny you say that. My legs and glutes are super weak and always have been.

I'll give this a shot. Thanks for the info!

Stats
    6'4 230lbs 12% BF