• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Lifting Alone Or Partner

I used to like lifting alone, hired a personal trainer and can't say enough about how great that is. I don't even think or worry about what I'm doing or how I'm feeling. He can read me and gets the most out of me EVERY workout. He keeps track of what we do. I just show up and give everything. Pushes me past what I think I can do. Always have a spotter and get thru my workouts faster than I could on my own.
Costs a but of money, but if you can do it, do it. I was only going to train for a little while to help get over a stagnant period, I don't see myself every stopping. Btw, my trainer knows his shit.

I'm an alone guy too. My gym is mostly people doing solo stuff but you can always find a spot if you need one. Sometimes I pick the wrong guy though, and after yelling "GO! GO! YOU GOT THAT SHIT! NICE!", he will ask me about my tattoos or something and stretch my time between sets out way too long.
A few other guys have said it perfectly, "the gym is not a social event"

Personally same as many of you, I like training alone , I get in and fuck shit up and leave, but it is nice to have a person with you to push you or to spot with heavy ass weight. But work out times are literally doubled with a partner. And I won't ask random people for spot , I always pay attention to who knows how to lift then ask one of them, nothing worst then a spot you can't trust or that doesn't know when to help or how to!

I like to lift with a partner cause the partner push u on days u don't feel as good or want to work out hard. Use like a small competition every day .

If I'm lucky enough to have someone who's doing the same training routine as me, I push harder with a partner present. If the partner happen to be roughly as strong as me or stronger, so a bit of competitiveness gets into it, that's excellent. I don't see the point of having a "training partner" who is not training similarly to you. If you're doing different exercises on opposite sides of the gym, how is that any different from training alone?

In my experience it's hard to find training partners though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love having a committed partner. I've only had 2 solid lifting partners though. I'm very particular about my lift off, and God help them if they touch the bar while I'm still grinding. Now I'm back into civilian life, going back to school for nursing and work night shifts, so it's about impossible to find a lifting partner so I bought a cage, and am lifting in my garage. Luckily I found a nice cage on Craigslist for $225, and reciever a bunch of weights (485lbs) and 2 barbells for free.

I've only ever lifted alone. I like it to escape the world. I can totally see how you guys say more gains with a partner/spotter/motivator. I could see more gains too because sometimes I am alone at the gym so you think twice before trying to push through a couple more reps on the bench.

Trainer partners Slow me down. I rather train alone. I push hard either way

Get Shredded!
When I started I trained with younger bro...We were same stragth but little bro was always bigger...He had me on squats and I never pushed harder...Its great when you can find someone with same schedule and someone who helps you in a sort of friendly competitive way... I now train alone as bro trains strongman but wish I could find reliable partner who likes to just put headphones on and do my workout near same weights and be stronger if anything slightly just enough to make me put in that extra 110% to get that last rep to "win" example 315 5x5 he misses on 5th set and your going nuts and smoke the 5x5 and your up that week, following week say on squats he gets you ect ect... But we all know partners likethese along with work schedules that fit are few and far between...Training alone I get my motivation just fine but also often have to depend on whoever maybe in gym to spot on bench...got 370 on bar and gotta ask some reg type trainer(225lbs bencher) asking if he can even lift it if it gets stucklmao... I tell them just a pinky you can lift it off me if I fail I just need bit of help....but if you dont and something happens...GET HELP!!! LOL

Alone, I can workout on my own schedule

Back