• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Need some help

Stri8tedGod

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Basically curious what kind of doctor my girlfriend needs to go to and what blood panels she needs to get done. Something is going wrong with her body. She has always had somewhat irregular periods however this last year it has gotten progressively worse. No period in 4 months and no she's not pregnant. She also use to have a high sex drive and now it's literally non existent. She is often really tired and has become frustrated with training because instead of losing weight she is gaining. She asked me for advice on what doctor to go to and what bloodwork I'd recommend but I have no clue as far as the whole female panels go. Also she is 23, so still very young to be having issues like this I would think.

Does she train excessively?

I know woman can actually cease to have menstrual cycles if their bodyfat percentage is too low.

Gyno is a good start
Sports medicine Dr would be a second choice once Gyno has ruled problems

Sounds like estrogen issues... I would do full bloodwoork, estrogen, test, thyroid levels.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I appreciate everyone's responses! She will be trying to make an appointment tomorrow :)

IML Gear Cream!
Turns out she has PCOS and she is pre diabetic with high a1c, which doesn't surprise me it runs in her family. All hormones came back normal except the LH is twice what it should be!

Turns out she has PCOS and she is pre diabetic with high a1c, which doesn't surprise me it runs in her family. All hormones came back normal except the LH is twice what it should be!
The high LH is very common with PCOS. Same with high A1C results. She will need to keep an eye on her blood sugar and get that test done once or twice a year especially if diabetes run in her family.

Get her back on track with diet and exercise as it will help. She may need to go on birth control to regulate her hormones as well. If she starts having other issues such as acne or hair growth in places that shouldn't. ..it's an indication of her testosterone being too high but there are medications to control that such as spironolactone...but it could make her sex drive suffer more... so I think she needs to take the first steps of getting things under control with diet and training...

The high LH is very common with PCOS. Same with high A1C results. She will need to keep an eye on her blood sugar and get that test done once or twice a year especially if diabetes run in her family.

Get her back on track with diet and exercise as it will help. She may need to go on birth control to regulate her hormones as well. If she starts having other issues such as acne or hair growth in places that shouldn't. ..it's an indication of her testosterone being too high but there are medications to control that such as spironolactone...but it could make her sex drive suffer more... so I think she needs to take the first steps of getting things under control with diet and training...

Almost word for word what her doctor said! She starts birth control today to keep her hormones on track! And she's gettin back on track with diet and training to! Thank you!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GearGoddess again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GearGoddess again.
What do you mean?

Meaning he tried to add to your reputation but forum wouldn't let him.
Ohhh... I guess I miss out on things through the app vs browser. Thanks for the clarification.

Back