• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Suggestions for abs

bigtime916

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Little background. I've had 4 back surgeries and I'm still in a shit load of pain in my low back. I'm to the point where I can see lines in my stomach area but have no muscle. I tried today to do abs and the shit killed me.

So I wanted to know of any suggestions to do abs that won't kill my low back? Sux having the drive but the pain is stopping me.

What did you do for abs that day you tried?

I like leg lifts, planks and cable crunches... But I dont have back issues.

What did you do for abs that day you tried?

I like leg lifts, planks and cable crunches... But I dont have back issues.

I did leg lifts with zero issues today. I did the seated machine with weight and bending over killed me bad! Is something like leg lifts enough? Ill try cable crunches tomorrow and see how they go. If I can move tomorrow lol.

I did leg lifts with zero issues today. I did the seated machine with weight and bending over killed me bad! Is something like leg lifts enough? Ill try cable crunches tomorrow and see how they go. If I can move tomorrow lol.

Slow up the movement and do ten straight ten right oblique and ten left oblique as one set.. So sets of 30 if you can. But when i do that three or four times my abs are toast. atleast lower abs are..

I know you know this but diet will play a big role in abs also the lower the bf the more abs.

Hanging leg lifts to bar and decline sit ups. Not sure how they are on your back but by far most effective for me. Slow and full contractions. None of that crunching bs

This is what the Pit has turned in to..

Slow up the movement and do ten straight ten right oblique and ten left oblique as one set.. So sets of 30 if you can. But when i do that three or four times my abs are toast. atleast lower abs are..

I know you know this but diet will play a big role in abs also the lower the bf the more abs.

I dunno if its from lifting but my upper ABs are coming in. Lower isnt so much. Yeah diet is key and Ive been on top of it with this Tren cycle. Sux Im down on weight but I guess you have to lose the fat before the weight goes up.
Today I did 10 of each movement with the hanging legs. I kept them straight out and was pretty proud of that given my low back issues. Guess Ill just keep at it. I set a goal of June for overall where I want to be. Ill just keep grinding!

Little background. I've had 4 back surgeries and I'm still in a shit load of pain in my low back. I'm to the point where I can see lines in my stomach area but have no muscle. I tried today to do abs and the shit killed me.

So I wanted to know of any suggestions to do abs that won't kill my low back? Sux having the drive but the pain is stopping me.

I have a pretty bad lower back, herniated L3, and L4. I would suggest finding a good book on core training. I thought it was silly stuff until I tried it. There are many muscles, hamstrings, glutes, hips, multiple ab and girdle muscles that support your back. It all starts out with body weight. Give it a go.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pretty bad lower back, herniated L3, and L4. I would suggest finding a good book on core training. I thought it was silly stuff until I tried it. There are many muscles, hamstrings, glutes, hips, multiple ab and girdle muscles that support your back. It all starts out with body weight. Give it a go.

Good luck.

Thanks!

IML Gear Cream!
Your welcome. By the way, my lower back hates me. I grabbed really bad last spring and I had to go back to 65 lb deadlifts to recondition it. 3 weeks ago, I'm back up to 285, hoping to get back to three plates. Last Monday I'm start with leg press and squats,( no back or front squats at heavy weight any more). I move on to deads, start out with a 185 warm up, second rep my back says fuck you!! You are not doing that today. I was on my hands and knees trying to unload the barbell. No fellow back injury fucks in the gym to help me, just watching.

Your welcome, and again good luck.

i'd be really careful with those injuries man. when in doubt. drop the carbs a lil bit and crank the tren and GH.. you will see them
muscle or not, they are under there

Your abs should get indirectly trained by flexing them when training other muscles. Like noted above body fat will determine visibility.

Your abs should get indirectly trained by flexing them when training other muscles. Like noted above body fat will determine visibility.

For sure, I have lines now but I also have some extra skin from being a fat ass. So I thought I would work on em a bit and see how it goes.

Ok did more leg lifts today and ugh cardio lol. I also tried the on the knees with the cable pull downs. I was shocked it didn't hurt at all so I'll add that one.

The stronger u make ur core the less ur back will hurt. One of the best thing for lower back pain is stretching everyday.
Remember abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. It's all diet..

For sure, I have lines now but I also have some extra skin from being a fat ass. So I thought I would work on em a bit and see how it goes.

Ok did more leg lifts today and ugh cardio lol. I also tried the on the knees with the cable pull downs. I was shocked it didn't hurt at all so I'll add that one.
Kneeling cable crunches are my go to for abs.

Hanging knee/leg raises as well.

If you strengthen your posterior chain, it'll help a ton in the long run.

I have scoliosis and the 2 ab exersizes I do are planks and cable crunches on the lat pull down machine. Never get pain with those 2.

The stronger u make ur core the less ur back will hurt. One of the best thing for lower back pain is stretching everyday.
Remember abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. It's all diet..

How exactly do you stretch your lower back, I could benefit from that

Get Shredded!
Any stretches for lower back n thighs will help allot. Just google it n u will find a allot of exercises. Some gyms will have stretching machines for u back also, precor, life fitness n freemotion to name a few have them.
My chiropractor has a decompression machine that is amazing. They hook u into the machine, attach a harness to u and stretch out ur lower back for 20 mins. The machine will add weight each session u do pulling ur hips down harder each time.
Many people have great results w this machine.

Honestly just practice vacuuming. Suck in as hard as you can and squeeze and repeat for reps. This require no flexion of the spine and strengthens the transverse abdominis which is neglected anyways.

I would recommend trying the cat/cow stretch in the mornings and before you go to sleep as well for your back rehab. Don't attempt if you have pain during the movement.

I don't recommend the machines for abs. They put unnecessary stress on the spine. Avoid crunches and weighted/non sit-ups. Do things that take the load off the spine and actually rehab the low back. I.E, Leg Lifts, Vacuuming (like I mentioned) Hyper-extensions and focus on squeezing the glutes hard. A Reverse-Hyper is amazing for low back rehab if you actually have it available.

Obviously, avoid any movement that hurts. Strengthening the deep core muscles, erectors, glutes and hamstrings take a lot off the spine. People avoid these muscles very commonly. And back pain is very common as a result. Weak glutes are a primary reason for lumbar problems. But you won't find that in a book anywhere.

I don't recommend the machines for abs. They put unnecessary stress on the spine. Avoid crunches and weighted/non sit-ups. Do things that take the load off the spine and actually rehab the low back. I.E, Leg Lifts, Vacuuming (like I mentioned) Hyper-extensions and focus on squeezing the glutes hard. A Reverse-Hyper is amazing for low back rehab if you actually have it available.

Obviously, avoid any movement that hurts. Strengthening the deep core muscles, erectors, glutes and hamstrings take a lot off the spine. People avoid these muscles very commonly. And back pain is very common as a result. Weak glutes are a primary reason for lumbar problems. But you won't find that in a book anywhere.

Thanks funny you say that. My legs and glutes are super weak and always have been.

I'll give this a shot. Thanks for the info!

Back