• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Coin circle using email addresses instead of wallet numbers?

criticalben1

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I just paid a friend with bit coin and where the wallet number used to go it asked for an email address. Anybody else have to do it this way?

I think "Circle" is primarily used to just send straight up money from one person to another. Sending it via BTC is just a side option.

Which bit coin site would you recommend in case this set up causes me problems?

Thanks I'll check out coin base. Everything worked out though with circle. They send a wallet number with your bit coins to whoever you send it to and then they can transfer it to their own wallet. Very easy. Just never had to do it before.

Does it take 7 days ro get the bitcoin into coinbase wallet so if thats the case we need to buy bicoins a week in advance of sending funds ? and do the funds depreciate while pending

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Coinbase takes entirely too long if you ask me. With circle I pay immediately.

Thanks man lol yea im just finding this out ill figure this shit out eventually

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Coin base is great
I'm still trying to figure out why they closed my account. They said you have time to get the funds out, and once I did, they closed it.....coinbase hasn't been my favorite!

I just paid a friend with bit coin and where the wallet number used to go it asked for an email address. Anybody else have to do it this way?

If u are referring to circle then this is invalid information. U can send money via email (along with phone number or by selecting a contact) but the option to use an address is still there.

IML Gear Cream!
Not to hijack the thread (I should've clarified to the OP about his main inquiry in my previous post), but below is some info that should be of use in general.

At the bottom of the thread in link below is a post I made for a quick tutorial on using Bitcoin securely...not saying I'm the all-knowing when it comes to this, but if u follow this u will dramatically increase your abilities to send/use bitcoins safely and securely.

Just trying to help the bros where I can...

http://www.anabolicsteroidforums.com/showthread.php/58916-Bitcoin-Is-The-Bomb/page2

Last edited:
Fuck Coinbase.

Coinbase is insecure; they get hacked too much, too often, & require your bank account link to be made so that they can pull an unlimited amount of funds from your account at any given time.... circle has these unreasonable limits; but they are a legit institute backed by tons of banks.
Just recently there's another string of coinbase hacks....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1483525.0

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/7/53...inbase-bitcoins-most-reputable-wallet-service

$3,000 is unreasonable? How much gear u buying? It's $300 for a week and then u can increase it instantly to $3000 afterward...

If u are referring to circle then this is invalid information. U can send money via email (along with phone number or by selecting a contact) but the option to use an address is still there.
I very well be missing something but I could not get to the old screen that you put a wallet number into. It now says enter email address. I just did this last night. How do you get to the wallet number screen?

$3,000 is unreasonable? How much gear u buying? It's $300 for a week and then u can increase it instantly to $3000 afterward...

You got lucky.
They don't let everyone get 3k even after multiple transactions and requests.

Back