Your preferred liver protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Rep Points

Your preferred liver protection

Yo guys, the titles pretty self explanatory, i had gotten blood work mid cycle around 6 months ago and was told i have the liver enzymes of a binge drinker. During that time i was only on milk thistle, and now come this cycle i'm on Himalayan Liver support because i was told it works wonders.

Anyways do you guys prefer natural liver supports, and if so which have you seen work best?

Gym Derelict

Rep Points

How high is high?

Rep Points

AST 160 IU
    ALT 140 IU

Gym Derelict

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by hannamuscles View Post
    AST 160 IU
    ALT 140 IU
    Yep, that's up there.

Methylated orals are a bitch.

I recommend not using them. Unless you are going pro or are a high level orals are just not necessary.

If you are going to use them go for a lower dose for a shorter time period and drink lots of water.

Only orals I use these days are anavar and proviron and those have bad side effects on my lipids.

Rep Points

Yea at the time the test was taken i was on Var 50mg Daily, now my current cycle has me doing 6weeks tbol into 6 weeks winny + oils, any recommendations on that?

Rep Points

AST 160 IU
    ALT 140 IU
    Those values are very high. Milk Thistle does nothing for liver protection or recovery. Your lab results are proof of this, but check out the good studies done on it to affirm.

TUDCA (or UDCA) have been proven to work to some extent with liver protection. This is supposed to be taken while on-cycle only. Do not preload with this either. I've read a few studies on TUDCA that show helped lower liver enzymes, and I plan to try it for the first time during an upcoming cycle, which includes 4 weeks of dbol. I plan to run the TUDCA at 750mg ED.

Also, as part of a PCT regime (or after an oral run) something called MIC (Methionine, Inositol and Choline) might be helpful in restoring healthy liver values. -- from what I've read, it's an old school BB amino acid combo that has some studies backing the claim of clearing a fatty liver. Try it for 30 days post, Methionine @ 1500mg, Inositol @ 3000mg, and Choline @ 3000mg ED. I used this after a 4 week cycle of Var and it restored healthy values much faster than my previous oral run, which excluded this regime.
    The information contained within this post is fictional conjecture, provided solely for entertainment purposes.

Rep Points

Liv52ds. All I've ever needed

Rep Points

Thanks for the incite guys will be researching everything listed for a better understanding, also @VTX ive heard liv52 is solid, might give it a go

Gym Derelict

Rep Points

Yea at the time the test was taken i was on Var 50mg Daily, now my current cycle has me doing 6weeks tbol into 6 weeks winny + oils, any recommendations on that?
    Anavar is very mild oral compared to halo, Drol and Sdrol.

When I run var my AST and ALT might be out of range but only by a very small amount. For you to be that high on var (if it was real var) is somewhat alarming.

Good for you getting labs, I would keep a very close watch on this when running orals in the future.

Rep Points

Glutathione

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Foursome View Post
    Anavar is very mild oral compared to halo, Drol and Sdrol.

When I run var my AST and ALT might be out of range but only by a very small amount. For you to be that high on var (if it was real var) is somewhat alarming.

Good for you getting labs, I would keep a very close watch on this when running orals in the future.
    Definitely will do, i might just be more susceptible to higher enzymes w orals who knows. But honestly i feel as though labs are as required as an AI or PCT for any cycle. If youre not getting labs you have no idea what youre doing to your body. And i dont know about other guys, but im trying to live a decent life after looking big too

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by VTX View Post
    Liv52ds. All I've ever needed
    this stuff is the best.

Rep Points

I only did pins and my counts were 69/65 after 2 months after last pin and only was on milk thistle. I am now trying out Piana Organ Defense to see how his stuff improves my numbers but just read up on the Liv.52 from India and sounds promising. Just ordered some and it's cheap as hell too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rep Points

Keep in mind weightlifting can show an increase in AST/ALT as well:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2291230/

When I get blood tests a day or two after heavy squats, my numbers are quite elevated and well above range (though nowhere near the OP's numbers).

Rep Points

Aegis by Antaeus labs