• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Breast cancer and AAS

Get Shredded!
So this was there untreated for almost a decade?

Very possible.

Is there any update? I understand if you do not want to post about it, but I was hoping for any good news about the stage and the presence of cancer in her bones.

Ultrasound done on 8/26 showed that both tumors have decreased in size and the lymph node that was cancerous appears normal now just after 3 chemo treatments. As far as the bone cancer goes, my wife had a bone biopsy scheduled on 9/26 that was recently canceled because the radiologist feels the spots are too small to biopsy. So still unsure whether this is stage 2 or 4, but I'm calling this good news for now. My wife gets switched to a different chemo drug (taxol) on her next chemo treatment in two weeks. That drug will be administered once a week for 12 weeks. Surgery should be scheduled around the end of December and will more than likely be a skin saving mastectomy (hopefully). They do not remove the nipple on a skin saving mastectomy. My wife may opt for a double mastectomy to take more of a preventative approach but she hasn't 100% made up her mind yet. Doctors still say radiation will be required after the surgery. Reconstructive surgery (implants) cannot begin until 6 months after radiation so my wife still has a long road ahead of her.

I sincerely thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers.

This is GREAT news Touareg :) Lets all hope that it just keeps getting better and better. Things can change as treatment progresses and hopefully talk of bone biopsy just fades away. If they can spare the nipple, that will make her reconstruction so much less stressful. You guys keep hanging in there, big hugs to you both (and still gonna keep those good thoughts and prayers going your way)

Great news!!!! Hopefully the news only continues to get better. Props to you and your wife for staying strong through this.

Finally some good news today.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally some good news today.

Damn T just read this thread...At least theres some good news in there ..Will keep you guys in my prayers ..She sounds like a tough woman..

Stay positive bro..

http://www.steroidforyou.com/
use code unlisted for 15% off

Good, but encourage her to do thorough breast self exams because mammograms miss a lot of tumors.

My wife first noticed a small lump in her right breast in 2007. She went and had a mammogram done and nothing showed up so she stopped worrying about it and didn't pursue it any further.

Fast forward to 2011. Lump was creating discomfort against her bra so she went to the doctor. Doctor said she believed it was just some scare tissue from my wife's breast implant surgery. My wife didn't pursue it any further.

Fast forward to 2016. Lump still bothering my wife and now she feels a second mass in her right breast, as well as a swollen lymph node under her arm so she goes to the doctor. They send her for a mammogram which reveals 2 small tumors. 1 tumor is 1cm, the other is 2cm. Biopsy later confirms the tumors are cancerous and the cancer had moved into at least one of the lymph nodes.

Don't take the doctor's word on anything. If you suspect something isn't right get a second opinion.

To add to this ...dense breast and breasts with implants do not show up very well with mammograms. Ladies..if you feel something isn't right ask for an ultrasound instead. It's a better tool for dense breasts and breasts with implants.

Very possible.

Ultrasound done on 8/26 showed that both tumors have decreased in size and the lymph node that was cancerous appears normal now just after 3 chemo treatments. As far as the bone cancer goes, my wife had a bone biopsy scheduled on 9/26 that was recently canceled because the radiologist feels the spots are too small to biopsy. So still unsure whether this is stage 2 or 4, but I'm calling this good news for now. My wife gets switched to a different chemo drug (taxol) on her next chemo treatment in two weeks. That drug will be administered once a week for 12 weeks. Surgery should be scheduled around the end of December and will more than likely be a skin saving mastectomy (hopefully). They do not remove the nipple on a skin saving mastectomy. My wife may opt for a double mastectomy to take more of a preventative approach but she hasn't 100% made up her mind yet. Doctors still say radiation will be required after the surgery. Reconstructive surgery (implants) cannot begin until 6 months after radiation so my wife still has a long road ahead of her.

I sincerely thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers.

Cab they do a pet scan in the near future? It's not too terribly helpful for very small bones cancers but it's better than nothing.
Alternately they can follow it like they do for me with mri or cat scan every few months..the tumor in my femur hasn't changed in three yrs that they have records for it.

I go every 6 mths and because it's slightly visible on xray they just follow it that way and mainly look for something called onion peeling. Where they are in the bones if important for the type of radiology they perform.

A million typos and I hit send too early...

I'm glad to hear she's doing very well with the treatment aside from the unavoidable side effects.

I'm surprised and saddened to learn that the Dr felt oxandrolone use might have been a contributing factor

IML Gear Cream!
To add to this ...dense breast and breasts with implants do not show up very well with mammograms. Ladies..if you feel something isn't right ask for an ultrasound instead. It's a better tool for dense breasts and breasts with implants.

This is exactly the conclusion we've come to. MRIs and Mammograms are unreliable.

Cab they do a pet scan in the near future? It's not too terribly helpful for very small bones cancers but it's better than nothing.
Alternately they can follow it like they do for me with mri or cat scan every few months..the tumor in my femur hasn't changed in three yrs that they have records for it.

I go every 6 mths and because it's slightly visible on xray they just follow it that way and mainly look for something called onion peeling. Where they are in the bones if important for the type of radiology they perform.

Insurance denied the PET scan initially, but based on what we know now we could probably press the issue with the insurance co and get it approved. The plan regarding the spots on the bones are to monitor it every 3-4 months with CT scans.

A million typos and I hit send too early...

I'm glad to hear she's doing very well with the treatment aside from the unavoidable side effects.

I'm surprised and saddened to learn that the Dr felt oxandrolone use might have been a contributing factor

Yes, me too. Due to that fact that the cancer was determined to be androgen receptor positive the anavar was blamed for [possibly] speeding up the growth of the cancer.

Yes, me too. Due to that fact that the cancer was determined to be androgen receptor positive the anavar was blamed for [possibly] speeding up the growth of the cancer.

Wow, that's disturbing to hear! Keep us posted.

This is exactly the conclusion we've come to. MRIs and Mammograms are unreliable.

Insurance denied the PET scan initially, but based on what we know now we could probably press the issue with the insurance co and get it approved. The plan regarding the spots on the bones are to monitor it every 3-4 months with CT scans.

Sorry to hear that. The only thing that I know is that var in women with already having breast cancer will reduce the calcium in their bodies which obviously will reduce bone density.

For women being healthy, I am actually surprised that var could have caused this. Maybe she had an underlying condition already and using AAS "woke" those cells up. That's so sad :(

Has she used mast? That's been developed for breath cancer treatment as well as anti-estrogen. Another one to control her estrogen would be Nolva and works quite well.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. The only thing that I know is that var in women with already having breast cancer will reduce the calcium in their bodies which obviously will reduce bone density.

For women being healthy, I am actually surprised that var could have caused this. Maybe she had an underlying condition already and using AAS "woke" those cells up. That's so sad :(

Has she used mast? That's been developed for breath cancer treatment as well as anti-estrogen. Another one to control her estrogen would be Nolva and works quite well.

The oncologist was quite clear to explain that the anavar did not cause the cancer, but it more than likely provided fuel to accelerate the growth of the cancer.

No, she's never used masteron.

Since my wife is post-menopausal she will most likely be placed on an AI instead of a SERM.

That's terrible, I'm sorry to hear that man.

The oncologist was quite clear to explain that the anavar did not cause the cancer, but it more than likely provided fuel to accelerate the growth of the cancer.

Since my wife is post-menopausal she will most likely be placed on an AI instead of a SERM.
Sorry to hear that. I hope everything will get figured out soon!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Im certainly not arguing with her oncologist but here s a pretty good read (though scientifically written) on AR positive breast cancer- turns out quite a few are but its associated with better outcomes

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4643279/

Touareg, how is your wife doing so far? Any updates?

Praying that things are going well...

^Thank you, iceman.

Her last chemotherapy appointment is on Monday. She's held up pretty well through it (easy for me to say). Her spirits have been very good considering what she's going through. She's pretty much lost all of her hair, including her eye brows and most of her eye lashes. Her fingernails have turned light brown and one of her toenails is starting to fall off. She says the area around her fingernails is very sore. She also says that her skin hurts.

She has a follow-up CT scan next week that we are very interested in seeing the results of. Best case scenario is that the "spots" on her bones remain unchanged from the first CT scan done prior to the chemo. This would most likely indicate the the spots are not cancer since they would have been unaffected by the chemotherapy. Her surgery is scheduled for January 9th and she'll be undergoing a radical double-mastectomy. I've been criticized for saying this but I'm taking it pretty hard knowing that my wife is going to lose her nipples. My wife has beautiful breasts, they are one of my favorite parts of her and knowing that she will be losing them, nipples included, has been hard on me but I guess I'm going to have to find a way to deal with it. Her doctors are still recommending radiation after surgery but my wife has made up her mind that she is going to refuse it. All the doctors tell us is that radiation is done as a precaution but we feel what the fuck is radiation going to do that 20 weeks of chemotherapy hasn't?

Will keep you in our prayers,i could not begin to imagine what either of u are going through . Stay strong.

Touareg - I cannot imagine being in your shoes. I won't pretend to tell you something to make you and your wife feel better. All I can tell you is to strengthen your faith. Of all the people I know that have dealt with tremendous obstacles in life, the ones that have been able to overcome were the ones with a strong sense of faith.

Keep us posted with the results.

Good luck to her and you both, Touareg. Keep us in the loop...

Any consideration of reconstructive surgery at the time of the mastectomy or afterwards? Or is it not on the table?

Good luck to her and you both, Touareg. Keep us in the loop...

Any consideration of reconstructive surgery at the time of the mastectomy or afterwards? Or is it not on the table?

Yes, she has a reconstructive surgeon who will be doing his thing after the surgical oncologist disfigures her. He'll be putting spacers in. She has to have the spacers in place for at least three months before the reconstructive surgeon installs the implants.

She's still having issues with her finger and toe nails. Two of her nails are oozing and infected and she'll more than likely loose her nails on the affected finger and toe. Doctor prescribed her antibiotics to help with the infection yesterday. Fucking nasty shit.

I deal with a health crisis in my wife's life also friend. You and your family are in my prayers.

my ex mother in law had her nipple convincingly reconstructed..I mean...its never quite the same but it looked honestly very good

a tattoo artist recently crossed my fb that is world renowned in his nipple ink. I'll try to find the guy again- something to consider when the dust has settled

my toenails fell off once for a completely different reason- I cheered myself up about it by drawing zombie faces around where they were with sharpie and showing anyone who would look. they grow back but they'll look weird for like a year. Mother-in-laws nails rew back and looked odd for a while but eventually straightened out
I had a silver topical prescribed by a podiatrist for infection- it worked well - I have ton of it if you'd like me to send it to you? it seemed to work better than an antibiotic at any rate. bonus - its kills opportunistic fungi too downside is it makes your skin kinda black for a couple of weeks from the silver staining and oxidizing.

I'm sorry you're both going through all of this

I will be praying brother

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back