Facebook    Twitter    YouTube    Instagram

Diet/Nutrition Q:A

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Rep Points

DAMN I have no idea how the hell I missed this thread! I was thinking on starting one because I am about to start my next cycle and I want my diet much improved from my last run but have no idea what exactly to ask lol, I do not have all day to eat, and I do not have a huge appetite either, kind of just like Arnold in all the stories I read on him, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner are not a problem but everything in between is, so my thoughts are Arnold CANNOT be the only bodybuilder that was like this, so what can I do or need to get what I have to do to take full advantage of my next cycle? goals are to put on a little more lean muscle while shedding the remaining body fat at 49.

I did a PCT log for PSL and am thinking of doing up a log here on this next run to be helped kept in check but have not 100% decided yet.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Rep Points

Diet/Nutrition Q:A

Ok I got question here.. so I keep SLOWLY lowering calories was at 3000, then 2500, 2200, now around 1800 keeping protein about 1-1.5 grams per lb of body weight at this point. And I'm losing fat steadily. My strength isn't really increasing greatly but it's certainly not DECREASING.

My question is once I reach a body fat of around 10% which I'd be very pleased with. Theoretically I can just start SLOWLY adding back the calories for muscle GROWTH correct???

Or surely I won't just add fat right back?? Would I? If this happened I would assume that simply meant my body only needs VERY small surplus for muscle growth any more and it stores as fat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BOGNERrocker; 03-22-2017 at 12:09 PM.
    BUTCH GITS

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BOGNERrocker View Post
    Ok I got question here.. so I keep SLOWLY lowering calories was at 3000, then 2500, 2200, now around 1800 keeping protein about 1-1.5 grams per lb of body weight at this point. And I'm losing fat steadily. My strength isn't really increasing greatly but it's certainly not DECREASING.

My question is once I reach a body fat of around 10% which I'd be very pleased with. Theoretically I can just start SLOWLY adding back the calories for muscle GROWTH correct???

Or surely I won't just add fat right back?? Would I? If this happened I would assume that simply meant my body only needs VERY small surplus for muscle growth any more and it stores as fat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, you'll want to reverse diet. Just jumping right back will blow you up in a bad way. Slowly increase your carb intake. Once you've found your balance to grow in a healthy way, you'll know exactly where your carbs need to be and can add in re feed days. I do mine on leg day since I burn the most cals on that day. Lower your protein by half and almost double carbs. I generally eat around 400g, give or take, of carbs while clean bulking and re feed around 700g once a week. I generally stay around 10% while I'm growing. My abs are usually always present. Last summer I think I was around 13% and felt very bloated and uncomfortable but I was ingesting a little over 500g of carbs a day and re feeding at 800g which is way too much for me. Once you start you'll find the balance. Take weekly pics of yourself under the same lighting, same day and under the same conditions (first thing in the am, before food, after bathroom) and make side by side comparisons to keep an eye on your bf.

Milehighkratom.com

Sherk15 for 15% off at milehighkratom.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BOGNERrocker View Post
    My question is once I reach a body fat of around 10% which I'd be very pleased with.
    You are going to have a great summer if you hit 10% !!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Rep Points

Weekly update due on your cut. Waist at belly button? Cardio? Calories?

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    Weekly update due on your cut. Waist at belly button? Cardio? Calories?
    Who are you talking to? Bog?

Milehighkratom.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sherk View Post
    Who are you talking to? Bog?
    Wrong thread, Sherk, sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    405 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by thegame View Post
    DAMN I have no idea how the hell I missed this thread! I was thinking on starting one because I am about to start my next cycle and I want my diet much improved from my last run but have no idea what exactly to ask lol, I do not have all day to eat, and I do not have a huge appetite either, kind of just like Arnold in all the stories I read on him, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner are not a problem but everything in between is, so my thoughts are Arnold CANNOT be the only bodybuilder that was like this, so what can I do or need to get what I have to do to take full advantage of my next cycle? goals are to put on a little more lean muscle while shedding the remaining body fat at 49.

I did a PCT log for PSL and am thinking of doing up a log here on this next run to be helped kept in check but have not 100% decided yet.

Thanks
    Sherk knows his shit and practices what he preaches . one of the few.. you can learn a lot from this guy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Subbed👍👍👍

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Thoughts, reasons and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

I been out of the gym for 9 months with surgery on the shoulder. I have not gained a ton of weight maybe 12-15 lbs but my body comp has changed dramatically. I lost a ton of muscle and put on a coat of fat. I want to trim down but I also need to get my strength and muscle back. Where should I start? trim the fat then bulk or go at or above maintenance until some muscle is recovered. I am torn for a starting point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Bump. I am afraid to message S2H. He might try to convince me to exercise and stop drinking beer.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Rep Points

I would start with eating clean slightly above maintenance and just start training and doing fasted cardio. As muscle builds, bf will lower. After a few months with some fat loss and increase in muscle, reassess and decide which direction makes most sense to you. If you're far out of shape, then cut down some bf first.

Milehighkratom.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sherk View Post
    I would start with eating clean slightly above maintenance and just start training and doing fasted cardio. As muscle builds, bf will lower. After a few months with some fat loss and increase in muscle, reassess and decide which direction makes most sense to you. If you're far out of shape, then cut down some bf first.
    I am kinda in between but the fat will drop and some water will come off. I'll get the diet in check and see how progress goes for 4-6 weeks. I am sure I have not been eating enough and eating bigger meals when not eating for 5-6 hours. Thanks for the input.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

Alright, Im lean, Burning fat, if any shows up at all, is easy as fuck for my body, I grow like a weed when I eat enough, but my legs are not up to par, due to my negligence in that area, I've recently decided to take a break from upper body and am training legs often, I really need some guidance on an effective training plan to grow some killer legs that are competition worthy, I am thinking 1 day a week of maintenance lifts for upper body would be a good idea, hust compound movements, bench, rows, pull ups. I would loce sone input here, but also would love a general idea of a meal plan for straight muscle growth without worrying too much about gaining fat, Im just not worried about that very much, I can keep an eye on it and adjust if needed. Protein, carbs, fats daily percentage advice, pre and post meals advice, breakfast, shakes through the day, I would even pay for a proper plan, from someone I trust that really knows bodybuilding, I want to achieve the look I have in my head, even if I never compete, I want to know beyond the shadow of a doubt that if I did, I would fucking dominate, I have it in me, my genes, my heart, it's in me and it ain't no fuckin Gatorade, lol, adderall is kicking in, time to eat and smash to work. Feed me knowledge guys. O yea.
    I am 28 years old, be 29 July 6th, 5'7" 1/2" 175 lbs. weighed just now after I took a shit, haven't been keeping a very great eating schedule, but I eat good food, right now I would say im anywhere from 12-14% bf, idk, Im just lean, always have been, waist is like 32 with a tape I believe, size 30 waist pants don't stay around my waist without a belt, but the legs are always too tight, I can get other measurements and pics later, gotta buy another tape to do so. Anyways, Im out, have a good day guys.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Rep Points

I figured I'd give this thread a bump since some questions have come up. Also, feel free to shoot me a pm.

Milehighkratom.com